@ Madman

Posted by Xero 
@ Madman
Date: May 06, 2003 06:09PM
Posted by: Xero
First i'd like to thank you for the latest version of GP4 Tweaker... the drive through penalty works like a charm! :)

My question concerns the 2003 Qualifying rule you have implemented. At the moment the car-out order appears to be random (unless i'm mistaken!)... do you think it is possible to implement a specified order for this? I'm sure you're working on it and wish ya all the best!

Re: @ Madman
Date: May 06, 2003 09:15PM
Posted by: Ellis
The only thign im looking for is for him to unlock the cockpit camera postion! Then i can make a proper GT cockpit!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 07, 2003 04:41PM
Posted by: Madman271
To Xero:

At the moment, I'm still working hard on drive-thru and qual rules tweak to fix anything and improve them. Many ideas to implemented to these tweaks including about your question. Dont' worry and just wait for the next version.

To Ellis:

Don't worry, I'll promise to unlocked it. But because this thing hard coded in the module, you need to wait 'till next version. If you have a plan or something working on about primary cockpit camera position, just do it.

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: May 07, 2003 05:11PM
That is very good news, massive thanks!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 08, 2003 04:34AM
Posted by: ayazyounis
madman, you know youre drive thru does it work with a keyboard now? didnt in the first version did it. and when you get a drive thru does it dislay in the screnn like so and so driver has a drive thru?
Date: May 08, 2003 04:52AM
Posted by: Alex13
It would be gr8 to replace the black flag, with the proper real f1 drive throu penalty graphics

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: May 08, 2003 11:01AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

has anyone ever jump started then cut a corner of the track?

so you have two black flags going?

i did it at imola ,start (DUH) and also that chicane up the back cant think of
its name, but anyway what happens to me is my car slows down until i get
to the pitlane then it goes away. i checked gp4tweaker to make sure
i had it on drive thru for cutting track, but still did it

so i disabled the black flag for cutting corners

Date: May 08, 2003 05:33PM
To displaying graphics telling a driver got drive-thru penalty, GPxPatch should able to do that better. Well, GP4 Tweaker is just a simple tweaker, not a graphics editor. :-P

Maybe the simplest solution by changing black flag texture graphic (located on every track wad files, I guess) with something similar with this purpose. But if just a text displayed on screen (something said like "You Got Drive-Thru Penalty", I can do that.

For drive-thru applied for keyboard controller, due to way of GP4 switched controller handling, I'm afraid that is cannot realized in short time. If this feature forced to applied to drive-thru, you'll lost all keyboard helps while driving.

To corn_freak:
Can you explain your problem more detail?

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: May 08, 2003 05:51PM
The graphic for a drive thro penalty might be a bit hard becasue there will be a black flag gfx on a tex file somewhere, and gp4 will pic out a certain area to dispaly when u cut the corner (the black flag part), so a new gfx wud have to fit in the same gfx area

Date: May 09, 2003 04:53AM
To corn_freak:
Can you explain your problem more detail?

corn hehe

well at imola i jumped the start (depiberatly) and got a drive thru penatly.
the black flag was flashing, then before i could take the drive thru, i cut the track (the chicane up the back of the track) and the black flag stoped flashing and was normal like it was normally. the car slowed right down
like it does in the original gp4. but instead of going away and "setting me loose" with full power after 10 seconds, it kept me going slow until i got
to the pits and served my drive thru.

it did it twice before i checked gp4tweaker, found everyting was good for not making car slow down (i didnt have force retirement thing on) tweaker. and tried it again, and it still the same

Date: May 09, 2003 09:50AM
Posted by: Rainer
Sorry folks, but where can I get the "Driver Trough Penalty" mod?? URL please!
Date: May 09, 2003 09:54AM
its on this site, its GP4Tweaker

Date: May 09, 2003 11:42AM
Posted by: Rainer
Thank you!
Date: May 09, 2003 11:45AM
To Korn_Freak: (Yap, with K not C) :)

Your situation is correct and normal (as explained in tweaklist.txt). If you try to violating black-flag rules at second attempt (or more), the flashing icon will stop (shown stationary) and your car will be-slow-down.

In beta version, this is not implemented, but one of my tester suggest to restrict it so any "cheaters" won't takes any changes to shortening their lap time.

Ch88rs,
Madman
Date: May 09, 2003 12:49PM

ahh ok :) thats what I get for not reading all the .doc files eh :\

yeah i agree it is a good idea to make people not cheat. though it can
be annoying if you slip up twice in a lap

oh well

Date: May 09, 2003 09:01PM
Posted by: DAW182
now what we need are drive thurs for bad driving, causeing crashes etc,
and speeding in the pits ;)

how about it madman sure u can do it :D

Date: May 09, 2003 09:05PM

the only thing is speeding isnt something the driver so that will have to
be changed to

Date: May 10, 2003 10:25AM
Bad driving and causing crash/accident can only be applied to player car. AI cars are too stupid for applying drive-thru penalty. Maybe collision detection routine in gp4 can be used for drive-thru penalty rules.

Gr88ts,
Madman
Date: May 10, 2003 10:39AM
Posted by: Xero
Rene should be able to do something with it, although he can't get Tweaker working.... apparently alot of people can't on that forum. But also, Rene has stopped developing GPxSat... and this would be required in Sat. If Rene could get it working, maybe you could persuade to develop GPxSat to support it!? Not sure what the problem is... I think people cant run it or something?!

Date: May 10, 2003 09:20PM
Posted by: DAW182
""Bad driving and causing crash/accident can only be applied to player car. AI cars are too stupid for applying drive-thru penalty. Maybe collision detection routine in gp4 can be used for drive-thru penalty rules.""

this would be great if u could do this coz to me i hardly jump start or cut corners, and it would make u have to be the little bit more careful :)

what about a speeding in pit lane? maybe disable the speed limit gp4 uses, so we have to control when we stop and maybe have something where we press a key on the keyboard to auto turn it on pit lane limiter on? only problem is theres no speed limit line is there to see?

though maybe if u worked with rene to use gpxsat we could have a meters to speed limit line on the side of the screen which could count down to 0 then we would know when to turn it on?

that possiable?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy