GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Re: GPGSL S9 R8 Brazilian GP - Interlagos
Date: June 03, 2014 01:35PM
Posted by: kedy89
Short Announcement

I won't be doing the tables anymore, I need to take a break.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: June 03, 2014 02:30PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
That was truly an epic drive, from 22th place after a mistake into the top 10. (B)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: June 03, 2014 02:37PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
This was definitely the most exciting race in this season. Great jobs done by Ruben, both MPRs, both ONEs and of course Jack with his phenomenal drive from the back of the grid. 8th place still feels not good enough for me, however. We finally need to figure out why our car can only bring a good pace with the first set of tyres.

Also sad to see Connor go. He has been very dedicated to the series but personal things come always first. Good luck in everything.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: June 03, 2014 03:48PM
Posted by: Pedersen
wow....wth happend?!?
Date: June 03, 2014 03:53PM
Posted by: Stoopid
Our lack of pace after the pitstops has been quite disturbing for the whole season. Both our drivers were well placed before the stops, then couldn't seem to able progress afterwards.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: June 03, 2014 05:19PM
Posted by: mightymariner
Well points are good, I guess.

Date: June 03, 2014 05:35PM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
Bad very bad... just 8th place. It's just like I didn't took the stint for the second test qualifying.
I didn't improve time with boost when others did in their second run.
So, I tumble from 2nd to 8th... can someone explain that to me ?

Totally not happy at all !?#*!?

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: June 03, 2014 05:49PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Hugely proud of the whole team on what is MPR's best ever result in nine seasons of racing in the GPGSL.

Charrel, Ed, thank you so much guys, it really is a huge result for the team, and it extends our lead in the teams' championship.

Credit to Southern Cross though who chased us all the way in Interlagos. It's not going to be easy to beat these busy this year.

Our focus now turns to Spa where we will be hoping to match our record from Season 4 of three-consecutive race wins, and in the process win three races in a single season for the first time since that year.

Thanks must also go to Greg for his coverage and to all those who make the series what it is.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 03, 2014 06:05PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Pitting earlier meant I'd crept ahead of a few cars, but the tyres were so worn by the end you couldn't even give them away.

The only reason I'm still 10th in the championship is because the same few drivers are scoring the big points every time.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: June 03, 2014 06:40PM
Posted by: JackHammer
Bit of a weird race when you gain 10 places but still end up slightly disappointed...
Pace after the pit stop just wasn't good enough

Date: June 03, 2014 06:51PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Fantastic to get a 1-2, and now for both of us to be both in the Top 3 in the championship, good times ahead!

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2014 06:52PM by SchueyFan.
Date: June 03, 2014 07:47PM
Posted by: brunoboi
Good job by Ruben to recover some points from that race, he's had a run of points now - let's hope it continues!

Tobi, thanks for doing the points tables thus far. It's very much appreciated :)

Date: June 03, 2014 08:20PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
Gutted to hear about Connor's retirement. I hope all is okay. Connor was one of the first graduates of the Christel young driver programme. I hope to see you here again in the future.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: June 03, 2014 10:06PM
Posted by: Pedersen
Brett Sinclair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bad very bad... just 8th place. It's just like I
> didn't took the stint for the second test
> qualifying.
> I didn't improve time with boost when others did
> in their second run.
> So, I tumble from 2nd to 8th... can someone
> explain that to me ?
>
> Totally not happy at all !?#*!?
>
> [images.intomobile.com]
> 08/12/grrr.png

hehe i went from 9th to 20th....
Date: June 03, 2014 10:35PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
Pedersen schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brett Sinclair Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bad very bad... just 8th place. It's just like
> I
> > didn't took the stint for the second test
> > qualifying.
> > I didn't improve time with boost when others
> did
> > in their second run.
> > So, I tumble from 2nd to 8th... can someone
> > explain that to me ?
> >
> > Totally not happy at all !?#*!?
> >
> >
> [images.intomobile.com]
>
> > 08/12/grrr.png
>
>
> hehe i went from 9th to 20th....

19th to 21st here. Weekend wasn't all that great, never had the speed. Car obviously had it, as our testers have shown, after the pitstop I could overtake a bit but was too far behind already. The retirement isn't even that problematic for me, given I was nowhere at all. Bit sad for the team though, they will need to work a bit to repair the damaged parts of the car. But we'll be fine I think.

In other news whenever I finished a race this season (one :D) I finished kinda well... . Let's hope this "series" continues and the car won't brake down (not that it did it too often for me) ;-)
Date: June 03, 2014 10:47PM
Posted by: Carlitox
A shame that my pace dropped in those last laps but good points and my very first lap record round up a pretty neat race. Special thanks go to the crowd from both Brazil and Uruguay, the whole team and the Audi boys, whose latest improvements to the engine helped us climb back to the top.

More realistically, huge congratulations for Greg, for yet another awesome coverage. I wasn't bothered by the excess of pics last time, but this time it's just the right amount. Keep it up! :-)

Finally, I'd like to announce a one-off helmet for Spa, as the World Cup is approaching and I feel like getting some sky blue on my lid. Psd files to Ruben as usual or has that changed? I'll be finishing it tonight. Thanks in advance!

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: June 03, 2014 10:58PM
Posted by: n00binio
Great coverage, well done (Y)
Actually I'm surprised that I was able to increase my lead in the tester's championship despite having quite a bad session. I need to up my game in Spa, though.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: June 03, 2014 11:13PM
Posted by: nhorry
Slow in the pits, and on the new set of tires too, no chance to get into the points.
Date: June 03, 2014 11:26PM
Posted by: senna9194
That's the race we needed :-) Amazing pace... and we gained some points in the GPGCL ;)

My GPGSL Career
Date: June 04, 2014 12:22AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Damnit! I missed the fastest lap for .078s! Though second best lap is great and very positive for the whole team.

Craking coverage Greg (Y)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy