problem with new dat

Posted by tumyeto 
problem with new dat
Date: June 30, 2014 05:28PM
Posted by: tumyeto
hi, I need help because I have a problem with a dat I recreated 2 times.
When I get to the pit entry, my car is projected on the side of the track, so I can not return to the pits.
I have no error messages in the track flag list so I do not understand because I've never encountered this problem.

thank you for your help.

my problem on this pic
[www.casimages.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2014 05:28PM by tumyeto.
Re: problem with new dat
Date: June 30, 2014 06:12PM
ok problem is fixed.
I encounter another problem since yesterday, the track is very bumpy and I'd like it to be smooth. Yet in the data, the track is supposed to be flat so I do not understand.
Date: June 30, 2014 11:05PM
Posted by: Atticus.
It might be that the original DAT which you modified was Interlagos'. (s1ct03.dat) Interlagos has by far the bumpiest surface of all the original tracks and this behaviour is set in the magic data. You need CMagic 1.02 to extract this magic data from the GP4.exe, modify it and insert it directly into your DAT file from which GPxPatch could read it.

At the moment I don't know where you can get CMagic, but I'm sure someone will soon give you directions.

P. S.: Monza is also very bumpy by default as I recall. The above notion will apply to that one as well, if you happen to use the Monza DAT.
Date: July 01, 2014 12:07AM
Posted by: TomMK
Atticus
At the moment I don't know where you can get CMagic, but I'm sure someone will soon give you directions.

[www.gp4central.com] (at the bottom of the page) (Y)

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: July 01, 2014 12:40AM
I used melbourne and then imola and I get the same result with these two tracks
Date: July 01, 2014 02:41AM
Posted by: Atticus.
Hm, they are two of the flattest tracks as far as magic data goes.

Are you sure there is no elevation change in the DAT file yet? If it's indeed flat (no elevation change, e. g. all sectors are on 0 metres), then are you sure you are not aiming at an unrealistically flat surface?
Date: July 01, 2014 03:03AM
I checked out another of my circuits and there really more bumps now.
But my problem with the pit entry reappeared, I ejected the track when I try to pit.
I do not understand all these problems because before I made the perfect DAT :(
Date: July 01, 2014 11:26AM
the problem of pit entry is that I can return to the stand through the banks but not the track as explained Photo

[www.casimages.com]

it's really weird because I do not have any error messages in gp4 builder and I never encountered this problem before.
Date: July 01, 2014 11:55AM
it's ok I think all my problems are solved
For bump, I think I forgot to back up the magic data in TSM.
For the pitlane I created 2 more banks and it seems to work.

thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy