GPG Hotlaps League

Posted by truecrysis 
Re: GPG Hotlaps League
Date: March 07, 2014 11:04PM
Posted by: kedy89
Can I update my files/upload new files if I improve my time?

Also it'd be nice if the leaderbord also showed which steering device was used.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: March 07, 2014 11:11PM
Posted by: Diax F1
-sigh- Tried putting my username in during the game but it decided to keep it as Lewis Hamilton. Could that be deleted please?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2014 11:15PM by Diax F1.
Date: March 08, 2014 03:17AM
Posted by: TomMK
@kedy89 - Yes, if you beat your lap, upload a new one. As long as you use the same name, number and car, it will overwrite your old lap.

@DiaxF1 - You need to edit the performance file called "performance_early.txt" in gpxpdata folder. Obviously you should only change the name and number of one driver to your own, and don't change any grip or power values!!! ;) I will delete the Lewis Hamilton lap.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: March 08, 2014 03:03PM
Posted by: Diax F1
Managed to get it all sorted...been a long time since I did actual racing on GP4 ;) used my normal username that I have on most sites instead of my GPG.org username...in fact, I'd love to be able to change my username on here to viperk1 ;)

Date: March 08, 2014 08:25PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Well i've uploaded a lap, even though its a pretty slow banker lap! It all runs really well, and its great to be able to see everything on the leaderboard so quickly! Interestingly I chose the same slot as Dean to use, car number 10. Will this cause any problems or can anyone use the same slots?

The only thing i've seen so far is perhaps something to indicated what type of controller was used as Tobi has already said. If it's one big combined category someone with a steering wheel is going to find it very easy to come in and beat any keyboard laps...

Oh and i've just uploaded another lap to change my car number to 16. Any chance you could delete the lap under my name that uses the number 10?

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2014 08:48PM by truecrysis.
Date: March 09, 2014 12:15AM
Anyone can use any number they want, it won't affect the results.

Good idea regarding the controller type. I hadn't thought about that to be honest. It seems there are a lot of keyboard players out there! I will introduce this for the next event.

I'm not sure how we will even it out between wheel players and keyboard players? Suggestions welcomed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2014 12:35AM by TomMK.
Date: March 09, 2014 12:22AM
Posted by: supermonty
I have a problem when i want to upload my time.

I put the laps.log and the hl.file but, after "submit", i've the following message : "No Player Lap found in Practise Session"
Date: March 09, 2014 12:32AM
Send your laps.log file to me. The submission checker cannot find a valid lap in the last session you completed, but it may be a bug.

Date: March 09, 2014 02:27AM
Something I missed for Pre-Season Testing 1 was that we should all use the same AI Difficulty Level because it affects the hofxlap checksum we use to validate the laps (thanks Jorge for pointing this out to me). So from now on all events will state a difficulty level which you must set before you start your hotlaps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2014 11:46AM by TomMK.
Date: March 09, 2014 11:51PM
I've had a bit of rethink around the season calendar - originally I wanted to follow the real F1 events but I think that (a) will take too long and (b) means we don't get the chance to use some of the great old or non-F1 tracks that have been made for GP4.

So we're going to have a shorter season, something like 6-8 events over 3 / 4 months, using a mixture of modern F1 circuits and other non-F1 classics.

Still on the to-do list:

- Controller type used (wheel / keyboard)
- Decide tracks to be used for the season

Also, Barcelona testing will now end on Wednesday so hurry up and post a time if you haven't done it yet! The next pre-season testing event will start on Friday.

The mod we use is available as a direct download now in case you're not a fan of using BitTorrent.

Edit: Darn it - nice lap Supermonty ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 12:01AM by TomMK.
Date: March 10, 2014 08:24AM
thanks, good for a keyboard lap...
Date: March 10, 2014 08:36AM
i don't no why but i'm not able to play with my Microsoft X360 Pad. I calibrate it but ingame, the car is like "crazy", commands are completely disturbed.
Date: March 10, 2014 09:25AM
Does it work using a stock standard version of GP4?

Date: March 10, 2014 12:11PM
Posted by: kedy89
@TomMK: I used a Gamepad, not a wheel. Would be nice if you add this option, too ;-).

Edit: How about Split 1&2 as part of the leaderboard? Would be interesting to see where you lose/gain time imo.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2014 12:40PM by kedy89.
Date: March 10, 2014 12:57PM
Posted by: JasonJarvis1988
I nailed a lap as Mr Maldonado. I'm a while off the pace set by Supermonty (Y)
Date: March 10, 2014 08:31PM
Posted by: truecrysis
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Edit: How about Split 1&2 as part of the
> leaderboard? Would be interesting to see where you
> lose/gain time imo.

Yeh i like this idea, i think it would be good to see what's going on for each sector, at least for the hotlap mode. Don't know how possible it is from the data provided though.

I might also suggest starting a new thread so that you can update with details and such as necessary? I can update the first post of this thread of you like but it may be easier if you/jorge can do it when you want :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: March 10, 2014 10:10PM
Posted by: ChrisJ
Ah, put in a few laps yesterday and only just now realised there was specific difficulty and a weather seed to be used, sorry about that. My lap should be invalidated then!
Date: March 10, 2014 11:46PM
Posted by: ChrisJ
Nevermind, updated my best lap, so should be fine now!

regards
chris
Date: March 11, 2014 12:03AM
Don't worry about not having used the right ai difficulty / weather - that's why we're starting with some pre-season testing so that everyone learns how this works, including me. I know I need to make that more prominent on the event page now.

I will add gamepad as a controller type on the submission page, and splits 1 and 2 to the leaderboard (the splits will only appear on new submissions from now on though).

Also I'll start a new thread for the competition, like truecrysis suggests, so I can update that with the latest events etc. I'll start one for Pre-season testing #2 which starts on Friday.

Just as a tip to everyone, we will probably always use AI Difficult = Pro, so that should be one thing you can set and forget.

3 rounds of pre-season testing might seem a lot before we get started for real but I want to make sure the actual events don't have any problems, so we're running one more hotlap event and then a quickrace event before the start of the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2014 12:17AM by TomMK.
Date: March 11, 2014 12:53PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Can someone upload the track. Im getting wrong checksums for the track only. (Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy