Garage/Pitlane Project [WIP]

Posted by ramf1v 
Garage/Pitlane Project [WIP]
Date: September 20, 2012 08:32PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Guys I found some time to dig out my 2011 garage project and can't find decent reference photo's for some areas, so I need to ask if anyone can help me finalize the Ferrari 2011 garage for now.
I'm looking for good versions of the 2 big posters behind the drivers on the back wall, and some good images of the V-Power units at either side of the garage.

Better still if anyone has pictures of empty garages that would be great, all the photo's I have are cluttered with people and equipment....it's annoying :-)

tia

F1Dev

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2013 08:38PM by ramf1v.
Re: Garage Reference Pics
Date: September 21, 2012 11:57AM
Posted by: soulbringer
Recent one with view at ceiling could be useful.
[www.f1fanatic.co.uk]
And two small ones with sort-off view at V-power unit.

Cheers.
Date: September 21, 2012 12:33PM
Thanks dude , but I already have those :-)
I always feel kinda cheecky asking, because the pictures are out there, it's just a case of searching for them.....I guess I just got to get used to trawling the net for photo's.
I hit Nexgen auto last night for three hours and hit on some ok photo's. I just wish someone who goes to the events would take pictures from a developers angle....that is....NO Angles...No stupid fish eye lens. No filters.....oh and could you all get out of the bloody way while I take this photo!" :-)

There's only so much you can do with a photo in Photoshop, I think I have enough pics of the driver posters on the back wall to frankenstein a version.

You pic of the ceiling is cool, but that's the 2012 design. thanks for looking anyway.

Progress.....

F1Dev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2012 12:38PM by ramf1v.
Date: September 21, 2012 06:21PM
Posted by: Ripping Corpse
............ fantastic.............. (B)

.....ALL MY WORKS --> CLICK BELOW .....

.....WORKING on the works that give me passion.........
Date: September 21, 2012 09:59PM
Posted by: biz_301
It's difficult to find good pictures of garages but your work is very great. (Y)(Y)(Y)
Date: September 22, 2012 11:53AM
biz_301 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's difficult to find good pictures of garages
> but your work is very great. (Y)(Y)(Y)

Thanks guys , yes it is a pain in the ass to find good reference pics.
I just attempted to make a texture for the toolbox units, but gave up.
After scrolling through hundereds of photo's and trying to botch / frankenstien a decent image in photoshop for half an hour, the result was pretty crap , jpeg compression etc so I killed it. :-)

It's simple, a 3d designer needs good reference material to make this stuff, it wears me out trawling the net for 3rd party photo's.
Usually when I work on visulization projects, the very first thing I do is take the digital camera to the site and photograph the subject from the EXACT angle I need for references and textures.
This is THE main reason I hate working on GP4 at times, It's completely counter productive and usually means i cannot finish projects, I stop enjoying it, it becomes a tiresome project instead.

Like today, I woke up in a good mood and started working on the garage, 30 mins later i was frustrated once more, 60 mins later I was pissed off and gave up, all this would be avoided with good reference.

I shut down 3dsMax and Photoshop , fired up Cubase plugged in the geetar and now I'm in riffing heaven :-)

I really need a photographer who regularly visits F1 events and is brave enough to get the shots I need ;-)

F1Dev
Date: September 22, 2012 01:20PM
Posted by: Alessio88
what about getting the pictures from f1 2012 by codemasters mate,they have 2012 garages i do belive,by the way stunning job looking really good ;)

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
Date: September 22, 2012 01:36PM
Thanks Alessio good suggestion, yup I'm downloading F1 2012 already, I was wanting to take a look at the telemetry stands, as I was also making realistic ones for GP4, and wanted to check out the accuracy of them.
The Devs at codemasters obviously have special pit access with their cameras ;-)

I was wondering about the garages, and if they are 2012 and accurate they may be of use, I remember the 2011 ones were too generic for any use in GP4.

They would need remodelling anyway, if past experience is anything to go by, far too many polys and lacking accurate detail.

...meanwhile I've started making a hi poly tool unit, It's the ultimate answer to any reference issue, basically the reference photo's are good enough for that, and then texture, light, and render it from any angle I want.

Time consuming, but the only real answer.

I should have 2012 an my drive in an hour (torrent pending ;-)) I'll check it out then...hopefully 3DSimed is still able to handle the files.

F1Dev

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2012 01:36PM by ramf1v.
Date: September 22, 2012 02:23PM
glad to help mate,yes i remember 2011 garages were too generics,let's hope 2012 are more accurates,let us know how the 2012 garages are mate? thanks again for your work

Greetings
Alessio

Date: September 22, 2012 03:16PM
Still waiting on the torrent, unpredictable things as they are.... ;-)

Meanwhile I started a high res version.......

Hopefully I'll have the patience to finish it :-)

Back in Cubase for now.....

F1Dev
Date: September 22, 2012 05:21PM
I think that's close enough...Ferrari style tool unit done. :-)

I'll stop whining and just apply a bit of patience in future :-)

Torrent is 98.1%.......whoot!...see if Conmasters can beat that (H)

F1Dev
Date: September 22, 2012 05:38PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Sheer master craft. (Y)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 22, 2012 05:56PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
ramf1v schrieb:
>...see if Conmasters can beat that (H)

You even have hope? I agree that graphically Codemasters always did a good job. But this is, like Ruben said, a masterpiece. Way better than anything you'll find in F1 2012

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: September 22, 2012 06:48PM
Thanks guys I'm humbled...I guess with this engine you have to go the extra mile to get good results.

On the subject of F1 2012.....it seems to be same old stuff,

I just opened mebourne 2012 and it's the melbourne 2011 track with a new blue start box.....that's it from what I can see so far. The new perspex fencing isn't there, and the pitlane is still the old green and yellow colours.

From what I can tell, and I "think" I'm looking in the right place , the garages are still generic shapes with team textures, so nothing there either.

The telemetry stands are ok...ish, but totally lack detail, if you had 6 pints and squinted your eyes they might look good :-), no doubt they will be converted by someone in the near future.

Your right John, not much use at all, that's what you get with an engine that is limited to a few texture tweaks and xml coding for modding....annual generic crap :-) long live GP4 (Y)

F1Dev
Date: September 22, 2012 07:10PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I took some very detailed photos of some 2012 pitstands at Hungary, are they of use to you? I've been meaning to ask you, just have been unbelievably busy in the past few months since I'm living overseas.

Unfortunately only the first few teams had their stands open, the rest covered them up as it started to rain.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 22, 2012 08:14PM
SchueyFan Wrote:
> I took some very detailed photos of some 2012
> pitstands at Hungary, are they of use to you? I've
> been meaning to ask you, just have been
> unbelievably busy in the past few months since I'm
> living overseas.
>
> Unfortunately only the first few teams had their
> stands open, the rest covered them up as it
> started to rain.

Ab-ser-bloody-lootly (Y) they will be a massive help....I'll send you my email. Many thanks. I plan to start the 2012 version later.

Tool unit looks cool in situ......I'll finish it when Cubase stops distracting me :-)

F1Dev
Date: September 23, 2012 09:15PM
A couple of the Mclaren layout, I edited the tiltle of this thread, I may as well use it for the Garage/Pitlane project.

F1Dev
Re: Garage/Pitlane Project [WIP]
Date: September 23, 2012 10:52PM
mate,i can imagin to have this garages in my gp4,this is must be a dream :):) keep it up looks so good

Greetings
Alessio

Date: September 24, 2012 03:28AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Very nice. GP4 support different gareges layouts?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: September 24, 2012 08:40AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Woah they are looking fantastic!:)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy