Jorge Caranti hangs up his hat!

Posted by mortal 
Jorge Caranti hangs up his hat!
Date: July 27, 2012 10:41AM
Posted by: mortal
Gentlemen, I have received a message from Jorge announcing his retirement from Grand Prix 4.

I'd like to say that Jorge will be remembered for his many works which have helped promote GP4 over the years. This announcement is somewhat of a shock to me as I'm well aware that for Jorge, GP4 is something of a beloved hobby, especially when one considers the prolific amount of work that Jorge has produced over the years for the race sim community.

Unfortunately is appears that a certain someone, and sadly I have to admit that it is a member of this community, has taken it upon himself to continually rip off said work and refuse to give acknowledgment in his own releases. This is of course bad manners and poor form, however, such a situation is not one that can easily be rectified in the short term.

I'm sure that Jorge is aware of that fact and has decided to cease producing anything more for the community, rather that put up with being ripped off.

A sad loss for all of us, and a situation that could easily be fixed if the offender would take it upon himself to make a public apology and cease and desist from such behaviour in the future.
Unfortunately, this is something that I for one do not expect to happen. However, I could be pleasantly surprised, we shall see.

As some of you may know, Jorge and I have had our disagreements in the past, however, I still call him a friend. I am not vindictive, and I do not bear grudges, and it would do others well to have the same attitude and point of view. As I said, we shall see.

In closing, I wish Jorge the very best for the future.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Jorge Caranti hangs up his hat!
Date: July 27, 2012 11:52AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Big shame but I understand him.

Loosing more ppl around here and that's just... damn

Take care Jorge, thanks for everything

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: July 27, 2012 11:58AM
Posted by: superman77m
A great loss. He was a big friend in the past. The present is very different and no for my choice. By the way, good luck in the real world JC.

Guys, for you this video. THE SHOW MUST GO ON.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 11:59AM by superman77m.
Date: July 27, 2012 12:30PM
Posted by: josekast
@moral, nice gesture.

Greetings.
Date: July 27, 2012 01:11PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Since my name is not mentionned but we all know its referring to myself i want to give the other side of the story.

I moved on from all the discussions, fights, arguments, crap, ... for a few years now with Jorge which resulted in an email conversation with josékast so i was unbanned from his website and there hasn't been any fight, discussion, ... since then.

He accuse me from steeling work from him, other authors, .... I don't agree on that. I use all the files that get public released in forums to put in my personal CSM mods i make.
I don't agree with the permission rule that goes around thats why i don't release them in public, thats why only 1 csm has been released from 2006 and that was the 2009 one.
Since i don't agree with the permission rule i sent my mod in private messages to friends and persons that ask me for it in PM. You have NEVER seen me posting the link to my mod in PUBLIC forum !!

My view on permission rule is: Every single file that has been released in public is open to use it in mods, games, ... so the community can enjoy it, it should be the first and only reason authors make files for gp4 in my opinion. Since its released in public in my view the permission is given to use it in mods. In a CSM mod like mine there are hunderds of files, if you need to ask every single author for permission, even some can't be tracked anymore then its almost IMPÖSSIBLE to release a CSM with full permission. That they still earn credits for their work i agree on that, it would be included in my mod when it would be released in PUBLIC.

Problem is that some authors make stuff for their ego in the first place and not think about the community and for sure forget this is afterall a GAME which we edit without even PERMISSION from GEOFF and MICROPOSE also.
My vision also on permission is that when a file gets into a CSM mod the author already gets the respect from me as mod builder for his work due it means the quality is superb that it can be added or must be added in a mod!

He even asked himself a copy of my mod in a track thread, which i promised him when i updated it to V4. To show him i moved on, have no issues with him anymore and since i promised it i sent him a copy, like everyone that ask one gets the link in PRIVATE!

In the beginning i was unbanned at gp4forever the files were released free in the forum with a link provided. Then after a while, ONLY Jorge wanted first 20 or 100 thank you before he even put the link in the forum. A bit later the link was only provided when you asked in Private Message. What was the next step after this? Asking money for his work ??? and i agree Hard, Superb Quality work he delivered which for he gained my respect again for the last years. His last release montreal track i asked in private message to sent me the track, i asked PLEASE and thanked him in advance for it. What more should i have asked to receive the track ??????

Believe it or not but i have gained alot of respect for his hard, superb quality work he has done and i thanked him for it and asked polite with PLEASE. If that isn't enough then sorry i can't do more then that.

He has taken the own choice to retire from gp4, if he is waiting for a public apoligy from my part so he can continue his work, i have no problem todo so for the community but i am not going to change my way of view on the permission rule, i think thats my right as a human being and a democratie and will sent my mod to friends or persons that ask it in private. Even the owner of GP4forever, josekast, has the same way of view on permission then I. All the files he releases can be used in any mod since he released them in public and has the same way of thinking about files that has been released by others and that should be the way. We would see several csm mods released for the whole community to enjoy.

So when a file from an author is used in a mod which himself released in public already and credits for his work is given in the mod, isn't that enough for the authors to give them and show them respect for their work? I say YES ! and with this kind of 'permission' rule policy alot of issues would be resolved and alot of csm mods would see the daylight that are now sent in private around the globe. My mod isn't the only one that is circulating on the web and won't be the last for sure.

So with all this said, i would say to all authors of files that makes files for the community to stand up and say YES to this kind of 'permission' rule policy and go back to the beginning of all: ENJOY gp4 & the community !!!!
Date: July 27, 2012 01:32PM
Posted by: josekast
Hi,
I agree on many things you said.
I can not do anything. The decision is Jorge, try talking with him or agree with him.

Greetings.
Date: July 27, 2012 02:10PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
josekast Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
> I agree on many things you said.
> I can not do anything. The decision is Jorge, try
> talking with him or agree with him.
>
> Greetings.

Well josekast that will be difficult since he just banned me from your forum but i thank and respect your way of view :)

This shows the real Jorge Caranti, and for the real Jorge not much people have respect for with his behaviour, temper, .... now lets move on cause he had his 5 minutes of attention !

I still hope he feels better now since he banned me and still wish him the best in his future life and i hope he can move on like i do and leave the past in the past if not i would recommand some professional help since its now going on for years :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 02:10PM by Bigbrother.
Date: July 27, 2012 03:43PM
Posted by: madotter
I have never seen eye to eye to Jorge, but I did reach out to try and settle any differences. This was not to be as Jorge seemed to hold a grudge and wouldn't accept to let things lie - He even tried to blackmail me in order for me to be a member on his website (GP4 Forever). Whilst I am not impressed with his attitude or his inability to let the past go, I do wish him well and all the best for the future.

Thanks,
Iain.
Date: July 27, 2012 05:49PM
Posted by: superman77m
Bigbrother, i can say all the words than yourst. My opinion is the same than yourst. My case is similar too to your case, but... i dont say nothing. I am David, Goliath is other, but... the final of the history is going the same... Few ears to hear me, especially because I am not very active in the GP4 and I work to create a MOD COMPILE, not to make something since 0. Others therefore have many ears that hear him, though sometimes by simple interest. And for it, i haven´t got nothing to say from some person. Only bye bye and good luck. I send my MOD in private too, but now... not even that. And for me, gives me the same. The thanks for it... not to me... The answer... imaginable. One thing is to value and appreciate, and another is to pretend to pray to the Lord. My only Lord is my Father.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 05:54PM by superman77m.
Date: July 27, 2012 07:55PM
Posted by: M.R.
It's sad to read this but yes i understand both sides.

I don't Say much about the situation but i hipe that all come to a good and peacefull end.
I wish jorge all the best for the future but i hope that he take his hat again ;-)

my YouTube Channel: [www.youtube.com]
Date: July 27, 2012 09:59PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
as for the permission question.. I do agree with bigbrother..

since last year, the amount of ppl modding this game has lowered quite a bit. And to keep this community alive
I think that's a good solution, even though I don't use CSM myself.

I remembered when there were some quality made 2008 cars made a while back. They were allowed to be used
for FsOne 2008 rFactor mod, but not in a GP4 csm mod when the cars were released for GP4 first.
That seemed a little odd to me.

Correct me if Im wrong here, and I hope I am!

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: July 28, 2012 12:17AM
Posted by: mangrove
Another big loss to GPG but every word that big brother has said is true and valid especially with the 'ego' thing. You should be ready with the consequences when you put yourself in public, just like in FB right? The bright side is we still have a lot of great modders around.
Date: July 28, 2012 02:22AM
Posted by: mortal
I'd like to thank those that have left comments wishing Jorge well for the future. As for whatever else has been said, this is and always will be a democratic forum. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion with freedom from censorship by moderators and admins. ie: myself.
That is one of the reasons why this site is still here after ten years, and one of the reasons why members choose to remain a part of this community, although they may no longer play the game. It's just a game after all, isn't it? :-)
As I said before, Good luck to you Jorge, and I'm sure you know that you are still welcome here. Keep in mind that I do not make the rules regarding modding, the community does, and we all know that the majority rules. That's how it is, and how it will be. Things change, they always do, and one must be accepting of it. That is all I have to say on it my friend.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 28, 2012 02:25AM
Posted by: madotter
Well said :)
Date: July 28, 2012 04:14AM
Posted by: Gusgus
Ah, Jorge Caranti... There has been fights between us. A majority of them must have been useless and annoying to follow. I very much regret this petty fighting, and if he reads this post, may he be assured that I think it's a shame he leaves, that I sincerely have no hard feelings towards him and that I wish him the very best for his life :-)
Date: July 28, 2012 04:19AM
Posted by: Stoopid
Although not at all public, Jorge and myself have had a big falling out in the past. We did have a very good relationship and worked together fir the good of te GPGSL series.. I won't proportion blame in our disagreement, but I shall instead wish every success in anything he does.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: July 28, 2012 05:58AM
Posted by: hasbriale
My PC, netbook haven't retired, neither am I ... I AM GP4EVER!!
Date: July 28, 2012 08:35AM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
GP4 is near of the dead :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2012 08:39AM by Kimi-The-Champ.
Date: July 28, 2012 10:22AM
Posted by: M.R.
That's what i allready wrote in gp4forever.
So many retirements in the last time.
I think f1 2012 finaly beats gp4 :(

my YouTube Channel: [www.youtube.com]
Date: July 28, 2012 11:31AM
Posted by: jakobdylan
I am really sad Jorge left the community although in past we'had got a lot of fights......we have passed away on them ...but that's the life everything move on ,so Good luck Jorge for everything you want do in your real life ...

p.s.
as for the permission question.. I do agree with bigbrother and SkaaningeN
But the problem is not just about Jcaranti ,a lot of authors of files have the same politicy about their stuff just remember b-tone he pretended CSM code was his stuff lol so we have'nt got F1 mod also for this problem

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy