The Official 2011 Chinese GP Thread **Spoilers**

Posted by DJSKYLINE 
Re: The Official 2011 Chinese GP Thread **Spoilers**
Date: April 16, 2011 03:52PM
Posted by: marcl
Well that was a really boring Q3 tbh.

Seb was always going to get pole and Mclaren 2nd and 3rd so yeah. Once Vettel done that time it was all over.

Feel bad for Webber he is really getting the back Rubens and Eddie luck :) If Vettel wins tomorrow it will be all over for Webber this early in the year. The race is going to be so hard for Webber with no KERS, he is better to start from the back and let them fix the car, if not he is going to find it very hard to pass people.

MS messed his own lap up btw, he locked his brakes.

Would say I am looking forward to the race but its China so not expecting much unless it rains.
Date: April 16, 2011 04:53PM
Posted by: gav
marcl
The race is going to be so hard for Webber with no KERS, he is better to start from the back and let them fix the car

He'll be allowed to fix it without penalty, providing it's not a major issue.
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Personally, it was good to see Massa do well compared to Alonso, considering this is one of his statistically worst circuits. It also seems he isn't having tyre warm-up problems any more after Melbourne. I'm looking forward to see what he can do in Turkey in 3 weeks!

Which Massa won three times (2006 - 2008) even the cold race of early May 2008 (similar date to this year's race)
@slash, do you have skype man ?? so that we can discuss schumi and MERC as tru fans of the red baron. ;p
Date: April 17, 2011 01:52AM
Posted by: shep34
Quite amused to read Christian Horner saying the following...."Christian Horner has said that Mark Webber’s early qualifying knock-out in China on Saturday was due to a team decision rather than a personal call from the driver."

Just amazing that the team would even play with this strategy - surely they would have known the danger of not being fast enough, and why even risk it in the first place?? Having read RBR's facebook page, and all the negative comments, it seems fans are clearly expressing their disgust at the seemingly blatant favouritism to Vettel.
As an Aussie, of course I think the same! LOL But..... why would the team even do this? Sure, it could be happening, but it is a very risky thing to be doing!! When/if Vettel again wins todays GP, he should be sitting pretty with 75 points, then IF there is blatant funny buggers going on at RBR with all the KERS issues for Webber, then this terrible call in qualifying, Webber may be far back enough in points for the team to say to Mark, "you need to help Seb".

As a sports fan, i sincerely hope stuff like that is not going on at RBR - thought we had seen the end of that when Schuey left Ferrari.
And as an Aussie, it seems "miraculous" that Webber has all the problems with his car, the team "accidentally" makes a disgraceful call in qualifying, whilst Red Bull poster boy Vettel steams on to poles, and wins.

Arrrgh, I am a frustrated Aussie and Webber fan, but I am over it! (Going overseas on holidays so F1 won't bother me for 6 weeks anyway!!!). Good luck to Vettel - he is a good, fast driver, no doubt about it. But I hope he isn't been handed an automatic advantage because the team knows Webber is just as good in equal machinery.

Oh well, will be watching the race this afternoon. And when Vettel is 5 seconds in front after 2 laps, the tv will be turning off......

End of rant......lol

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Date: April 17, 2011 08:58AM
Posted by: chet
I dont think there is any favouring, it was just a case of being unprepared because of the lack of track time in FP3. Due to that, it might have been a good idea to go on options but it was a mistake made, and a mistake that wont be made later on.

Its still too early my accusations of favouring or not. Im sure Webber is being given every chance as Vettel. Just things have not gone his way so far this year. Likewise, Vettel suffered numerous errors and reliability issues last year at the start. As they say, I guess luck balances out ;-)

The good thing about Webber's poor Q session is that he will provide some action, along with Heidfeld, and Schumacher I hope.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 17, 2011 09:00AM
Posted by: danm
Chet, we might get our Nico win and Button podium. Id be happy if Petrov got third, if not KK :P

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 17, 2011 09:28AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Date: April 17, 2011 09:32AM
:(:(:(:(:(:(! what an idiot! race done :(

Nico leading tho.

Date: April 17, 2011 09:33AM
Nicoooooooooooo! :D :D :D :D

Will the Chinese GP throw up another new winner in tradition? God its tense...

Date: April 17, 2011 10:06AM
Nice move by Lewis.

Vettel
Massa
Nico

podium IMO.

edit - fuel critical at this stage?!!! c'mon brawn, thats abit out of order...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2011 10:16AM by chet.
Date: April 17, 2011 10:12AM
christ im on edge

Date: April 17, 2011 10:15AM
i swear i saw alonsos drs open before that final turn

danm Wrote:
> i swear i saw alonsos drs open before that final
> turn

Everyone saw it except for the FIA.
Date: April 17, 2011 10:40AM
Best race in a long time!

edit - cant decide who did better, Lewis or Webber.

Ill say Lewis because he won, but great from Webber. He is keeping us entertained, and somehow keeping himself in it despite making his life hard!!

edit 2 - Great to see Merc up there! Bodes well going into Europe! This is exactly what we wanted Mclaren, Mercedes, RedBull and Ferrari all up there! Whether due to strategy or not doesnt matter. The fact that so many teams were so close is great for the sport, and great for the season. Renault had a rough weekend, but would be up there too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2011 10:54AM by chet.
Date: April 17, 2011 10:55AM
Posted by: Slash
Holy shitz!! Great race from everybody... But i heard lewis saiy: vettel sorry but your ass is mine!!!!!! Great fookin bloke, thx lewis..... I wonder if vettel will cry today??
mclarenaustralia écrivait:
> danm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i swear i saw alonsos drs open before that
> final
> > turn
>
> Everyone saw it except for the FIA.

The rules says it has to be enabled after the DRS Line but if the rear wing was still open after the braking, it doesn't break the rule no?
Yeah here is the prove, anyway no advantage.

By the way, great race by Massa despite ending up 6th
If Nico went a tiny bit longer on his penultimate stint, he'd probably be on the podium.

Enough of the 'ifs' now, it was a great race. Hamilton and Webber drove very well indeed. I guess the RBR 'team call' paid off.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: April 17, 2011 11:23AM
Posted by: gav
mclarenaustralia
Everyone saw it except for the FIA.

I doubt they could punish it, given that it's their system which must have been broken. The car doesn't decide when the system can be used, the FIA's automated timing system does.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy