GP4 on InsideSimRacing

Posted by Atticus. 
GP4 on InsideSimRacing
Date: March 01, 2014 04:55PM
Posted by: Atticus.
I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but GP4 has been the subject of an article on InsideSimRacing a few weeks ago.

Here it is:

[www.insidesimracing.tv]

It mentions only GP4 Central as a hub for mod contents sadly, although I know by experience that GPG is still one of the first destinations of those seeking answers to their questions.

It says nothing new, I just think it's cool that is is still being revisited and particularly that is is still being acknowledged for its realism.

(It this has already been discussed here and I somehow missed it, then have some mod simply lock down the topic. Thanks.)
Re: GP4 on InsideSimRacing
Date: March 01, 2014 05:05PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Thats no fair at all.(N) :(

GPG and Gp4forever has the greatest content actually for Gp4.
Date: March 01, 2014 05:14PM
Posted by: gastonmazzacane
They've put a picture of Grand prix 3 on top of the page, after the Grand prix 4 picture :-) Lol
Date: March 02, 2014 12:01AM
Posted by: TomMK
Yeh I'm actually a bit embarrassed that they have chosen to highlight Central over GPG and GP4Forever. I mean, my site is good and all, but it's just a one-man band hobbyist website, these places are full-on communities with hundreds of active members.

That said, it's great to see GP4 still getting some attention. Which is thanks to the communities which continue to support the game by making updates (Y).

Edit: I've written a post on the front page to direct people over to GPG and GP4 Forever in case they're not aware of them.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 12:11AM by TomMK.
Date: March 02, 2014 12:39AM
Posted by: Excalibur
@Tom: You shouldn't be embarassed. This is not you who asked for this article. The aim of your website is to centralize all the GP4 public releases and ressources. Without GP4 Central, maybe they would not have had the idea of their article. So, I think that this was easiest for them to have a global view of what we can find on GP4 today.
A good article would have been to make a "GP4 Tour", including tracks makers, such as F1 Virtual or others, a tour of some of the best mods availables (which are also available on your website), cars, sounds, graphics and other ressources with pictures. Long story short, It is great to have an article which tells that the community still continue to keep GP4 alive, for the information. So, not a bad idea but I think that there is a lack of content which could convert people to join us...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 02:52AM by Excalibur.
Date: March 02, 2014 12:41AM
Posted by: mortal
People join this site every day. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 02, 2014 01:46AM
mortal écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People join this site every day. :-)

Good news :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: March 02, 2014 02:37AM
Excalibur Wrote:
> mortal écrivait:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > People join this site every day. :-)
>
> Good news :-)

In Gp4forever we too get new users everyday.(Y)
Date: March 02, 2014 02:49AM
Posted by: mortal
We get more...;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 02, 2014 08:04AM
I don't want this to be a comparison topic between GPG & GP4 Forever vs. GP4 Central, or GPG vs. GP4 Forever for that matter.

In hindsight, I should've probably left that line out of the OP as well. I didn't want to increase tensions between the various GP4 sites out there.

@TomMK: I didn't know you run GP4 Central practically yourself. Good job, because it is a very fine page, I think. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 08:47AM by Atticus..
Date: March 02, 2014 04:05PM
Posted by: Briere
Of course Mal didn't mean to directly compare GPG to GP4Forever :)
Date: March 02, 2014 08:03PM
Posted by: munnzy
well i guess any publicity is good publicity and more power to all those who support and create the mods and updates for the best racing sim no question, i have supported and played this since the first release on the amiga platform, thats a really old computer for you kids out there lol. I don't see GP4 dying a death any time soon when the likes of EA bring out such pants as sims racing games.
I quick nod and respect to Jorge Caranti who commented on the site and runs GP4forever with help from talented authors bringing us mere mortals fab updates, regards to all in the GP4 world and happy racing
regards
Munnzy199
(Y)
Date: March 04, 2014 07:11PM
Posted by: Lo2k
No need to bother. InsideSimRacing never took in consideration GP4. They are much more oriented toward ISI engine games, iRacing or NetKar... That's their editorial line...

Date: March 04, 2014 07:54PM
Posted by: JasonJarvis1988
The places I go in regards of GP4 material is here, GP4Central and GP4Forever....the GP4 trinity of greatness. (B)

GP4 will continue to blossom as long as there is a community to create/discuss ect....in other words the community breathes life into the game especially when the modders are graphical genius's.

I HOPE Mr Crammond would work on a GP5 but I doubt that would ever happen.
Date: March 05, 2014 12:49AM
JasonJarvis1988 écrivait:
> The places I go in regards of GP4 material is
> here, GP4Central and GP4Forever....the GP4 trinity
> of greatness. (B)
>
> GP4 will continue to blossom as long as there is a
> community to create/discuss ect....in other words
> the community breathes life into the game
> especially when the modders are graphical
> genius's.
>
> I HOPE Mr Crammond would work on a GP5 but I doubt
> that would ever happen.

+1 Unfortunately, GP5 will never see the light because of F1 rights belonging to Codemasters and also that Geoff Crammond has retired... But I suppose that he is able to make the best F1 race simulation ever made, regarding what he did with GP4 and what it is still able to do with Gp4 today. GP4's IA still remains the best ahead ISI and Codemasters, also concerning physics. The game will celebrate his 12th anniversary this year...

Never forget that the community is still strong and that GP4 is still alive thanks to programmers such as Laurent (Lo2k) for GP4Builder , wadupdater, GPI Browser,Team Editor and other tools, René for GPxPatch, Diego (Öggo) for GP4Renamer, ZAZ for Zaz tools (csm, TSM, slimtex), Madman (GP4Tweaker), and also thanks to present and past modders that I would like also to thank here for their passion and knowledges that they shared with the community: Mitsuro Sano, Raulongo, Fongu, Lee71, Daimon, Craigo, Gezere, Isaint, SchueyFan, Öggo, Spidey, Hega, Enzozj, Drt01, F1 Virtual Team (Prblanco, Gildoorf), Tumyeto, Tojepo, Kizz, Rom1, MDBSnake, 32Bobo32, Paolo, Jcaranti, Celhinio, Quickslick, Brière, Skaningen, Jimbob1, Gitanes TomMK...and all others who will recognize themselves (sorry guys, list is too long ) and our host, Mortal... I wanted to take advantage of this thread and article dedicated to GP4 to thank you all sincerely for what you brought to the community ... I learned a lot thanks to the first of you since GP4World to GPG.org, passing by RaceSimPitStop or RealGPX I don't forget too... :-)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 12:59AM by Excalibur.
Date: March 05, 2014 01:50AM
@Excalibur thank you.
I too thanks everyone in the Gp4 community (modders, fans, tool makers) including L02k for Gp4builder.

I will be in 2014 and 2015 for track updates and a few small releases. (Y)

Thank you to everyone. (Y)
Date: March 05, 2014 07:04AM
Posted by: rracunis
Great post Excalibur , thanks to you and to everyone involved to improve day by day the GP4(Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 08:03PM by rracunis.
Date: March 05, 2014 06:15PM
Yeah, great summary, Excalibur. It just goes to show that in reality, a game gets old when the buzz in its community fades - and it certainly hasn't faded in the case of GP4, what's more, I think it was stronger in these recent years than before.
Date: March 06, 2014 08:56AM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
Excalibur schrieb:
> JasonJarvis1988 écrivait:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The places I go in regards of GP4 material is
> > here, GP4Central and GP4Forever....the GP4
> trinity
> > of greatness. (B)
> >
> > GP4 will continue to blossom as long as there is
> a
> > community to create/discuss ect....in other
> words
> > the community breathes life into the game
> > especially when the modders are graphical
> > genius's.
> >
> > I HOPE Mr Crammond would work on a GP5 but I
> doubt
> > that would ever happen.
>
> +1 Unfortunately, GP5 will never see the light
> because of F1 rights belonging to Codemasters and
> also that Geoff Crammond has retired... But I
> suppose that he is able to make the best F1 race
> simulation ever made, regarding what he did with
> GP4 and what it is still able to do with Gp4
> today. GP4's IA still remains the best ahead ISI
> and Codemasters, also concerning physics. The game
> will celebrate his 12th anniversary this year...

guys, this game need an online mode! All modders must work together on a tool, programm or other things to make GP4 run smooth over a internet conection.
Date: March 06, 2014 10:13AM
Posted by: NickJW
The online option is availble ingame but in any other way it doesn't work properly. if that can be fixed gp4 will run smooth online

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy