> laptimes at Barcelona.
>
> I have installed a fresh version of the 1997
> version of the track to play around with. However,
> I need a little help on the modifications I need
> to make to the magic data. I want an increase of
> about a second a lap for the AI to make them more
> competitive. Can you give me any advice on the
> factors that need changing and by how much?
>
> Thanks

Better to edit the AI grip and power levels for the various difficulty levels, Pro, Ace etc, as boosting only the track grip will make you faster too. They are usually around 450-500, if you play on Ace, raise the grip value by say 10, it should find you that second..

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Re: Magic Data Discussion
Date: September 10, 2019 09:20AM
Posted by: Soutsen
Ah, missed that he wants them to be more competitive, not just faster. Changing grip/power values for the difficulty levels makes sense.

ccc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2019 09:21AM by Soutsen.
Date: September 10, 2019 12:08PM
Posted by: schu4ever
Hello

Thanks for coming to the party guys!

I think salvasirignano is right - boosting track grip will make me faster too and the problem will remain. I think I will adjust the power and grip levels for the AI at each difficulty level and see how that goes.

One thing I would like to know though is what are the purposes of the AI Grip and AI Race Performance values? It would be good to know what these do.

Has anyone got any ideas??
Date: September 11, 2019 12:07PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Dunno if useful, but from looking at these I'm guessing that the faster circuits need to have less difference in fuel consumption between the player and AI.

At least at Monza, Spa, Hockenheim and Sepang player's fuel consumption is only 180-966 higher. Dunno why the difference at Magny-Cours and Silverstone is higher than at Hungaroring though.

Maybe this difference is connected to how the game is operating with the car acceleration. I guess it is discretive - like "1" (button "A" or whatever else you use for acceleration pressed) and "0" (button "A" not pressed) for the player, while cpu have their cars accelerated more realistic. Or maybe I'm saying rubbish.

ccc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2019 12:17PM by Soutsen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, Vader, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy