Quicklaps bug & Opening car shapes in 3ds max

Posted by Whiplashh 
Quicklaps bug & Opening car shapes in 3ds max
Date: February 15, 2014 09:36PM
Posted by: Whiplashh
First of all, I'm really happy to see that my favorite F1 racing game is still alive. But since I'm new here with all the stuff, I need answers to 2 questions:

1. I noticed one irritating bug inside of the game. When you're playing "Quicklaps" mode you can pick desired player, change his name and change his car. The bug is that whenever I pick desired car (Williams for example), it still says that it's Ferrari while I'm racing. Basically, you get your desired car, but the game just treat it as Ferrari always. Is there a way to fix this?

2. I see there are a lot of car moders. I wonder is there is a way for me to get some of those car models? I mean, I would like to open some of these car models with my 3ds max program, but I don't know how. If it's not a secret, please give me the directions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2014 02:33PM by Whiplashh.
Re: I'm new and I have 2 questions ;)
Date: February 15, 2014 09:57PM
Posted by: mortal
Welcome to the site. :-)

1. Never heard of this bug. Maybe someone has an answer on it. Be patient.

2. Read the GP4FAQ for 3D tutorials.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 15, 2014 11:56PM
2. I actually already did that and couldn't move forward too much. All those tutorials are very old and their links are not working. I guess somebody can just write basic stuff here in few steps. I'll appreciate it.
Date: February 16, 2014 10:02AM
Posted by: mortal
Sorry about the dead links, I wasn't aware of them. If you could report them to me via pm I'll look at it.
You need to be more specific with your topic, so you should edit the first post header. Try using; New user help please: Quick laps bug & Opening car shapes in 3D Software
Just saying you have two questions may be ignored. Good luck. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Quicklaps bug & Opening car shapes in 3D Software
Date: February 16, 2014 11:55AM
For example, here are 2 links for videos which don't work:
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Anyway, I changed the header. ;)
Re: Quicklaps bug & Opening car shapes in 3D Software
Date: February 16, 2014 03:17PM
Posted by: Foreverk
To open the cars with 3ds max program all you need to do is open the file with zmodeler and export it to 3ds format (read the first part of this tutorial: [www.grandprixgames.org]). I´m not sure if zmodeler 2 opens .gp4 files, but you can use version 1.07b (download from here: [www.mediafire.com]) (Y)
Re: Quicklaps bug & Opening car shapes in 3ds max
Date: February 16, 2014 05:31PM
Thanks man! I'll check it out and see if I'll get in any troubles. ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2014 06:00PM by Whiplashh.
Re: Quicklaps bug & Opening car shapes in 3ds max
Date: February 16, 2014 05:59PM
Posted by: nhorry
Import it...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy