Broken Disc.....broken record......

Posted by johnace 
Broken Disc.....broken record......
Date: April 26, 2012 03:47PM
Posted by: johnace
Hi guys, after a few years away from the Gp4 scene i decided to get back into the game.

problem is when i tried to take the disc out of the case it snapped clean into two pieces :-O.....
so my question is can i download another copy from a warez or torrent site "legally" because i own a original copy??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2012 01:34AM by mortal.
Re: Broken Disc
Date: April 26, 2012 04:57PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Technically, no, it still wouldn't be legal to download a warez version.

If you have the game installed, you can download a no-CD patched exectuable that will solve your problem. Download: [www.grandprixgames.org]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 26, 2012 05:16PM
I dont have it installed this is a new laptop, and my desktop has just had a fresh windows install.......cant find it to buy either :(

Date: April 26, 2012 05:53PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yeah, that's bad luck. We can't discuss warez at this site, so I guess you'll have to work out the best solution yourself. Hopefully it works out and you can be playing GP4 soon! :)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 26, 2012 05:59PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Also, did you try Ebay, Amazon or other online stores from your country? you can get it at a cheap price....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: April 26, 2012 07:20PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
It's true, you would have been allowed to make a personal copy of YOUR disk before it broke, but a download would still be illegal.
Unfortunately the game has such a reputation already that even used version are still rather expensive in most countries. But I'm afraid, you'll have no other option than buying another CD and then best make a safety-backup of the CD.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: April 26, 2012 07:38PM
Just a quick picture to prove im not a pirate looking for a freebie

Date: April 26, 2012 08:36PM
Posted by: ramf1v
There's a patched version over at GP4Central

[www.gp4central.com]

A patched (v1.02) Grand Prix 4. Does not require installation, just extract and play.

F1Dev
Date: April 26, 2012 09:40PM
Thanks for all the replys, i contacted Atari for a new disc yesterday and the reply i just got was confusing.....it seems they cannot sell me a new disc because it was published under the Infogrames name which they cannot do dealings under (tax reasons???) and because they no longer hold the F1 licence.

I was advised to buy a second hand copy or obtain by any other means.

So in summary if any of us loses or destroys our gp4 discs we are allowed to pirate because its effectively abondonware.

Date: April 27, 2012 08:29AM
Posted by: mortal
It is now classified as abandonware as it is no longer available new. Secondhand copies are becoming rare and the price has been pushed up because of this. Therefore I see no reason why it cannot now be downloaded as an alternative to a usually frustrating search for a disc in good condition.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I got mine for a buck..
Date: April 27, 2012 09:17AM
Posted by: hasbriale
You do not know the dark side of Internet... ;)

If you did.. you would have already been playing the game by now... ;-)

True.. Its not good or wise to discuss warez at this site or any site for that matter.

Well... I got mine for a buck.. Its worth more than a million now... (Y)
Date: April 28, 2012 03:44PM
Posted by: wirefox
Just download an ISO file and burn, there's a good torrent available and it works perfect.
Date: April 28, 2012 05:37PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Let's bring this to the point. As ramf1v pointed out, there is a working version available at GP4 Central. It's not absolutely legal to download it but in return it's also not totally illegal. Let's face it. As nobody seems to have the rights for this game anymore, nobody will sue you for downloading it.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: April 28, 2012 05:45PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Is this thread titled "Broken Disc" or "Broken Record"....because it's starting to sound like one ;-)

Just-download-and-play-it!

F1Dev
Date: April 28, 2012 06:53PM
Posted by: wirefox
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's bring this to the point. As ramf1v pointed
> out, there is a working version available at GP4
> Central. It's not absolutely legal to download it
> but in return it's also not totally illegal. Let's
> face it. As nobody seems to have the rights for
> this game anymore, nobody will sue you for
> downloading it.
I tried that link to GP4 central but the file would only download to 128 mb, tried it twice. I downloaded an iso file 565 mb and burnt it. It works perfect. I have GP 3 on original disk but wanted to try GP4, I like it much better because of improved graphics and the T view angle.
Re: Broken Disc.....broken record......
Date: April 29, 2012 08:02AM
Well.. Enjoy the game...

I did the opposite.. Couldnt install GP3 in 2003... Only played it in 2008 or 2009.. ;-)
Date: April 29, 2012 11:13AM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
ramf1v schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's a patched version over at GP4Central
>
> [www.gp4central.com]
>
>
> A patched (v1.02) Grand Prix 4. Does not require
> installation, just extract and play.
>

in germany is that illegal. what about other countries?
Date: April 29, 2012 01:14PM
Posted by: ferrariman
Date: April 29, 2012 02:31PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
the file from GP4Central does not work. It's 168mb but the download always stops at 117mb!
Maybe someone can reupload it?

I thought I should download it to have some insurance if my GP4 cd should end up the same way as the picture above

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: April 29, 2012 03:47PM
Don't need to depend on a CD...

If you zip the whole GP4 installed game folder and extract and run it on another computer it will work just fine...

(Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy