GrandPrixGames Nations Cup Season 3 [Round 17 - World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi: Race pg 81-82!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Everything okay here guys?

Perhaps the thought of a boring Monaco GP is causing people not to post?

Qualifying has been run today as a matter of fact, i'm just yet to sort the images and post them! Hopefully tomorrow it shall be up :)

As for Gwox, you will be added to the waiting list. For the mod you will need to send complete GP4 files, but if you are unsure of how to do it feel free to ask around for someone to help you out, in fact i think a new zealand livery was made before the season started :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Re Team New Zealand : not sure if i officially declared i would switch to NZ for next season or not. I know it was talked about earlier this season in this thread. Not totally fussed if i am officially NZ or not. If Gwox is a Kiwi, let him have NZ. I painted up a livery for Team NZ prior to the start of Season 2 that i considered entering as....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
I do remember you stating your intent to switch to New Zealand at the start of next season glen. Unfortunately teams with potential entrance this season take priority over people's choices next season, otherwise people could start reserving nations just in case they want to switch, locking their use for other people. There's nothing stopping you coming up with a gentlemans agreement that person X will leave nation Y at the end of the season, but I'm afraid reserving nations is a no go in my eyes.

Thats fine with me, no problem here....
Wish there were a few NZ tracks available for GP4. Been watching a few of the SuperTourers events from there, and some of the tracks are really, really great!!! The fact that there is no NZ track, stopped me wanting to "be" NZ....

shep34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats fine with me, no problem here....
> Wish there were a few NZ tracks available for GP4.
> Been watching a few of the SuperTourers events
> from there, and some of the tracks are really,
> really great!!! The fact that there is no NZ
> track, stopped me wanting to "be" NZ....

Thanks, I appreciate the understanding :).
I agree I wish there were more tracks from countries such as NZ, there are some fantastic tracks out there that haven't been made for GP4 that would provide many more countries for the GPGNC... The alternative of using nearby tracks just isn't the same.

Who's running the race?

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Monaco GP claim their home race !

Sorry it seems my router has conpletely died and I've not had the Internet for half a week... However I go home today so expect the qualifying the appear very soon and the race not after! Apologies for the massive delay, the decision not to stream the event means progress has been a lot slower than normal. Hopefully after this round streaming will be back and the process will be quicker again! Once again huge apologies from me

No worries!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
oensan schrieb:
> No worries!

+1, take your time mate :)

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
Can't wait for the weekend to start :-) Italy is going to lead all the way..... ;)

My GPGSL Career
Take your time Connor, it's OK (as long as we are ahead of Italy ;) )

(Yawn...)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
smoglessbutton4 Wrote:
> (Yawn...)

Art takes time ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Partying out in Monaco harbour, waiting for race day....

If we were using the same activity rules than in an other league I think we'd have banned the Race Director long time ago. ;) ;) ;)

Round 6 - Monte Carlo, Monaco - Qualifying!

Hello and welcome all to the sunny province of Monaco! We have ventured to the coastal capital on Monte Carlo with the GPGNC for round 6 of season 3 and are once again ready to head out onto the legendary streets for qualifying! Two sets of problems facing the drivers today, not only being rusty due to the huge power outage in Monaco for a huge period time but the skies are currently chucking down an unhelpful amount of water, so lets head to the track and see how it all pans out!

The Brazilian car of Rodrigo Vilela is the first car on track in this damp session, with Taytoh for Ireland not far behind. Not wet enough to leave the slicks it seems.

Perhaps the least surprising event of the day, as Vilela manages to put his car on pole. With a time of 1:14.8 there is plenty of room for improvement however.

Which Taytoh instantly does, setting himself a one minute 14 dead to take pole by a huge 8 tenths of a second! Much more like it.

Alvarez doesnt have the same pace as either of the two green machines in front of him and can only slot into 3rd place.

Argentina grab themselves 2nd place with Domenech. Still 7 tenths back though so that lap of Taytoh is looking pretty impressive so far!

McGregor not enjoying the same pace as his fellow green car and sits a second back in 5th place.

These conditions seem to be proving quite tricky for the drivers, either that or Ireland had the snorkel out! 4th for USA.

A beautiful side shot of the slick Finland car unfortunately not met by such a beautiful time. Still 4th for Edvardsen.

Title holders Sweden and Aspenstrom manage to narrow down the gap to the front ever so slight. Only half a second in it now, and 2nd for Sweden.

Italy and Japan admiring the streets of Monaco in very close company of eachother. Tafuro takes 5th which quickly changes to 6th and Kamikaze grabs 4th behind him.

Nikolov manages to move the marker an incredibly small amount closer to Taytoh. Still that's 2nd place for team Bulgaria.

No such luck for Cauncaunibuca however and he puts his Fijian car in 6th place. Lots of fighting for those places between 2nd and 10th, could be a very close grid.

Girard proving this fact as he puts himself into 5th place just ahead of Fiji.

Pretty difficult to see but i can assure you that is the Austrian car of Brunner which currently sits a little back from the main pace out there, 11th.

Proof for anyone doubting that was in fact Austria, and proof that De Boer has good pace! Closest we've seen to the pole man so far, quarter of a second down for Netherlands!

Silvestre however not enjoying the same sort of success or in fact these conditions at the moment. 14th and a second down for San Marino.

Montenegro demonstrating they be one of the competitors in this session, Vukcevic driving that red machine up to 3rd place on his first attempt.

Not looking as competitive as Kederer is at the moment! The German shoves his car ahead of rival De Boer and into 2nd place, Ireland may be more worried about where they sit now...

Times do in fact look to be tumbling so maybe its drying up out there. Silva looking pretty good with his 4th place in the Portugese car.

Mexico having a very decent debut in Canada and looking to continue strongly here. 5th place for Cremasco.

Monaco looking for a strong home race this weekend and Grimaldi doesn't disappoint on his first attempt. Thats a very strong 2nd place for the home team.

Paddock not experience the same effect as pretty much everyone in front of him, and the last runner for the first attempts can only get himself 19th.

So the standings after 5 minutes and all the first runs. Ireland still top after a good first lap. 2. Monaco 3. Germany 4. Netherlands 5. Portugal.

Second runs underway now and Vilela looking to make up for having to be the first driver out. He moves himself up to 10th place.

Which is taken away almost instantly by Girard right behind him. France now sitting half a second back in 10th place.

Doesn't seem to be Spain's day this, perhaps Alvarez isn't used to the lack of sun... Either way he improves up to 14th from 21st.

Allington will be hoping that 13th proves not to be unlucky as he sticks his car exactly there. Still, an improvement is always good.

Everyone trimming chunks off of their times and Cauncaunibuca is no exception, moving himself into 15th with that attempt.

Another one of those fantastically angled shots from the cameraman, this time of Italy. Tafuro improves by 0.2s up to 13th.

Ok just because i said it was a good shot doesn't mean they all have to be like it... Edvardsen improves up to 14th place for Finland.

Seems that may have spurred the RD to give us a completely new shot, a great angle as De Boer secures his 4th place and gets closer to Germany in front.

San Marino moves up by possible one of the smallest amounts. Silvestre securing himself in 21st place, the team may just be riding this weekend out...

We have a new pole man! Finally Taytoh finds himself beaten and its Kederer of Germany who has done the beating! only 0.075 in it but its green none the less, 1st!

Maybe Kamikaze got caught up in the wind of that because he's taken over half a second off his time and moves into 3rd right behind Taytoh! Great lap from Japan.

Great Britain manages to take a huge amount off too, unfortunately Paddock was so far back after attempt one it only moves him up to 11th.

Vukcevic finds himself more time and manages to get his Montenegro car into 6th place for now.

The fans packed into the grand stands go absolutely wild and its because Grimaldi has put himself into 1st place! We have a great qualifying session on our hands now!

Girard still working hard to find time on every lap possible, and he improves himself once again. This time its up to 11th.

Alvarez too is continually improving as the track dries out and the skies clear up. Whilst its not much, Spain move up to 16th place.

Well they did before McGregor decided he had had enough of being in last and instantly takes 16th away for Australia.

Kederer responds now to Grimaldi taking his pole and he's taken it right back! It's very small margins out there, but Germany sit back in pole!

Ex-pole man Taytoh not resting on his laurels after having his spot taken. It's not 1st but its pretty close to it, 3rd for Ireland.

Argentina improving now, but on a completely different level to what has gone before. 0.858s down for Domenech in 18th.

A lot of cars finding small improvements here and there as they learn where the grip is. USA desperate for 13th it seems as Allington reclaims it.

Paddock now beginning to move himself into the half of the grid he'll want to be in. The GB driver should be extremely used to this sort of weather...

Vukcevic joining the continual improvement club. The Montenegrin driver sitting general 0.3 behind but moves up to 5th.

Austria coming across the line now and Brunner manages to find himself time around the track. 15th for him.

Timings at the half way point with the track drying and most having done 3 laps. 1. Germany 2. Monaco 3. Ireland 4. Japan 5. Montenegro. All to play for.

With the next set of runs under way we can get a few glimpses of sectors. At 1 and it seems Grimaldi has already had his lap ruined by a much slower Paddock. Certainly not what Monaco wanted and thats going to ruin some of his chances for pole!

Girard however not suffering from the same problems and he is 1 thousandth up in the first sector! Can he keep it green for the entire lap... It does not seem so! 0.03 down in sector 2, still going to be a huge improvement for France assuming no mistakes.

Indeed it is, fantastic lap for the frenchman and he find himself in a much better position of 3rd. The French engineers in the garage looked chuffed!

You have to say full points to Alvarez for effort today, but its simply not working for him. He moves up to 18th, and you can begin to notice the rain has stopped....

Another man who has put in a solid shift today but doesn't have the machinery underneath him is Cauncaunibuca. Only a move up to 14th for the Fiji driver.

Aspenstrom not enjoying the same sort of improvements as his rivals and after being left behind for a while manages to pull himself up to 10th.

Kamikaze is looking awfully quick as he swoops into the start/finish line. And it is a very quick lap, the closest of anyone to pole! 2nd and a fantastic lap!

San Marino also "improving" if that's what it can be classed as. Silvestre isn't really moving at all, but does now find himself a row forward in 20th.

Domenech also not at the sort of pace he would have wanted. Not as bad as the car before him but certainly only looking at the outskirts of the points. 15th.

De Boer trying to match up to Germany as he did in the first runs... and not happening. It is a very quick lap, but 6th is the best Netherlands can hope for here.

And that is everyone, what a fantastic session! Congratulations to Tobias Kederer of Germany! Fantastic lap and a great battle with Grimaldi as the track dried up and people began to find that extra bit of speed. Good job too by Kamikaze in the Japanese car to sneak in right at the end and grab 2nd.

Full Official Results

Hope you can join us when we display the race in full video + commentary glory very very soon! See you then!

Once again i can do nothing but offer my extremely inadequate apologies! This sort of wait is extremely unacceptable... The race as mentioned above will be in video format. No unfortunately this does not mean streaming, simply recording and me speaking over the top. Once again sorry and i will make sure as much as i possibly can the rest of this season and all future seasons will not have the same problems! I appreciate everyone staying on board and having the levels of patience you all do.

@Eric definitely, we need activity penalties for this temperamental RD's! ;) I can attempt as much as possible to make all remaining coverage's either live streamed or video with commentary if that would help!

As for my qualifying... Well i kind of hoped for more... Qualifying decides the race here in Monaco and spending full boost to only get 7th is not what we would have hoped for. Maybe with the changing weather something can happen in the race but i think a podium is unlikely now. Still a good points haul is a must so we will see!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy