> So be here in two weeks
> And please do not fail
> Or pitchforks will be sharpened
> And dressed with entrails

>
> yeah, everyone's here
>
> April 20th is the next check.

Good grief, it's only an activity check - we don't need to go as far as lynching people who aren't here for two weeks, right?

Good to see everyone present. Long may it continue :)

Anyone know if Dijon has produced good racing in past seasons when the track was used?

Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please send me the new Demon race & test liveries
> (the regular one and special one) and the new
> helmet of Matthew. Thanks!

You have mail.... or at least a PM.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Not sure if this should be addressed, but I've noticed a few things with Dijon:

1: Laptimes are about 1min, so for qualifying that means there will be at least 10 minutes left at the end with no ontrack action. Maybe a increase of flying laps can be used for this round only to prevent this.
2: Pitlane entry sees the cars hit the wall just as they make the right hand turn . Also, they slow up on the straight leading in, which may cause a unnecessary crash if being followed by another car.
3: Still need more testing, but I think a decrease in driver errors could be made. In the test run for the testers, I saw one of the cars go off massively at turns 2 and 3, and a few cars had lockups in the final corner. If only a few cars are affected each time, then maybe this won't needed.

Mullet345 schrieb:
> Not sure if this should be addressed, but I've
> noticed a few things with Dijon:
>
> 1: Laptimes are about 1min, so for qualifying that
> means there will be at least 10 minutes left at
> the end with no ontrack action. Maybe a increase
> of flying laps can be used for this round only to
> prevent this.
> 2: Pitlane entry sees the cars hit the wall just
> as they make the right hand turn . Also, they slow
> up on the straight leading in, which may cause a
> unnecessary crash if being followed by another
> car.
> 3: Still need more testing, but I think a decrease
> in driver errors could be made. In the test run
> for the testers, I saw one of the cars go off
> massively at turns 2 and 3, and a few cars had
> lockups in the final corner. If only a few cars
> are affected each time, then maybe this won't
> needed.

Sounds pretty much like the problems we had two or three seasons ago. But you'll have to sort it out with Stu. Maybe he has a better version.

On another note, welcome to the GPGSL, Matthew. The perf files haven't been finished yet, so you should get your debut in Dijon. Also glad to see that for once Stu and me are saved from further driver changes.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
yay! all are here!! =P

and welcome to the league Matthew :) please dont be faster than me! =P
It's the same circuit that we used two seasons ago. I will do some tests and look up the results of the last meeting at Dijon.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
well, I guess it can't be worse than what we had at the petit sarthe (awesome track nontheless)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
The issue with Petite Sarthe was some people desperately wanted to make silly jokes about frenchies. Nothing to do with the track.

Ok, I have been doing some tests of the Dijon track and there is a problem with the cars when they enter the pitlane. They all seem to take the wrong line at the pitlane chicane and end up bouncing off the kerb, but they all get away with it and continue down the pitlane. I ran the Dijon race in Season 7 and never picked up on this problem, so I'm assuming it didn't cause an issue.

Greg, apart from hitting the kerb in the same way and continuing, in your experience, are there any cars that are spinning or worse? Would this problem be unfair to anyone?

The lap times you mentioned are normal for the track, the season 7 race was producing similar times.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
So no activity penalty at all and I'm going to drive my first weekend as the official race driver, not just interim. Sure hope to meet the expectations as Demon is running into the right direction atm.

Also University just started so I will get less active here again. Won't completely stop though.
Lots of meetings going on within Team Shadow about season 10 already. I swear these things come earlier and earlier each season!!

Back on topic, here's hoping the Dijon problems don't cause any upset...

What means the word mustard?
knacki012 Wrote:
> What means the word mustard?

Demon Racing debut 2 new drivers of sorts this weekend at Dijon. Sebastian Nell takes his opportunity in the race seat, where hopefully he can cement himself the position for a long term career with the team. And making his test driving debut, Englishman Matthew Allington arrives at the team. An experience campaigner in GPGNC and GPGSL-3, Matthew brings good credentials with him as a driver, and whilst we don't expect miracles out of him just yet, they will come in time....

Regarding the Dijon track, if it is a problem, we can always go to Zandvoort... oh yeah, thats right, i won the last 2 races GPGSL held there, yes thats right. Yes, lets go to Zandvoort..... (H)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
knacki012 Schreef:
> What means the word mustard?

Senf, alter... das kennt doch jeder :p

Dijon ohhh, such a great circuit, such a great history due to the Villeneuve-Arnoux fight. Can't wait for the weekend to start guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Stoopid Wrote:
> Ok, I have been doing some tests of the Dijon
> track and there is a problem with the cars when
> they enter the pitlane. They all seem to take the
> wrong line at the pitlane chicane and end up
> bouncing off the kerb, but they all get away with
> it and continue down the pitlane. I ran the Dijon
> race in Season 7 and never picked up on this
> problem, so I'm assuming it didn't cause an
> issue.
>
> Greg, apart from hitting the kerb in the same way
> and continuing, in your experience, are there any
> cars that are spinning or worse? Would this
> problem be unfair to anyone?
>
> The lap times you mentioned are normal for the
> track, the season 7 race was producing similar
> times.

Spinning after hitting the wall? No, but I did see a car go into the wall and had to reverse to continue on. If that was to happen in a race and there was other cars behind, then it could cause a traffic jam.

EricMoinet schrieb:
> The issue with Petite Sarthe was some people
> desperately wanted to make silly jokes about
> frenchies. Nothing to do with the track.

I ran the feature race back then. Trust me, there were issues with the track. Lots of crashes and half of the field was lapped due to a car on 3 wheels getting stuck in the pitlane.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Oh yeah, you're right! I was pretty sure it was the Bugatti one that was bugged. Maybe both of them are bugged after all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy