100% AI Races, fuel consumption and Magic Data

Posted by Lucas78 
100% AI Races, fuel consumption and Magic Data
Date: May 15, 2013 01:15AM
Posted by: Lucas78
So, if you are like me, and from time to time you like to sit back and enjoy full AI races/seasons, you have probably noticed that, especially with the most recent mods (both CSM and not), there is the usual problem when the AI runs out of fuel and need to do a pit stop maybe 2-3 laps before the race finish, spoiling all the fun and the suspension of disbelief.

From what I gathered thanks to the various discussions, this is mainly caused by the RPM value inside the physics file going above the default (16600).

For example, the CSM 2005 mod, with the Physics file by Acciarri (18100 RPM). If you try to run Melbourne, and leave the physics file as it is, as well as the Magic Data section on TSM, a lot of AI drivers will make a very late pitstop.
-------

So, from what I understand, with CSM mods (which I prefer), I have to take into consideration the following values:

Physics file ---> RPM value

Track specific Magic Data (via TSM) --> pitstop strategy, Fuel, AI consumption.

- Now, let's say I want to keep the RPM value as it is (18100); then, I need to play with the Magic data numbers.

* The AI fuel consumption is around 17500, but I could lower it to the Player value of 16275;
* Plus, the Fuel value of Melbourne is 8152...Should I increase it?

* Finally, the pitstop strategy: the Magic Data for Melbourne 2005 is 100% 2 pitstops. Stop 1 -->Lap 21 (window 11); Stop 2 ---> Lap 40 (window 11)

I tried to change the pitstop values to Lap 19 (window 8) and Lap 38 (window 7), which seems a bit more realistic to me (and *apparently* it worked, without changing anything else). Otherwise, if I keep the default values listed above, how should I further modify the Fuel and/or the AI consumption values?

Err, hopefully you're still with me and I avoided bothering you too much ;-) Thanks!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2013 01:19AM by Lucas78.
Lucas78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> * The AI fuel consumption is around 17500, but I
> could lower it to the Player value of 16275;
> * Plus, the Fuel value of Melbourne is
> 8152...Should I increase it?

Trying to explain these two values: fuel consumption means how fast a car burns fuel, and fuel value means how much fuel is put in the tank for each lap (someone found out a conversion of this value to liters, I don't remember where it is).

So you can really edit whichever one you prefer. If you have real data, you can use the GPxLap log to check the relationship between fuel and car weight.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
not liters but kilos per lap

see => [www.grandprixgames.org]

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
I did the calculations and taking into account a physics of 642KG (current rule) is now possible in racing the car player display the correct amount of fuel as the current rules

example:

GP4 1.02 Hotlap for track 5:
Level: Ace / Frame rate: 30.0 FPS
Race type: Practise Session: Unlimited practise
Weather type: Custom Probability of rain: 0%
Car #2, driven by PHANTAMAN (RBR - RENAULT)
Power: 817 BHP, weight 773 kg, fuel laps: 57.0

is not good? ;-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Re: 100% AI Races, fuel consumption and Magic Data
Date: May 16, 2013 12:40AM
Posted by: Lucas78
Thank you folks :)

After some more rummaging, I found this other topic here on grandprixgames:

Linky

And here's a (bit) more extensive version (maybe written by Cyberacer himself) :

[www.scribd.com]

Now, granted, I haven't the slightest idea about what originates that multiplier (beside the fact that it's strictly about 2009, with the scribd version also listing the 2010 one, with a different value) :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy