The Official 2011 Chinese GP Thread **Spoilers**

Posted by DJSKYLINE 
One driver dominating isn't dull. Dull races are dull. Schumacher years weren't @#$%& because Schumacher winning, but rather because the racing sucked. Melbourne this year was a little average, but Sepang was excellent despite it being an easy win for Vettel. If we have 20 races like that I'd be overjoyed. Same with Sepang qualifying - who cares who came out on top? It was *awesome*.

As for Virgin, it isn't CFDs fault. CFD is a tool. You put crap in, you get crap out. We don't blame wind tunnels when Williams produce a pile of crap, so why blame CFD when it turns out a tarted up F3 team on a tiny budget can't cope in F1?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: The Official 2011 Chinese GP Thread **Spoilers**
Date: April 16, 2011 08:22AM
Posted by: chet
Agh! Why not Vettel?!!! Poor laps still, but will mean a race tomorrow from him :)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 16, 2011 08:23AM
Posted by: Slash
i doubt Vettel will dominate as much as Schumacher did...

i agree with Dave, competition seems fierce, once they get close to red Bull, it's going to be hair rising!

Webber's done, no doubt!... it doesn't help that he's probably now thinking a lot more about that korean mistake... it was your last chance Mark...
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Agh! Why not Vettel?!!! Poor laps still, but will
> mean a race tomorrow from him :)!

Because Vettel doesn't bottle it like Mark does. Assuming KERS is worth the 3 tenths people say it's worth, Webber is half a second off of Vettel. Half a f**king second. They can blame the hard tyres (and it's partly true. He would have qualified on softs), but he bottled it yet again.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 16, 2011 08:50AM
Posted by: danm
this qualifying part 2 is mental! :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
All qualifying sessions should be 2 minutes long. That was hilarious. Wait for the complaining about blocking. :p

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 16, 2011 08:58AM
last season for Michael, theres no way he'll improve, he had all last season and it didn't happen... his reaction speed is very slow... quite ironic that he still reacts fast at the start of the race but i suppose is easier to focus on the first part of the race than it is on a whole lap... he's litteraly a shadow of his former self.. some flashes here and there but nowhere as competitive

sorry if i'm in a negative mood but i was willing to sacrifice today's session for a pussy and the whore would't answer the ph

cheers!
Date: April 16, 2011 09:12AM
Jenson FTW!!!.. damn he's getting closer to Lewis and beating him lately... i bet this will trigger more negative comments from lewis to the press :))
Brilliant laps by Vettel, Button, di Resta and the STRs. All performing above expectation today.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 16, 2011 09:20AM
Posted by: chet
Q2 end was awesome :p!!

Been a good weekend in general for Jenson. I just hope he can repeat it tomorrow!

The other noticeable thing about that session was the gap between Ferrari and Mercedes?! Nico only 2tenths off Mclaren! Either an amazing lap or Mercedes have finally got around to sorting their problems! Either, great to see Nico up there!

Great efforts from both STR's and Di Resta :D! Di Resta to replace Schumacher (or Button) in 2012 or 2013?? Mercedes need to keep him in the family, had an amazing start to the season!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
di Resta was slightly lucky to get the seat really. Mercedes have too many drivers dumped into DTM and random other drives (anybody remember Gary Paffet?). Now he managed to get the seat, he needs to impress immediately.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Di Resta is doing well, but I think it is just again proving how relatively poor Sutil is. Don't forget he couldn't even put away Fisichella in 2008 and 2009, and we saw the gulf between Fisichella and the top drivers when he subbed in for Ferrari (I admit there were extenuating circumstances though). He had some good performances in 2010, but he was up against Liuzzi.

Anyway, great work by Vettel again, as well as Button and Rosberg. Nice work by D'Ambrosio as well to get such a gap over Glock.

Personally, it was good to see Massa do well compared to Alonso, considering this is one of his statistically worst circuits. It also seems he isn't having tyre warm-up problems any more after Melbourne. I'm looking forward to see what he can do in Turkey in 3 weeks!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 16, 2011 01:17PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
schumi is done. he wanted to have fun when he came back i bet he aint having it.

mclaren may well win the constructors the way things are going.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 16, 2011 01:18PM
Posted by: Slasher
Better make sure Webber has all these "technical glitches and poor team decisions" now rather than later in the season when he would be challenging his golden boy teamate for the championship, hence the team then having to find excuses to slow Webber down.

As Horner said, it was the TEAMS decision not to put Webber on the soft tyres.

What a Fu&*ing joke!!!
Date: April 16, 2011 01:36PM
Posted by: senninho
Slasher Wrote:
> Better make sure Webber has all these "technical
> glitches and poor team decisions" now rather than
> later in the season when he would be challenging
> his golden boy teamate for the championship, hence
> the team then having to find excuses to slow
> Webber down.
>
> As Horner said, it was the TEAMS decision not to
> put Webber on the soft tyres.
>
> What a Fu&*ing joke!!!

I don't think the team are really to blame here - even Webber conceded that he should have been easily fast enough on the hard tyres.

He had a crap session - there's really not much else to it, unfortunately.

why is everyone blaming schumacher. from what i herad/ read the guys in the paddock said, that:

1) his time was fast enough for q3 in the first 2 sectors

2) his erar wing malfunctioned on the corner before the last one so it is normally that you loose stability, right ???
Date: April 16, 2011 02:19PM
Posted by: davidm
The problem is its a consistent theme with Rosberg. He needs to get at least regularly close to Nico, particularly if Merc start getting their act together.
The disappointment with Schumacher is that he did very well at the end of 2010, matching Rosberg in qualifying and the race, but has taken a step backwards this year - and now doesn't have the excuse of tyres or that the car isn't built for him.

It's only Round 3, so I'm not writing anyone in the field off yet, but it doesn't look good for him.

X (@ed24f1)
Slash Wrote:
> last season for Michael, theres no way he'll
> improve, he had all last season and it didn't
> happen... his reaction speed is very slow... quite
> ironic that he still reacts fast at the start of
> the race but i suppose is easier to focus on the
> first part of the race than it is on a whole
> lap... he's litteraly a shadow of his former
> self.. some flashes here and there but nowhere as
> competitive

i wrote my comment relating it to that comment of Slash. I do not want to compare nico and michael again, it is getting trivial already, but to say that it wasnt his error that cost him the q3 and a potential 7th place at least.

btw i predict a big crash in the beggining of the race betweeen webber and ...someone :). webber is usually bad when in the back of the field and always collides
Alguersuari did a decent job, as did Rosberg and Di Resta. Very entertaining even though Heidfeld and Kamui went out in Q2 :(

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2011 04:00PM by Incident 2k9.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy