The Official 2011 Turkish GP Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by flat tyre 

Don't know about you, but that 3 week break felt far too long for me!

Make the most of it - it looks like this will be the last time that F1 visits our beloved Tilke's best track. With the now legendary turn 8 - as well as the many blind, fast, sweeping corners before - it is always a thrill to wattch an F1 car drive this circuit. With the Pirelli tyres and DRS, it can only get better. We saw how they transformed Malaysia and China from mediocre tracks into a great race, so who knows what they will achieve at Istanbul Park??

Oh, and by the way, there's a fantastic battle going on between Red Bull and McLaren, too. Just thought I'd mention that, I thought it would interest you. Not to mention the midfield scraps - will Mercedes or Renault get a podium? What will Petrov do to infuriate Alonso this time? Will HRT stun the world and BEAT ANOTHER CAR?

So become a hermit for a day - kick your gf off the sofa (or out the house for extra points), grab a beer, popcorn, pizza (whatever floats your boat), and ENJOY! ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Off to St Mary's on Saturday to see Southampton, so I have to Sky+ quali.

I think DRS is just before turn 12 or whatever, the straight where Vettel and Webber had THAT crash.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Nice intro :p

I hope Ferrari, Mclaren, Mercedes and Renault have all somehow found alot more time than RBR meaning either one could win, but thats major wishful thinking.

Realistically though, after China I would say either a RBR, Ferrari or Mclaren could win here. Massa was not far behind Vettel in China on the same strategy, and the Ferrari as proved quick over a race distance. If the updates they've bought bring the time they hope then surely they will be in the fight?

Looking forward to a good race. Last year's race was one of the best of the season imo. At least before Vettel poo'd it all up.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think DRS is just before turn 12 or whatever, the straight where Vettel and Webber had THAT crash.

---

Yes it starts just before turn 11 and goes along THAT straight down into turn 12 ;)

---

Where will DRS be placed for Valencia given Webber's crash last year?
alexf1man Wrote:
> Where will DRS be placed for Valencia given
> Webber's crash last year?

Across the bridge ;-). Although considering how long the straight has to be, probably 11 to 12, or perhaps even 16-17 as that has a hairpin after it

I like the way it is referred to as THAT straight now, official name?

Anyway that wait has been forever! Can't wait to watch some f1 again, and now its a decent time to watch it live which is always good ;).

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
LOL Vettel crashed at 8:32 ish coming out of Turn 8 in the RAIN! ;) Red Bull are vulnerable if he can't get any running time in FP2.
Mercedes and Renault looking mighty in the wet.

Come on Nico!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Turkey's becoming a bit of a bogey circuit for Vettel.

There isn't much that can be learned from P1 as some drivers used inters and some used full wets for their best times.

X (@ed24f1)
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> Off to St Mary's on Saturday to see Southampton,
> so I have to Sky+ quali.

>
> I think DRS is just before turn 12 or whatever,
> the straight where Vettel and Webber had THAT
> crash.

You're one of THEM. Why couldn't your team fail and let Huddersfield get promoted with our awesome run?!?! ;) (Just kidding, congrats on promotion.)

Anyway, seemed like Vettel went too far into the end of Turn 8, caught the astro-turf and spun. Someone of his ability should know that the astro-turf after the kerbs will be wet to hell, and thus they should be avoided.

Then again, he was probably pushing too hard anyway. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2011 12:06PM by Diax F1.
Ferrari sounds horrible!!

Mercedes looking like they've improved :D!

Re: The Official 2011 Turkish GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: May 06, 2011 02:54PM
Posted by: Anonymous User

Baaaaaaaaaaahahaha,

Also, why is it raining in Turkey? :S

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2011 02:54PM by loque.
c'mon Michael, let's kick some phoney asses....
yesss. i cant wait for the race, qualy and the revs to go high !! Brrrrruuum
C'mon schumiiiii
Diax F1 Wrote:
>
> You're one of THEM. Why couldn't your team fail
> and let Huddersfield get promoted with our awesome
> run?!?! ;) (Just kidding, congrats on promotion.)

Well, as my sig kinda shows, Bath comes first (midtable in the Conference!), and Southampton come second in my priorities :)

And if Huddersfield keep their run going, the playoffs should be straightforward.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
the rain of today and how the engineers said to the drivers to save tyres makes me think what would happen if it rains a whole weekend with the current limitation of wet tyres sets?

Quickest Virgin, 3tenths ahead of quickest HRT.

Both teams featured upgrades this weekend but once again huge disapointment. Let's wait till Q1 and see the gap there.

As far as I know HRT have upgrades for Barcelona too, more significant ones, likewise Virgin should better understand their rear-end update and would have fixed the issues there.

As for the rest...

:D:D:D:D:D for Mercedes! I hope its genuine, ive learnt to be weary of this team and fast times but really hope they can challenge. Ferrari look great on long runs but awful on the single lap!! Renault look to have lost ground to this group, but again i think their race pace is still pretty handy! Then everyone upto Lotus look really close :)!!

Vettel once again proving he could take a day off work and still be fastest lap king. My personal hope for qualifying is that both Mercs nad Mclarens get involved and at least try split these RBR's.

JB might seem quick now but in qualifying if the Merc's pace is real, then I cant see him being higher than 5th. He WILL lose out to both RBR's, and Lewis on a normal day but add in the chance of either Mercedes. I kind of hope Mercedes go all out for qualifying and get on the pole/front row!

edit - Mclaren slower than in Fp2... ? More fuel today, or less fuel yesterday?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2011 11:19AM by chet.
More fuel today, or less fuel yesterday?

Definitely the second.
Magic Paddle hahahahaha seemed to have worked for schumi!!!
Vettel again looking in another league!

Button's under pressure here not to end up last out of the big teams. He's been lucky enough to have a car with a qualifying advantage, in Oz, Malaysia and China. Here doesnt seem to be the case.

From p2 onwards will be epic to watch :D!

edit - Nico makes up for JB's poor session :D!! Nico's arrived!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2011 02:02PM by chet.
Some very poor strategies throughout qualifying from Ferrari!

Anyway, sort of depressing to see that even McLaren are falling back from Red Bull a bit now. At least Mercedes and Ferrari are a bit closer.

Hopefully Webber gets ahead on Lap 1!

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy