F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Season Finale! - Results PG38

Posted by F1_Manager 
Toro Rosso
Disappointed doesn't come close to describing how the whole team feels at losing the chance to fight for a won and a podium. I think we had the pave to achieve a double points finish with at least one driver in the top 3. Next test might require a greater focus on reliability.
Great race and fantastic coverage.

DOTD

The Driver of Day Award this time around goes to Felipe Massa who without his various mechanical issues would have won this race with ease.

Negotiation News

Toro Rosso and Red Bull To Extend Engine Deals

As the final teams on the grid left to announce their allegiance for 2007 very few were surprised when both Red Bull and sister team Toro Rosso announced that they would be sticking with Honda and Ferrari engines respectively next season. The new deals signed sees the Red Bull-Honda partnership enter its third season whilst the Toro Rosso-Ferrari partnership will be entering it's second.

Summary:

Signed Drivers

Budgets

Engines

Drivers can be negotiated with until end of Round 9

Drivers can be negotiated with until rend of Round 10

McLaren

Great drive by Robert, but one lap longer and Massa most likely would have passed him. Also fantastic comeback-drive by Kimi, after Schumacher pushed him in a spin early in the race.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Super Aguri

Glad with the result of Glock, Heikki had bad luck yet again.
Midland

The team principle of Midland had made no comment on the team's weekend.
Honda
Glad that Bas scored points, although a better strategy could have gotten us a podium. Not counting strategies, the only part I didn't like was the collision of Anthony and Bas, are we gonna get laughed again?
Renault F1 Team
If other drivers could stop ramming in to us that would be great. ;-)
BMW Sauber

We are far of the pace. The team is in a chaos at the moment, due manager dissapearing and second coming in without time to properly orientate to the situation. We are focusing on getting back on our feet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2013 09:24AM by Vomit.
Toyota

What a great drive from Cristiano to take his first podium of the year,good to see a return to form from the Brazilian!
Ralf's race was full of calamity,unfortunate because the pace of the car was pretty decent..
Good weekend for us at Toyota
Activity Check for Round 8 - British GP

The activity window for the British GP – July 6th – July 12th - has now closed.

I can confirm that one manager failed to post within this time frame:

Macca25 - Red Bull - Last Post - June 3rd 2013 – 1st Warning

As this is Macca25's 1st warning Red Bull will be deducted 10 Constructors Championship points.

Also, seeing as I forgot when I did the negotiation news…

Sutil Makes the Switch to Midland

It appears that F1 veteran Heinz-Harald Frentzen may well be out of a job for next season after Midland confirmed that they had signed Honda’s German tester, Adrian Sutil, on a two year deal with the rumour being that he will be partnered alongside Andre Lotterer as Midland’s number two driver next season. The deal itself is said to be around the £8m mark and will mean that Sutil will be a Midland driver until at least the end of 2008.
So the fact that I confirmed my appearance at the test session and signed an engine deal with Honda doesn't confirm that I'm active. Yea that seems fair!!!

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Macca25 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So the fact that I confirmed my appearance at the
> test session and signed an engine deal with Honda
> doesn't confirm that I'm active. Yea that seems
> fair!!!

Just as in the GPGSL and the GPGNC sending PMs do not count as activity.

As the rules state:

'All Managers will be required to post at least once between the day that the free practice results are published and two days after the race is published.'

Therefore, as you did not post in the thread, you are counted as not being active.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

McLarens top the timesheets

Once again both McLaren drivers were the fastest men in the free practice session, with Ryan Briscoe ahead of Kimi Raikkonen. However the gap to the other teams has decreased. Heidfeld only was 5 hundredths behind, followed by the two Ferraris. The Honda drivers in 7th and 8th managed to set exactly the same time. The Super Aguris seem not as strong as they were in the last races. Big disappointment for BMW, Renault and Midland, all of them found themselves at the back end of the field.

McLaren

A very good session for us, and again a superb job by Ryan. His performance so far in this season really is impressing.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Toro Rosso
I love this circuit, and it looks like I might love it even more by the end of the weekend if practice is anything to go by. Need to keep fingers crossed for reliability after the double retirement last time.
Honda
Pretty good.
Ferrari

Giancarlo seems to be getting the message! We are looking forward for qualify :)

*Kudos to Honda for earning a perfect setup reward!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Renault F1 Team
If anyone knows where our pace is gone, please let us know. There will be a reward!
BMW Sauber

17 and 18 is not where we want to be in quali. I know we can do better.
Super Aguri

Paffett is showing the same pace as Glock again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy