The Official 2011 Turkish GP Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by flat tyre 
Well i gotta say Quali was ok today. Nothing special but ok.

First HRT nearly caught Virgin and i think they can beat em in Barcelona. Lotus i gotta say Trulli was much slower than Kovalainen nearly 1 second behind him.

Then Midfield Toro Rosso now last of Midfield but it was close and they will battle with Force India and a much improved Williams and Sauber (gonna be interresting to see what Kobayashi can do with lots of fresh tyres).

Now Top10 was top 5 teams battling it out. Bit dissapointed with Schumi cause i really thaught top4 is possible today but needs to be seen what the problem was.

Then Renault doing solid job and Fernando beating Jenson showed that he once again got 110& out of the car.
Dunno what happend to Jenson think he just had a poor run or so.

Then Highlight for me was Nico who beat Lewis for P3 and did a great job.

Red Bull again on another planet sadly!

Hope for tomorrow Ferrari use their good race pace and Renault aswell and maybe someone beats Red Bull.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
BBC, sort your sound issues FFS.

Wow impressive from redbull, their speed is impressive. Mercedes made a nice jump too but somehow I cant see them keeping the form in the race.

Does anyone have a link to the video of the renault in the wet during fp1 yesterday? (want to see the exhaust gas effect on the water).
Also any links to a video showing the blown diffuser sound? (from any car)

thanks

Stunning lap from Vettel, that's just awesome - again. Nailing pole with a single lap and then being able to watch the others try to beat his time from the pits is pretty special. Reminds me of Schumacher at Montreal in 1999.

Speaking of Schumacher, he needs to get his finger out. For whatever reason, his Q3 performance was pathetic, and he had every reason to feel bad about it afterwards. He just seems not to be motivated like he was during his main career, and it's getting pretty frustrating for those of us who want to see him pushing hard and doing well.

Not when Nico gets P3, Schummi who? :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Nothing against Nico obviously, he's on fire right now and that was a cracking lap from him. But still, for MS to be 1.1sec off him is dire.

The fact that Schumi went slower than in Fp3 suggests something odd. Maybe he made a mistake, a big one. I wouldnt expect him to beat Nico, but he shouldnt have been that far back, and I would not have put that down to Nico getting more out of the car. I would say MS simply made a mistake, or had an issue, otherwise he probably would not have been any more than 3-4 tenths back.

Still great job for Nico. I hope he will start to get the recognition he deserves, and I hope Brawn provides him the car to show everyone he is every bit as good as Lewis/Vettel.

edit - Kobayashi almost looked pleased to be at the back :p I think he realizes how much fun he is gonna have!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2011 05:57PM by chet.
I think we're going to see a cracking race from Kobayashi, heaps of good tyres, and a field of squabbling backmarkers.

danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think we're going to see a cracking race from
> Kobayashi, heaps of good tyres, and a field of
> squabbling backmarkers.

Should be fun to watch!

Although the GP2 guys squabbled a bit too much on their first lap by the looks of things!
I'd love to see some changeable weather tomorrow, that would make for an amazing race in a situation where RedBull are likely to just dominate if it's dry.
Saying that, if it's dry there should be some juicy tyre degradation, so we could still get a stunner.

it seems that they finally found a solution for the KERS problem

and it seems he's able to use DRS even while making Turn 8 :-O

Re: The Official 2011 Turkish GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: May 07, 2011 08:50PM
Posted by: gav
Only on the easy entry and the easy (unless it's wet and you want to use all the kerb... Sebastian) exit.

Most of the cars were using it in a similar manner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2011 08:51PM by gav.
i think Michael just needs to survive the start, he usually makes great starts and with the pace shown during the weekend he can have a good race and might be one of the ones to watch tomorrow

starting grid doesn't means as much as we've been seeing over and over... it's basically having the fastest tyre at the end of the race.... Alonso is going to attack, Mclarens will have a lot of work to do and Red Bull might cock it up again
At the start of the GP2 race yesterday both Sam Bird P2 and Jules Bianchi P4 had poor starts, I wonder if Rosberg will be able to jump up to 2nd ahead of Webber.

Should be a good race, I think Vettel is a sure winner, but the battle for second should be close between Lewis, Nico, Webber and Alonso IMO. I can see Button having an off race, he'll probably lose a place or two at the start then Button isnt great at recovering from that.

Kobayashi should provide some entertainment too :)! Though the Sauber hasnt looked as strong here as it has other places.

Re: The Official 2011 Turkish GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: May 08, 2011 01:08PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Red Bulls will disappear, Rosberg will lose out to either Alonso or Lewis, Button will stay where he is.

EDIT: Also, a streaker will run across the track at turn 11 on lap 17.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2011 01:09PM by loque.
loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EDIT: Also, a streaker will run across the track
> at turn 11 on lap 17.

Human or dog this time?

X (@ed24f1)
Koby already up to P14

wow jenson is driving really nice today, maybe he saw our discussions after China???

GO JENSON!!!!!
JENSONNNNN!!!!!

jb pwns massa!

edit - Massa not going to bget a penalty because he gave the place back?!!!!

Thats not the point!!!! it was an unsafe release, why should it matter if he gave the place back? The rule has NOTHING to do with gaining/losing a place, its about risk to other cars, and team members!

edit - JB NEEDS to get past now!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2011 02:52PM by chet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy