GPGSL S9 - Team Launch Thread

Posted by GPGSL 
Re: GPGSL S9 - Team Launch Thread
Date: September 29, 2013 05:52PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
As I've announced a couple of times in the various threads, I'm able to do some basic renders (like the SCR renders, minichamps if explicitly requested) within a week or two if you send me the psd file of the car.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: September 29, 2013 05:57PM
Posted by: Carlitox
How about we go to pre-96 F1 style and MPR gets 1&2 and all the other teams pick whatever numbers they like? It'd be awesome!

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: September 29, 2013 06:26PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Matteo and John; please send me your helmets in psd-format, thanks.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 29, 2013 06:33PM
Posted by: kedy89
Turbo Lover schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kedy89 Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > With Christel dropping out, shouldn't it be
> > MAC - 22,23 - 51,52
> > JHR - 24,25 - 53,54
> > ?
>
>
> No, because before the end of last season Christel
> VXR already stated the will leave the series where
> ART left the series after the car numbers were
> handed out and everyone already painted their
> cars.
>
> Looking back at S8 we made a mistake by giving ONE
> race numbers 24 & 25, because these car numbers
> were already taken by AMR as test numbers lol.
>
> In that light I understand Stu's decision that the
> test numbers are now beginning with 31 & 32
> instead of 24 & 25 in case we get another last
> minute drop out.

Just saw the after the season part in 9e, guess you're right then ;)

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
Date: September 29, 2013 07:53PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
JHR would have 22 and 23, while MAC would have 20 and 21.

The test numbers should run from 30 onwards, so as to remove any chane if a double up with numbers if a team were to pull out and be replaced.

Simple.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: September 29, 2013 08:16PM
*Sarcasm mode on* Shall we maybe start a vote on the allocation of the numbers? *Sarcasm mode off*

I'm looking forward to see how you guys are gonna solve that number issue with everybody saying something else, with Dan even questioning the start of the test numbers at 31 with, so far, hadn't even been an issue.

Date: September 29, 2013 09:12PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Just leave them like this:

Stoopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes Tom
>
> All numbers are as follows:
>
> AMR - 3,4 - 31,32
> ONE - 5,6 - 33,34
> VSM - 7,8 - 35,36
> MPR - 1,2 - 37,38
> TSM - 9,10 - 39,40
> SCR - 11,12 - 41,42
> SMM - 14,15 - 43,44
> TNR - 16,17 - 45,46
> DMR - 18,19 - 47,48
> MAC - 20,21 - 49,50
> JHR - 22,23 - 51,52

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: September 29, 2013 09:15PM
That's exactly what I was saying Jake.

Date: September 29, 2013 09:26PM
No, Dan, you were saying to have the test numbers run from 30 onwards, instead of 31 onwards.

But I have to agree that I honestly don't understand the problem here. We have 11 teams on the grid, meaning that in a normal situation the numbers from 1-23 (with the exception of 13) are given to the 22 race cars. Why so complicated with skipping numbers only because a team dropped out? That's complete nonsense. This was only done last season because Alpha left so late that most of the others had their cars painted already. To prevent a repaint, ONE was given those extra numbers, 24 and 25. As long as a team announces to drop out before the end of a season, the normal 1-23 are filled up and that's how it is. What do we need a discussion for in this regard?

Do it as Stu originally suggested and Jake reposted two posts above me. That's the only logical conclusion. And then let's move on.

Date: September 29, 2013 09:34PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
Do the testers really need numbers. Could we not just have our names in the space where the numbers should go?

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: September 29, 2013 09:45PM
Posted by: shep34
I hope my comments were not mis-interpreted as stirring up trouble, over test car numbers! I wanted to say that I don't care what numbers we run, as long as they are the correct ones according to officialdom here in GPGSL.
If memory serves me correct, mullet345 posted a list of numbers right after the finish of the last race. I guess we should have all waited for an official list! LOL
To me, it is not a big deal on what numbers any of us run in the test cars, so hopefully we are all cool, and we just get on with it....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Date: September 29, 2013 09:46PM
Posted by: Stoopid
Aston Martin Racing S9 Team Launch

The new AMR S9 challenger can now be revealed. The team has taken the decision to swap tyre suppliers from Bridgestone to Pirelli. We hope this change will keep us ahead of the field in the new season. Magners, Motul, XTB and Citizen have all renewed their sponsorship deals and Hackett have made a welcome return replacing the Racing Steps Foundation.

As always, our drivers will have their own personal sponsors on the rear wing endplates. John Maverick will contiue with Swiss chocolatiers, Cailler. Recently promoted Andrei Sevastian will carry Lacoste on his car.

We are proud to announce the arrival of a new sponsor, Patchwork Presents. This company was founded by team owner Stuart Ingers' partner Debbie Attenborough and makes the most fantabulous patchwork blankets and can be found at www.patchworkpresents.co.uk.

For S9 Aston Martin Racing have entered into a partnership with Kult-Fernsehen Racing owned by our very own John Maverick. To gain valueable experience ahead of their pending entry into the GPGSL, KFR will be supplying personnel to run the AMR test team. The cars will also run in KFR colours, but will have complete support from AMR, with overall control resting with AMR owner Stuart Ingers. The team will be called KFR Aston Martin.

So here we go, here's the big reveal.

Aston Martin Racing.

Seems we only had one set of Pirelli tyres.

Kult-Fernsehen Racing

Here's John Maverick to reveal the KFR.

"Me and the whole KFR team are very grateful to Stu and AMR for giving us this chance. Of course we shouldn't be fooled. This car is completely an AMR with only our livery. The experience we might gain from this is so minimal that when the time comes to bring KFR on to the track, we won't have any advantage from it and will still have to start from the scratch. However, having the livery on the track already means valuable sponsor income for us. And this will help us to do the final repairs on the burned down factory and get the team ready for the big day. Additionally, it is a great chance to collect a fan base already which should also help us when the time of the final entry comes.

Let's reveal the livery first, before I get to talk a bit about sponsors and drivers."

"As you can see, the livery has changed quite a bit since the we published the first draft at the start of season 8. This comes mostly from sponsor changes. Red Bull decides to leave us because of our problems. Instead we could sign a deal with Monster Energy. Audi unfortunately left us as well when it became clear that we would work with Aston Martin for now as part of the deal with signed with AMR. Kult-Fernsehen.de, naturally, as well as Callier stayed with us as main sponsors, joined by Kamps bakery, Dell, Braun and Maete Designs as additional sponsors. Eventually, the German 'Kinderhilfswerk' has a cost-free advertisement space on the cockpit entrance frame as part of our social engagement.

Driver wise Aston Martin already announced Jack Hunsley and Christopher Hinz as test drivers who therefore will be the pilots of the car. Especially I am very much looking forward to working with those guys. As part of their sponsorship deals, those guys brought their own personal sponsors for the rear wing plates. Jack voted for Clic Sargent. We are very proud that he gives us the opportunity to advertise for such an important charity business. Christopher Hinz will meanwhile show off 'ZF' as his personal sponsor.

With this we shall come to an end. I hope that the livery will bring good luck to AMR in the test series."

Aston Martin Racing would like to thank John Maverick for the fantastic renders :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2013 09:51PM by Stoopid.
Date: September 29, 2013 09:55PM
Posted by: shep34
Both great looking cars for AMR/KF AMR....
Got a hint of a Mclaren look on those sidepods, ala the Vodafone logo.

Looking good, as usual! Congrats

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Date: September 29, 2013 09:58PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
Great looking cars. I must admit, this is the bit of the season that I think I am going to miss the most as a team boss. With that in mind though, I do need to get a helmet sorted!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: September 29, 2013 10:08PM
Posted by: Mullet345
Now that is a very nice looking livery indeed.

Date: September 29, 2013 10:58PM
Posted by: senna9194
Two nice liveries here. AMR made me like green for sure :) nice renders John

My GPGSL Career
Date: September 29, 2013 11:01PM
Posted by: mightymariner
Excellent looking AMRs.
Date: September 29, 2013 11:03PM
Posted by: brunoboi
The Aston looks awesome as always, I particularly like the new detailed on the sidepod. Good job!

Date: September 29, 2013 11:05PM
Very nice livery Stu. John I think yours will take some getting used too.

Stu, would you be adverse to MPR using the Racing Steps logo in Season 9?

Date: September 29, 2013 11:07PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Wowee! I love them!

Great work, lads :)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy