GrandPrixGames Nations Cup Season 3 [Round 17 - World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi: Race pg 81-82!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
I'm very happy that I managed to get pole position here. With a good start and dry conditions in the race I should be able to fight for the win.

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
13th - not bad for no boost! :)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
5th place is fantastic for Ireland's young driver. Just disappointing that we couldn't improve on our time with initial pole time before we slowly slipped back to fifth.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
:-( Silly British ! ;-( (N)
However, second row is a good place to be for such a race.

Btw, Grimaldi was supposed to have a special livery helmet for the race. Did he take the wrong bag to the track with him ?

And Connor, don't worry. I was just kidding and trying to keep the thread active :-)
I understand it's a hard job to keep a league running. Maybe I could try to run a race in the near future. Just need to see if everything is running ok for it on my rig.

16th place... poor Team Brazil! (snif snif buááááááá) :(

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Decent qualifying for Portugal. Looks promising for the race.

-----------------------------------------------------

Oh, well, at least I saved some boost points for next races ...

Argh, another pole for Team Germany. We were so close! Hopefully Kamikaze can hold off Team Germany from a 3rd victory in a row on race day.

Great coverage btw.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
With boost... 15th... Bad for me :(

Didn't really expect much else, to be honest...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Quite happy with the 4th starting spot for France. We submitted the boost application so long ago, we forget what we applied, but from memory, this sort of spot on the grid was what we had in mind. Now to perform even better come race day, whenever that may be..... he he he

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Team Netherlands

Quite good qualifying, we fell back quite some in the end though. Hopefully we can grab 1 or 2 at the start and another during the stops. More then that it's going to be difficult in the narrow streets of Monaco!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Team Fiji and driver Caucaunibuca couldn't get the most of the F1J1 and conditions today, there was definitely something left in the tank that hopefully we'll spring in the race. Bula!
GPGNC Round 6 - Monte Carlo, Monaco - Race!

Official race picture results

The statement made at the end of the video is incorrect. The penalty has since been reduced to 10 seconds to reflect a fairer result. The picture results have been updated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 05:46PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
A little bit a boring race, as expected. But great work as always, Connor (Y)
And why the owners of the teams cannot choose a pit strategy manually? As far as I understand, at the moment a pit-stop strategy depends on the CPU choice. Or am I mistaken? Maybe there could be the new rules change to let people influence the result of more personally (I)

Shame that we could not hold 1st position due traffic after the pitstop and Team Germany had a free run with maximum boost.

Nevertheless, fantastic result.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
There was some kind of a heresy...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2013 12:07AM by Soutsen.
Team Netherlands

Formal objection to decision by race stewards. Even though on paper 15 seconds is more then reasonable, the actual amount of time lost by having a heavier fuel load and more worn out tires is more than 0.1 second a lap. The decision is unfair to our race, the choice of making 1 stop was not decided by our self but by the race. This way championship points are taken away from us, without this 'strategy' we would have finished in the top 10 with 100% certainty (except for car failures/driver errors).

I would like this reviewed. As I'm not happy with this outcome. Off course a second place is unfair since we wouldn't have gotten that anyway, not even with superb pitstops, but 12th is ridiculous.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
MDBSnake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Team Netherlands
>
> ...the actual amount of time lost by
> having a heavier fuel load and more worn out tires
> is more than 0.1 second a lap.

Way more than 0.1 second i'd said it seemed to be near 1 second in a lap.

Bad race, very bad, boost's thrown away, let's hope we can do better next time, but the party after the race was pretty good (B)

Someone has to stop Kederer's winning streak ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy