Issues loading gp4 again...

Posted by GP_maniac 
Issues loading gp4 again...
Date: June 30, 2014 09:49PM
Posted by: GP_maniac
Hi,

After putting my new rig together I have installed gp4 onto my new system. I have also installed the 9.6 patch.

It was working fine up until today until I get just a black screen and need to task manager out of it as it is not responding.

I am now running windows 7 home premium.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Re: Issues loading gp4 again...
Date: June 30, 2014 10:50PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
I to have windows 7, and one thing that can help is to install GP4 on an XP or Vista computer, then copy the gamefolder to your new rig.

Otherwise, make sure you are administrator, and you can try putting every program that's related to GP4 to Windows XP compability mode

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: June 30, 2014 11:17PM
It was weird it worked yesterday, the only difference is that I installed extra RAM today and it just black screens on me.
Date: June 30, 2014 11:28PM
Posted by: mortal
A black screen is usually a graphics issue. If the only change you made was installing new ram, try removing it and test again, although I don't see how more ram could affect it, unless it is a different brand and not compatible, like a different clock speed.
Try copying the install from your laptop via the home network or usb stick, or even burn it to a dvd.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 30, 2014 11:36PM
Might just copy over my entire gp4 folder, just working through it bit by bit.

If still not working I will look at the RAM thing but as you said it should make no difference.

Own built computers are awesome :D
Date: June 30, 2014 11:39PM
I will add the gpu and graphics system is working perfectly with all other games.
Date: July 01, 2014 12:29AM
Managed to get it working when installing gpx patch etc.

Just installed gpxpatch 4.24, have done no editing to the game as yet.

However this is now how my game looks...

[i659.photobucket.com]

Really confused as to why this is
Date: July 01, 2014 12:38AM
Posted by: Foreverk
Looks like gpxpatch panels missing (check the tab gpxcinfo)
Date: July 01, 2014 01:14AM
I have not installed any tabs or anything unless your referring to the Lo2k theme pre installed.

I am also confused by the white car parts
Date: July 01, 2014 03:13PM
Posted by: mortal
Make sure the ingame graphics is set to high. Get a good graphics.cfg and try that, it looks like the draw distance is not set right. The white blocks are missing def panels, they are enabled in gpx but the path is incorrect.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 01, 2014 03:27PM
Does anyone know of any good graphics.cfg or know of anyone who could help adjust mine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy