Last words: Past, Present and Future

Posted by raulongo 
Date: August 08, 2012 04:04PM
Posted by: raulongo
Dear GPG Community,

It's been a long time since I started here... about 6 years! In that time, I've played, but for sure, I've painted A LOT for you. Every lap I did, every decal I paited was a pleasure. Now, I'm 27 years old, finishing my career in English Linguistics, not playing computer games a lot, modding them even less. That's why I came to the point to write to you, my dear friends, a post explaining my situation. Maybe you don't care, maybe you do. But I think I owe too much to this community.

It won't take long to read. Long made short: I'm retiring from Sim Modding.

Why? I lost ALL motivation. Why? I don't even know. Painting for me is no longer funny but a tedious job. Luckily I haven't lost my touch nor my technique and I can assume I can paint at the same level I did in the past. Thanks to GP4/F1C/rF I've learnt to use Photoshop, 3D Studio, zMod... all by myself and with the help of many people from here. I've come with my own designs, I've made things I've never imagined I'd ever done! All of this, thanks to a game. Seems crazy, but for me is something that I used for work, to get real cash for painting, designing, etc.

But don't think I'm retiring only with a post. In the future, I'll release the cars Fongu and I didn't released because it was missing something (mainly) from my side. I've got to finish a few 2008 cars, a 2011 one, etc. For rFactor 2, I'll say goodbye with some work for the IFM-Mod and for the 1994 F1 Mod, to be released in the future. And I have a third project which I can't say anything right know (only that is simracing related).

Finally, I want to THANK EVERY SINGLE PERSON OF THIS FORUM. You've been at my side in the good and in the bad moments. I've met real friends in here. I've learnt, I've grown up. Thank you for everything. I never thought I'd be writing something like that, but life paths are always a mystery. Who knows where am I in a year...

Your dear friend,
Raül (aka raulongo)

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Re: Last words: Past, Present and Future
Date: August 08, 2012 04:44PM
Posted by: Excalibur
It is always sad to see one of the great modder of the community leaving but I fully understand your reasons.

I know you will be around here for a few times but I take advantage of this page to tell you a HUGE THANK for all what you brought to the community, all the great cars and other stuff you released and also for the tutorials and also, sometimes, for the personal help or advices to improve myself in modding, from GP4 World until now...

It is a big loss for GP4 but times are not for the snivellings because your work will remain in memories and also because modding is not life but a passion. If you stop without a regret so that's the moment to move on another priorities or activities.

I wish you the best for the future and your personal projects (still playing music?)

Thanks for all, Raul! (Y):-)

PS: Just remember. It is hard to leave modding. I have never released so many cars in one year since I am retired! ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2012 06:08PM by Excalibur.
Date: August 08, 2012 07:12PM
Posted by: Lo2k
It's sad to see another weel known guy leaving the community once again...
Anyway, that's life and I wish you all the best for your future projects.
Regards

Date: August 08, 2012 07:16PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Lo2k Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's sad to see another weel known guy leaving the
> community once again...
> Anyway, that's life and I wish you all the best
> for your future projects.
> Regards

+1

For sure all the best wishes for your future, projects, family, ....

Thanks for all the stuff you painted and shared with the community :)
Date: August 08, 2012 07:21PM
Posted by: rracunis
Few words . I'm 49 years old , plastic surgeron and different than you , almost retiring from my professional career . I have been playing the GP series more than 20 years and in 2005 I discovered the MODs . The first car I saw was made by you and It was amazing . Since that day , many and many wonderful works were made by you , always sharing with the community , in a generous way .
Thank you for your example of dedication and competence to the GP4 community and I wish you a happy and sucessfull professional career .
Thanks again

Greetings

Ricardo
Date: August 09, 2012 09:44AM
Posted by: fongu
Raul, it's been a real pleasure to work with you. To be able to work with someone who is able to paint and critique with the best, even leading the way with techniques like the RedBull textures you made, they were some of the best times I had with this game. I don't know how we did what we did back in 2008! But life changes and we have to change with it, and I know you've had some hard days, so I wish you all the best going forward, I'm sure we'll keep in touch :)

Date: August 09, 2012 09:49AM
Posted by: quickslick
thank you for all your great stuff Raul, it's sad that you leave, but you will never be forgotten. May you find the sunny sides of the life and all the best for the future
Date: August 09, 2012 11:00AM
Posted by: alexf1man
Thank you for everything over the years, it's sad to see another big scalp go this year!

Let us know how you're getting on every so often via here or one of the many social networking sites ;)

Robert Kubica - 2011 . . . My liveries page . . . Imageshack . . . You can find me on Twitter
Date: August 09, 2012 12:02PM
Posted by: M.R.
Thank you for everything raul.
I love your cars because 2008 was my favorite season and the last beatufull f1 cars.

I wish you all the best for your personal life and what jürgen says is true.

You will never be forgotten (Y)

my YouTube Channel: [www.youtube.com]
Date: August 09, 2012 12:58PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Thanks for the kind words, I sure your future will be great. :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2012 12:58PM by kerleyf1.
Date: August 09, 2012 01:28PM
Posted by: senna9194
Thanks for the great work you did for our racing simulators and good luck for the future ;-)

My GPGSL Career
Date: August 09, 2012 10:38PM
Posted by: gezere
Only few words....

THANK YOU MY FRIEND!!!!!

For all the fantastic work you did for this community.

I wish you all the best for your present and futur life :-)

Date: August 09, 2012 11:02PM
Posted by: Isaint
Well another nice human being leaving our community. I remember like it was only yesterday when I could not even mod a rear tail light and I didn't even know how to post a screenshot.
I remember so much motivating comments from this man. A talented generous person that inspired me in many things when I was a noobie.
Sad to see your'e leaving but no point in greaving, for all life has a meaning ........ glad to have danced under the shadow of your brilliance if only but for a while.
Take care for the future and Bon chance in all that you do from here on in ....Ciao Raul .............(H)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: August 09, 2012 11:04PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Thanks for all that you have done for the community Raül, you have been one of the best painter this or any other racing game has seen...and you have always been friendly towards others, you will surely be missed and I hope you will still keep on talking to us here at gpgames forum :) All the best for your future mate!
Date: August 09, 2012 11:51PM
Posted by: starflight
raulongo without your works GP4 would never have become such as it is now, thank you for all you've done
Date: August 10, 2012 12:47AM
Posted by: ColdBlood
Thx for everything you've done for us :)

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Date: August 10, 2012 05:16PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Thanks for everything Raul! Looking forward to see what's left for us down here :)

Sad to hear you're leaving though, but you are doing the right thing! Take care mate! :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: August 10, 2012 11:14PM
Posted by: raulongo
I'm barely speechless for all your kind words. I never expected to be so influential to so many people in here. Thank you again for everything. You inspired me.

And of course, retiring from Modding doesn't mean retiring from the forum. I'll be here from time to time to see what my fellow modders release. Always a pleasure to see other people's creations.

Again, thank you for everything. You are SIMPLY THE BEST!

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: August 11, 2012 11:36AM
Posted by: jakobdylan
thank you so much for all your works Raul .I hope you can get the best in everything you do ......

Date: August 12, 2012 08:23AM
Posted by: soulbringer
It is sad to see that this members leaving fashion continues. As it is sad to see you leave.
I'm sorry I haven't got the chance to work with you more.
Thank you and best wishes in future.
It is good to hear you'll drop by from time to time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy