Grand Prix 5 to be released after all!!!

Posted by 97kirkc 
Grand Prix 5 to be released after all!!!
Date: May 12, 2003 12:30PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Just viewed this over at the Alphaf1 Grand Prix 4 site:

"According to German Gamigo gaming news site, Infogrames has plans to afterall release Grand Prix 5. However, it looks like it won't be a Geoff Crammond game, the name is just from the same series.

More info will be posted as soon as something official is available. There are speculations that more info would be announced at the upcoming E3 Expo."

When is the E3 Expo? :)

Re: Grand Prix 5 to be released after all!!!
Date: May 12, 2003 12:40PM
Posted by: Stef
That's good news, even if it isnt Geoff's game (as long as it doesnt become an arcade game). Link?

Stefan Gordon - MG X Power GP4 driver in H.O.W.C
Date: May 12, 2003 12:44PM
Posted by: Covfan
It starts today. Till Wednesday IIRC.
Date: May 12, 2003 12:52PM
Posted by: Beardless2
all they need to do is take gp4 and iron the bugs out, find out why gp4 runs at 20fps when other games can do 80fps, and update cars etc and u have gp5. of course adding safety car etc....

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: May 12, 2003 01:01PM
Posted by: Pooky
coolio englasias;)

Date: May 12, 2003 01:17PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
One big big thing!

MAKE IT EDITABLE!!!

P.S. How reliable is this???

Date: May 12, 2003 01:24PM
Posted by: duffman
whats E3 Expo ?
Date: May 12, 2003 01:26PM
Posted by: Spike02
That's good news, even if it isnt Geoff's game (as long as it doesnt become an arcade game). Link?

i dunno, unless it's geoff or Papyrus doing the physics, i have a pretty bad feeling about this..........

Date: May 12, 2003 01:29PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Yeah but if they don't change the physics too much we'll be OK.

EA's physics are crap, but the physics engine is great. I'd settle for an editible physics engine like EA's any day!

Date: May 12, 2003 01:36PM
Posted by: Tony
I think Grand Prix 4 is great to be honest, and any improvements in a sucessor, need not be too radical. If they start making GP"5" or whatever so realistic than you can't tell it from the real thing - almost litarally, then it won't seem like a game/simulation anymore, but just like controling a REAL Grand Prix game on your computer! - and that has the potential of being a turn-off - if the Ferrari cars are set to win every race that is:)

No, give me a good simulation, that DOESN'T look like the real thing, but gets close. Give me a Game that runs at 60 FPS on TODAY'S PC's, and with safety cars, pitstop cockups (also with lots more activity in the pits, like general fartin' about;) Drivers "waving frustration" at oppenents who won't let them overtake, Drivers getting out of there cars after accidents, taking there steering wheel off, and helmet, and telling the Marshels to sod off! Pitboards, usual things that are missed out (safety cars, 30 second penelty etc), improved AI, Driver moving Viser away from helmet after several laps, Driver drinking water during pit-stop.

there are many thing I've probably not listed that should have been, and also some of the above are available in downloads (pit-boards etc). But at the end of the day, it is a simulation, and if it gets like "Telly" on ya PC, then it will lose it's appeal.

Tony
Date: May 12, 2003 01:37PM
Posted by: marcl
Think it will not be to good, the other car games they have produced are not very good.

The company are known for buggy games anyway ask anyone that play their roller coaster games lol (me)

Gp5 will prob be a finished version of Gp4, remember they know the code to update the tracks, and will be of last years season.
Date: May 12, 2003 01:41PM
Posted by: ralphi

Post Edited (05-12-03 20:42)

Date: May 12, 2003 02:04PM
Posted by: Stan
any links??
Date: May 12, 2003 02:25PM
Posted by: andrew_S
if its not crammond, its not grand prix :(

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 12, 2003 02:26PM
Posted by: Tony

Post Edited (05-12-03 22:23)

With the ever increase in technology, the word "impossible" should be used with caution - if at all
Date: May 12, 2003 02:43PM
Posted by: tux
i wouldnt think its allowed to be called grand prix 5

because "Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 5" is its full title

Date: May 12, 2003 02:57PM
Posted by: Breadfan
I agree. I don't think they have the license ovet the title.
Unless, Geoff sold it to them..which I doubt...

Breadfan

[www.forums.sportspavilion.net]
Date: May 12, 2003 02:58PM
Posted by: Alex13
I don't care who makes da game. As long as this game is good.

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: May 12, 2003 03:00PM
Posted by: Xero
I think it would be fair to say GP5 will be a glorified GP4, with more features that the community has been screaming for, updated content etc.

Personally, I don't think they will be able to squeeze alot more fps out of it. By the time it comes around, the standard of PC's will have risen dramatically... Top PC's that can run the game well now, will be going for around £200... i'm sure most people would have upgraded by then! They will probably improve the gfx engine by adding to the current one, so it should support a wider range of PC's.

People say make it editable... barring circuits, GP4 is editable now! I 'm sure the format of the games files won't change too much.

I could be wrong... there's a good possibility they might start from scratch and try to implement GP4's physics. I don't think they would turn it into an arcade game... thay would get unbelievable heat from the fans of the series!

Date: May 12, 2003 03:00PM
Posted by: Breadfan
And for God's sake, why do u guys use online translator for german?! It looks awful. I'm sure there are lots of Germans around who could translate it far better. Even me for that matter...or even JackieStewart! He's aquick learner I'm sure of it!

Breadfan

[www.forums.sportspavilion.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy