sad time for f1

Posted by thehornet 
sad time for f1
Date: July 31, 2011 04:10AM
Posted by: thehornet

a well done brendin for making this

everyone is saying this could be the end of f1 on tv in the uk.on a race weekend the bbc has said it gets about 10 million viewers...sky doesnt even have 10 million sky sports customers so how is this better for f1 and british motorsport.not everyone can afford skysports,f1 has always been free to view and should stay that way.
Re: sad time for f1
Date: July 31, 2011 11:31AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
At least it's still on. Better to have some F1 than no F1.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: July 31, 2011 12:11PM
Posted by: keroliver
As a non-UK guy, I find it amazing the amount of money you pay for TV.
I mean, thanks to internet, we are in an internationally connected world.
I don't have a TV. Simple as that. But I do watch every race.
Come on, guys, lower your expectations, and learn foreign languages!
Sometimes, I watch in German, sometimes in Spanish, in Italian, in Chinese, so what?
No wonder media people and stars are so rich in Europe and USA. lol
Date: August 01, 2011 10:09AM
Posted by: fongu
this is quite an interesting article

[en.espnf1.com]

Date: August 02, 2011 03:54PM
Posted by: elio
it is all about GREED! Its OK to make a profit but GREED is what f**ked up the ecomomy these past few years and it will ruin F1 too. Ecclestone doesn't care about the average F1 fan these days, but the sponsors should cos that is who buys thier products and pays for the whole damm thing!!
Date: August 02, 2011 10:30PM
Posted by: Morbid
elio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it is all about GREED! Its OK to make a profit
> but GREED is what f**ked up the ecomomy these past
> few years and it will ruin F1 too. Ecclestone
> doesn't care about the average F1 fan these days,
> but the sponsors should cos that is who buys thier
> products and pays for the whole damm thing!!

I have been saying that for a long time now, but you won't find many here who agree.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: August 02, 2011 10:47PM
Posted by: LeeBeau
i'm feeling reasonably happy and satisfied at the moment, don't know what you're on about
Date: August 02, 2011 11:02PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Really need to look at how the BBC managed to @#$%& up the funding this badly, and enter into a contract they couldn't afford. They've actually managed to save @#$%& all money whilst screwing us over too. I'm more pissed at the BBCs stupidity than F1s greed right now.

And this goes further than Bernie. Adam Parr made a statement which he had to backtrack on, which was along the lines of "As long as we have income, @#$%& the fans".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 03, 2011 01:38AM
Posted by: LeeBeau
hehe British problems
Date: August 03, 2011 04:33AM
Posted by: Morbid
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Really need to look at how the BBC managed to
> @#$%& up the funding this badly, and enter into a
> contract they couldn't afford.

Which I might add, is the scourge of the major contractors of the F1 show. How many tracks have been in this position now? Pretty much all of the old European tracks and several of the venues overseas have been squeezed in this monetary contractual vice.

A single incident is a matter of chance. A couple might be poor management skills. But this is a pattern to be found rampantly with the organisations that enter into contracts with Bernie. They can't all be bad administrators. So what is the common denominator... but him?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: August 03, 2011 09:32AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
As much as we could go into F1s contractual issues, this one is all the BBCs fault. These massive sweeping cuts are having an effect all over the BBC. F1 is just the bit we're most pissed about.

BBCs finances are indeed a complete joke.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 03, 2011 01:10PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Yes and here is a picture which shows the likely opinion of many current viewers, as a result of the BBC's budgeting failure.
Date: August 03, 2011 01:26PM
Posted by: andreigp4
alexf1man Wrote:
> Yes and here is a picture which shows the likely
> opinion of many current viewers, as a result of
> the BBC's budgeting failure.

BBC- BRITISH BROADCASTING CUN*S

____
Date: August 03, 2011 01:42PM
Posted by: danm
I can't see why the teams aren't in uproar about all of this still.

They will be losing free audiences that their relative sponsors target.

That's significant money down the drain for the sponsors; and a loss of future interest from later deals.

It is going to destroy the smaller teams by a country mile!

Why aren't they angry? Am I missing the obvious?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: August 03, 2011 01:55PM
Posted by: marcl
I just worked out how much it will cost me to watch F1.

£31 a month.

I cannot afford this so after this year F1 is finished for me unless I can find a feed on the web.

I dont blame the BBC, I blame Bernie for wanting too much money and I blame the idiots ruuning the country for not allowing the BBC to charge £2 more a month. If Bernie really wanted it on free TV he would have come up with a better price, but he dont care just as long as he gets his money.

Sky will not even offer the same service we get now, there will be no post race interviews or anything like that plus how the hell will they show HD when it clashes with football?

I was away when this new broke out and near enough everyone on the trip (10 people out of 25) that watch f1 said they wont bother getting Sky Sports.

I suppose the same things were said when football went that way, but the difference is £30 gets you hundreds of football matches not just 18 weekends a year. I am not interested in the other crap Sky show.
Date: August 03, 2011 02:29PM
Posted by: gav
What kind of F1 fans are they when they say "after this year, F1 is finished"?

Fair enough for the arm-chair fan who doesn't really do much to follow the sport and just watches it when they notice it, but for a genuine F1 fan, you'd watch whatever F1 is on, be it a live race, delayed full race, highlights, previews or reviews?

You don't watch F1 to please Bernie, so now feel the need to switch him off.... surely you watch F1 because you want to watch F1?
Date: August 03, 2011 02:46PM
Delayed races and highlights for me simply do not work I hate it.

If I miss a race live and know the result I just dont enjoy watching the recording, nothing beats F1 live.

So for me personally from someone who has maybe missed 4 races since 1988 this is no good.

In the past I have had options of Eurosport, RTL etc now I will have to buy Sky if I want to watch it. Yes when I had money I paid per race on Sky as I hated the ITV coverage but that was 1 year and was £9 a race. If they gave that option I would do that without thinking twice but they wont.

I was away and missed the German and Hungry races, I tried watching the German race last night and feel asleep after 5 laps simply as I new the result. I cannot watch F1 like that, I am the same with football as well.

Plus why pay for something that is going to give us less than what we get now, and they will probably use John Watson and Ben bloody Collins :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 02:55PM by marcl.
Date: August 03, 2011 03:34PM
Posted by: gav
Ben Collins? Hopefully a bit more vocal than he was on Top Gear. ;)

I respect your views, but that's not to say I understand them.

I agree that Match of the Day isn't up there with watching a match live, but at least you won't have to wait that long.

If the time for broadcast for the viewing European races is estimated 5 or 6pm, then you'll to avoid results for what, 2-3 hours. Granted that's quite a while if you're a Twitter whore or spend your day at your computer, but on the plus side, it's some motivation to go outside and catch some typical British rays, have a BBQ, meet up with some mates, go down the pub, go to a restaurant for your Sunday lunch once a month, whatever. ;)

I too have missed only a handful of races since 1989 - normally when I'm attending another racing event, but I always view the race when I get home - even the 2005 US GP, which after lap one had a single moment of interest (when the Ferrari's tried to take each out).

I should stress that I don't agree with the decision at all, and despise that it's gone PPV, as I've made clear in this and other forums. I just don't understand the hardcore F1 fans saying they're going to just abandon F1 and not bother watching any of the season.

Isn't that like shagging Elisha Cuthbert, then her deciding you can carry on @#$%&, so long as it's not an exclusive relationship... most wouldn't just walk away.
Date: August 03, 2011 03:54PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
I think he meant Ben Edwards.. Who by the way is fantastic on BTCC on ITV4

Date: August 03, 2011 04:35PM
Yep thats who I meant lol.

Sorry but I cannot stand him, when he done F1 on SKY back in 2002 I think it was I did not watch the feed with Watson and him I watched the studio feed.

I wont stop watching F1 as I will do my best to find a live feed, I just will not pay the £23 for Sky Sports and then £7 for HD.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy