> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > EDIT: Also, a streaker will run across the
> track
> > at turn 11 on lap 17.
>
> Human or dog this time?

Dunno, the TV cameras missed it :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2011 03:01PM by loque.
Awesome drive by Alonso, this has been kickass so far.

EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Awesome drive by Alonso, this has been kickass so
> far.

He's had quite a discrete season, but his race drives have showed great pace. Today he did his best to give a race but in inferior machinery its just impossible. Well done to him though!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Well Ferrari's race pace relative to Red Bull hasn't really improved since China, but they have made a jump over McLaren at least.

I must say that race feels a bit underwhelming. I haven't really found F1 2011 artificial so far, but with the DRS ease and 4 pitstops today, it didn't feel good.

X (@ed24f1)
Re: The Official 2011 Turkish GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: May 08, 2011 04:17PM
Posted by: gav
Don't mind the pitstops, but the DRS needs chopping or at minimum changed. It's just not needed and is only serving to lower the quality of racing.
gav Wrote:
> Don't mind the pitstops, but the DRS needs
> chopping or at minimum changed. It's just not
> needed and is only serving to lower the quality of
> racing.

And it lowers the quality of qualifying as well.

We saw from the amount of overtakes into Turn 9 and Turn 1 that there would have been plenty of overtakes into Turn 12 regardless of the DRS.

X (@ed24f1)
Good Race to watch just 1 pit stop too much i would say.

Red Bull again sadly for me with another 1-2.

Fernando showed why he still is the Best F1 Driver right now but massa had really bad luck cause i think he could have beaten lewis as he was behind him in the beginning.

Mclaren was a bit in no man`s land i think and Mercedes and Renault are right up there aswell.

Buemi finishing 9th is great for him and 10th for kobayashi. i actually thaught he would get something like 7th or so but better that than nothing.

Williams dunno what to say as they looked good in quali but only 15th and 16th in race isint what i thaught they would get.

Rest like Perez,Alguersuari,Sutil did normal race and the Lotus arent that far away from the rest.

Overall i think/hope others will close the gap to Red Bull but race was good to watch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
great race, lot'sof action depsite Vettel winning again at least it's getting entretaining to watch...

what i don't understand is how Mclaren pushed Jenson to 3 stops when he only delayed his first pit stops for 4 laps only....

qand now strategist guru Ross Brawn is saying that race setup must be priority.... ohhh really?...
Date: May 08, 2011 08:49PM
Slash
what i don't understand is how Mclaren pushed Jenson to 3 stops when he only delayed his first pit stops for 4 laps only....

But if they'd pitted 4 laps later with each stop, that would have been 12 laps.

You wouldn't have heard this, but Button told the BBC afterwards that they pitted too early - not when they needed to pit (ie the tyres were OK), but reacting to others. If they'd stuck to their own strategy rather than following others, he thought they might have had a better chance.
anyone thinkin the ms petrov accident looks like the one with villeneuve in 97 ??? i really thought michael wanted to put petrov out of the race.
I seem to be the only person who did not enjoy that race, its all so fake. DRS was a joke today making it far to easy to pass, they also want racing but as soon as the drivers push the tyres go.

Vettel is going to be world champ by Hungry as different drivers keep finishing 2nd, he will soon have a 2 race advantage over the rest.

And yet again MS hits just about everything and no penalty yet Alonso got one for hitting Lewis lol.

Great drive by Alonso, best guy out there today.

I dont blame Lewis for going for Webber on the 1st lap but it probably cost him 3rd? Who knows maybe 4th was the best they would get today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2011 09:23PM by marcl.
totally agree with you marcl i felt a bit let down by todays race they couldnt push and overtaking was way too easy. i like the pirellis but the degraded way to fast, 9 laps for lewis. drs was way too easy they should have put it after the kink. i thought schuey was going to have a good race but @#$%& me he seems so amatuerish hitting every one making rookie mistakes, its not the same driver he used to be i think hes trying to hard and good to see ferrari and alonso up there

Date: May 08, 2011 10:19PM
marcl
they also want racing but as soon as the drivers push the tyres go.

In the past two races the drivers who were pushing and doing a 3 or 4 stop strategy won over those doing a 2 or 3 stop respectively. Those who are attempting to conserve their tyres and manage it throughout the race last out both times.

marcl
I dont blame Lewis for going for Webber on the 1st lap but it probably cost him 3rd?

No way. McLaren just didn't have the pace. In race trim they were closer to Rosberg than they were Alonso. What with Button's failed strategy (or poor implementation of his strategy), Hamilton's Webber-Valencia-esq first lap and the shoddy pit work in the 2nd half of the race, it wasn't a great day for the Woking lot.
well, "torana_05" i think drs is not the problem. as alonso mentioned it was difficult for him to pass rosberg in the beginning even with the drs activated. BUT after the tyres degrade so fast then the overtaking really becomes way too easy in combination with the drs. but when the tyres werent to the limit worn out then overtaking really was taking something special (e.g. jenson lewis, heidfeld petrov, rosberg alonso, and so on) So there was definately some very very good racing.

As for schumacher i think his 1 lap pace hurts him. he fnishes down in qualies he just gets too many fights to cope with in the beggining of every race. to be hones with you petrov's move was crazy itself. he was going to end up outside the track by MILEEES.

anyway\y, i like schumi because of 1 thing.... HE IS RACING!! and he collides only with rookie drivers, alguersuari australia, petrov here, kubica in kanada (kubica drove massa off the track in the same way in fuji 2007.) Look for example at schumachers fight with massa today ?? no touching no nothing :)c MS will be ok, he will be the 1st to bring mercedes a win, i just kn0ow it.....and then he will retire for goood this time :)
^Its MS making the rookie mistakes though :)
i think Michael just missjudged the front wing size.. Petrov move was asian style... totally outbraked himself and Michael was going to go smoothly down the inside but he missjudged it and clipped the rear tyre that was all.... after his first top he was out of sequence with everybody in front, so when people pitted and came out behind him he already had the last laps of his tyres so had to drive deffensive.. it was a good climb up to 12... true not the sort of performance one expects from him but i hope Spain draws a diferent picture

thx for the info gav, didn't knew that... after what we saw with Alonso last year at Abu Dhabi one thinks that shouldn't be the case but i guess its different with all the pressure of the competition and teams react to it
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> anyone thinkin the ms petrov accident looks like
> the one with villeneuve in 97 ??? i really thought
> michael wanted to put petrov out of the race.

Didn't see any similarity between those two incidents myself. MS wasn't trying to take Petrov out, he was just being MS and f*cking up a wheel-to-wheel battle. It was the same brain-fade we saw at Magny Cours back in '92(twice), Suzuka '93, Shanghai 2004 etc. He's always done that when he's been in the pack fighting with other drivers(Saying that, he did get his act together later on and pull those nice passes on his best mate Jaime).
He even admitted it was his mistake afterwards.

For all the whining people do about Vettel not being good wheel to wheel (he's made 2 passes this season that have been ignored), Schumacher is probably the worst on the grid for wheel to wheel at the moment. Even those who are supposedly terrible at it, like Massa and Petrov, were much better than Schumi today.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
i think the jury is still out for me with these new tyres, drs and kers. i think at the moment the tyres are just a novelty on how they are performing. dont get me wrong i do like how they are wearing out its just they just go off far too quickly you push hard at the start you loose your tyres after 5 laps. i rekon that out of the 16 or so races left mclaren will always try to give button one less pitstop at each race because he looks after his tyres. i am not a hamilton fan but i like his style push and attack its exciting, its great to watch but he gets disadvantaged by it. everyone says how exciting alesi and gilles raced, push push attack attack but now you can't do that your tires are useless after a few laps. i guess it was a combination of tyres and drs but if we allow to much overtaking it wont make it as special i mean some of the best passes were done without aids to help, belgium 00 schuey and hakkinen, suzuka 05 raikkonen anf fisi spa 07 alonso and hamilton. its just seems fake. i think there is a balance out there maybe bring back in fuel stops and a little less drs and kers and a bit more durable tyres. i am not convinced that this season will be as good as people are talking it up as but ill guess ill just have to find out

The DRS zone shouldn't be placed on the main overtaking spot, because drivers don't need help there. Turkey should've had it on the s/f straight and Spain on the straight after Campsa. This weekend's overtaking was too easy and too artificial because the DRS zone was placed on a far too long a straight.

While I like the faster degrading tyres, maybe this is a bit too much. Bridgestones tyres were far too durable, but this is the other extreme. If they'd make the tyres last for another 5 laps before hitting the cliff, I think you'd have more attacking drivers and possibly a greater variety of pit stop strategies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy