GrandPrixGames Nations Cup Season 3 [Round 17 - World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi: Race pg 81-82!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
8th isn't that bad, but we were hoping for a little better for the race. Well, at least we manage some points...

-----------------------------------------------------

Monaco GP

Unhappy with our second stop. To make an early second pit, especially at the same time that our direct opponents was truly a mistake, and that's my own fault. But our pit crew was also too slow, which cost us at least one place in the standings and maybe two.
4th was definitely not what we expected for our home race, but it's still a good bunch of points.

@Connor : nice coverage, really interesting comments (not a boring race at all ;-) )

@Soutsen : AFAIK that's not possible to custom races like you said in GP4. It's the same strategy for all teams and the computer decide how to tweak it itself.

Team Argentina

Luckily the boost served to the race because we finished 11th after having started 16th. So we have to improve a bit in the qualifyings because lately it seems that we are failing in that...
Now the team will work hard on the car to see what can be improved in the Italian GP.

@Connor: Great coverage (Y)

Team Italy

"A bad result was expected after deciding to not play a boost afterall."

My GPGSL Career
EricMoinet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Soutsen : AFAIK that's not possible to custom
> races like you said in GP4. It's the same strategy
> for all teams and the computer decide how to tweak
> it itself.

Huh, yeah I've wrote absolute nonsense. Because of the lack of practice of playing the game I am just totally forgot that we can't configure the computer opponents before the race in the GP4 at the moment. And I'm not going to lie: sadly sometimes even I do not understand, what kind of gibberish did I wrote. So excuse me for trying to be Einstein in the wrong matter - I believe, if there only such a possibility was existed, it would have already been used in both GPGSL and GPGNC series. Silly me Dog

Better use some boost for next race ...

Points position with no boost - I can live with that :)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Team Ireland

Outstanding result for our young Irish charger. This was a team effort though as the pit work was outstanding in gaining places on both pitstops. :)

The only way to avoid the one stoppers is to check that all car fuel loads are around 3rd distance whilst the cars are on the grid. If not then the game will need to be re-loaded. If there is still a one stopper then the game needs restarting but enter Sunday warm-up, then the race. Failing that, edit the perf qualy values to get the correct grid and keep starting the race until all cars are on the correct fuel strategy. Once in a while in the GPGSL one stoppers were unavoidable even after all these steps were taken. For that reason we moved to one stop races, but me thinks we may revert back :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
14th place... well, this is a long and hardest winter than me...

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Team France are content with their finish in Monaco. However, we have all scurried back over the border to Nice...... spent too long in Monaco!!!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Round 6 Monaco/Monte Carlo - Netherlands

After failing to pit twice, team Netherlands were awarded a penalty of 15 seconds after the race. A complaint was lodged about the severity of this penalty, and thus the stewards have decided to reduce to penalty to 10 seconds. This action was not taken lightly and was only arrived at after extensive scrutineering and testing behind the scenes of the scenario. Netherlands have accepted this penalty and therefore finish in 9th place as opposed to 12th. The apologies of the GPGNC go to USA, Great Britain and Argentina who all drop a place following this change. We are sorry for the under-thought decision that came after the race, and will now ensure steps are taken to prevent this sort of incident from occuring again. The full official results are displayed below:

GPGNC Round 6 - Monaco/Monte Carlo - Official Championship Standings

Round 6 Activity Check

Two players were inactive for the period over which Round 6 was held:

Austria (Wurz) - 3rd warning
Great Britain (Ferrari2007) - 1st warning

1st warning - 50 race/quali penalty
2nd warning - 100 race/quali penalty
3rd warning - 250 race/quali penalty + possible kick out

All penalties shall be applied in round 7.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 05:38PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
GPG Nations Cup Round 7 - Italian Grand Prix - Vallelunga

The performance deadline for Round 6 at Vallelunga in Italy is the end of Friday 12th April. Everyone is to send their performance request to the GPG-Nations-Cup account, or here if you want an extra shortcut. Please set the subject title of your message as "Round 7 - Italy - (Your Country Name)". In your message please state explicitly how much you allocate for Qualifying and how much you allocate for the Race (e.g. Qualifying: 500, Race: 500). If you submit one number, qualifying and race performance will be exactly half of that value.

Grand Prix/Country/Track/Rain Percentage/Winner:
1. Australian Grand Prix - Australia – Oran Park – 0% San Marino
2. Japanese Grand Prix - Japan – Suzuka – 25% Japan
3. Spanish Grand Prix - Spain – Ricardo Tormo – 0% Netherlands
4. German Grand Prix - Germany – Norisring – 25% Germany
5. Canadian Grand Prix - Canada – Montreal – 75% Germany
6. Monaco Grand Prix - Monaco – Monte Carlo – 25% Germany
7. Italian Grand Prix - Italy – Vallelunga – 0%
8. United States Grand Prix - USA – Laguna Seca – 0%
9. Austrian Grand Prix - Austria – A1-Ring – 25%
10. Portugese Grand Prix - Portugal – Estoril – 0%
11. French Grand Prix - France – Magny-Cours – 0%
12. Fiji Grand Prix - Fiji – Melbourne – 0%
13. Brazilian Grand Prix - Brazil – Interlagos – 50%
14. Dutch Grand Prix - Netherlands – Zandvoort – 25%
15. British Grand Prix – Great Britain - Silverstone -75%
16. San Marino Grand Prix - San Marino – Imola – 15%
17. World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina – 0%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 05:43PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Three in a row ;) Our pace is really strong so far, but the season's still long. We've got to keep on working hard to stay on this level.

Once again a great job on the coverage, Connor (Y)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Austria could be booted out? If that's happens then who'll take the spot?

Mullet345 Wrote:
> Austria could be booted out? If that's happens
> then who'll take the spot?
As says the waiting list - it is gonna be a Team Canada, i believe.

> Mullet345 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Austria could be booted out? If that's happens
> > then who'll take the spot?
> As says the waiting list - it is gonna be a Team
> Canada, i believe.

I was thinking that. If Team Canada joins (or rejoin, due to having been in before being removed), will Canada be able to keep the points gained before leaving, or be forced to start from 0 points due to having a new owner?

And if Canada doesn't enter, are all the files for Team China currently where they need to be (car livery and driver helmet) so China can be race ready?

Mullet345 Wrote:
> Soutsen Wrote:
> -----
> > Mullet345 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Austria could be booted out? If that's
> happens
> > > then who'll take the spot?
> > As says the waiting list - it is gonna be a
> Team
> > Canada, i believe.
>
> I was thinking that. If Team Canada joins (or
> rejoin, due to having been in before being
> removed), will Canada be able to keep the points
> gained before leaving, or be forced to start from
> 0 points due to having a new owner?
>
> And if Canada doesn't enter, are all the files for
> Team China currently where they need to be (car
> livery and driver helmet) so China can be race
> ready?

If team Canada does join they will start from 0 points and be treated as a completely new team, as the person in control of the team will be completely different (icky started S3 with Canada, CaptinFranko would be joining as the same country).

As for the files should Canada decline, i don't know the state of them. Currently the GPGNC hasn't received anything in regards to China at all, so you would still need to create them and send them to me. You will be PM'd on that depending on whether Chris chooses to enter. Just in case there is any misunderstanding, we don't hold files for spare countries, you must create everything yourself (you can of course ask others for help!)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
I see. Last I checked, Incident 2k9 had helped me with painting a car and helmet, so I may need to ask him for the tex files for both car and helmet. I'll wait for the news regarding team Austria, and team Canada's decision on joining before I go ahead and ask gor the files.

I sent you the .tga files. I don't have the means to convert them to tex format.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy