GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Very much considering my future as a race driver...I seem to have a performance level of either "average" or "really @#$%&".

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Happy with the result, could have been better though ;)

JohnMaverick Scritto:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's so freakin' frustrating. Something must have
> happened to me there, cause one moment I'm
> attempting to pass Rodriguez, and then I'm
> suddenly behind Cartwright and then I come out of
> the box and once again lose even more places. All
> the effort of the first half the race for nothing.

I'm sorry, the cameras moved on while you and Carlos were fighting and we lost the end of it. I'll try to see if I can recover that part.

EDIT: I have no chance to see how it happened, sorry. My only guess is that Cartwright got closer as you and Carlos fought and overtook on the pit box straight. About the places you lost after your pit stop I can say that it happened to me too. Maybe the extra laps we did before pitting weren't that good.

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2014 09:56AM by senna9194.
A race to forget. The only game where you can retire from a puncture I think.

Go Gareth ! 3 places to go and you're in the points ! ;)

to quote myself from the other day:

"Not happy......not happy at all"
And it just turned into a crappy season. Some serious thoughts about retiring, as the fun-level is almost down to zero.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
senna9194 schrieb:
> I'm sorry, the cameras moved on while you and
> Carlos were fighting and we lost the end of it.
> I'll try to see if I can recover that part.
>
> EDIT: I have no chance to see how it happened,
> sorry. My only guess is that Cartwright got closer
> as you and Carlos fought and overtook on the pit
> box straight. About the places you lost after your
> pit stop I can say that it happened to me too.
> Maybe the extra laps we did before pitting weren't
> that good.

Thanks for the effort Matteo. But it wasn't a complaint against you. Just a general statement that no matter what we do this season, it always ends up worse than it could be.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
GPGSL Round 7 US GP - Race - Final Part

Welcome back for the third part of the race. Van Renselaar goes wide and loses the 6th place to Jalving.

Cartwright and Maverick are really close now.

And the British attacks on the pit straight.

Rodriguez follows Greidanus, hoping to take the 3rd place from him.

Cartwright won the fight with Van Renselaar and is 7th now.

Horvath and Scala close the points zone so far.

Behind them the fight is open between Edwards, Steer and McCarthy.

Maverick attacks Van Renselaar but like many others seems to lack the speed to complete the move.

Connor Steer makes another pit stop to get fresh tyres.

Matteo Scala has been passed once again. With 4 laps to go it isn't sure if the Italian will leave Road America with a point.

The standings so far.

Ed Greenhalgh has dominated today. Nothing seems able to stop him.

Rodriguez has passed Greidanus.

McCarthy tries to overtake Edwards for the 13th place.

Rodriguez is getting closer to Sebastian Nell now.

McCarthy is 13th now with a two second gap from Scala, 12th. With two laps to go it seems almost impossible for the JHR driver to reach the points zone.

And McCarthy's slowing down! Edwards and Pedersen pass him as a grey smoke rises from the JHR-

Engine failure for him! The car is in flames, McCarthy has to stop immediately!

So he does. That's a retirement.

Pedersen tries to overtake Edwards.

The flames on the JHR are domated. The car is then moved away from the track.

Connor Steer sets the fastest lap now.

Maverick is still behind Van Renselaar.

Pedersen surpassed Edwards.

Greenhalgh starts the final lap. Behind him Nell and Rodriguez fight for the 2nd place.

The German has more speed and manages to be still ahead.

And Ed Greenhalgh wins the US GP!

Sebastian Nell is 2nd, Rodriguez 3rd.

Greidanus is 4th.

Jalving arrives behind Gilson. Not good for his WDC hopes.

Cartwright is 7th.

Van Renselaar secures the 8th place. Maverick is right behind him.

Elleker closes the Top 10.

This is the end of the US GP. Congratulations to Ed Greenhalgh and MPR, a well deserved win. That's all from Road America, see you at Interlagos!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
God freaking dammit

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Not the best, but 10th will do

Really! A second pitstop from Connor ... sometimes I hate the GP4 mechanics!

Well, a race to forget ...

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
MDBSnake Scritto:
> Really! A second pitstop from Connor ... sometimes
> I hate the GP4 mechanics!
>
> Well, a race to forget ...

Yeah they could have taken the chance and do everything at the first stop..

That's a race that we'll hardly remember at VSM: we managed to score one point with an awful race pace.

My GPGSL Career
A decent result for me :-) Not the podium finish I had hoped for, but at least I didn't go backwards.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Bloody hell. Tobi retires and Ruben loses out on a podium. :(

Decent result for both SCR drivers. But with Greenhalgh's win, it would seem that MPR will remain the constructor's championship leader. Speaking of, congratulations to Greenhalgh on securing his first win as a MPR driver.

Congrats to Ed for his well-deserved win. As for my own race, everything is said. Once again good points wasted. Although I know that the boss doesn't want to hear it, I think it's time to say goodbye to the title hopes. Gilson is just too strong, Greenhalgh and Jalving both secured more points once again, too...we'd really have to start a Vettel-like second half of the season to catch up, but at the moment I don't see where this should come from.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Bad pit stop strategy cost me a win and even a podium finish! (N)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Woo! That was awesome! I was getting worried during the first half as my tyres were dying, hence why I was getting overtaken constantly, but we stuck to the strategy and it worked beautifully. One or two more laps and I could've caught Sebastian but I'm pretty sure the Demons had a more aggressive aero config. Anyway, some nice points for the team. Oh I forgot how good this champagne tasted... no cake from Monil though... ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Ecstatic to take the win after a whole year without a victory for MPR. That's far to long for a team of our calibre.

Ed, that performance is exactly why we signed you mate. Great to see you finally get your first win with the team.

Great fight back from Charrel as well, even if Gilson was just a mere breath out of reach at the flag.

Certainly sweet to be leading the constructors' championship after seven rounds. Pretty sure we are 2-3 in the drivers' battle as well.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I expect to be playing a fun game of "drop down the order like a stone" with regards to the championship.

As much as I'd like to start trying to look into making plans for next season...I haven't got a clue whether I get a team next year, or whatever.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2014 07:07PM by Incident 2k9.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy