2011 Force India

Posted by Fincent 
2011 Force India
Date: February 08, 2011 03:31PM
Posted by: Fincent
While the official 2011 thread is closed, I might as well post this here in a new topic.

[www.f1fanatic.co.uk]

The vast majority of the new cars for this year have been underwhelming to say the least, same with the Force India. Doesn't look like too much new here but I like the twist on the livery, gives it something fresh without completely changing the colours/brand identity. I hope it's fast so that Di Resta can show some decent performances but with all the technical staff that have left the team in the past year or so, I doubt they'll make any improvements upon the occasional points finishes they had in 2010.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: 2011 Force India
Date: February 08, 2011 04:06PM
Posted by: JackHammer
I do love that car, livery looks great too

Date: February 08, 2011 04:19PM
Posted by: chet
Fincent - I would disagree, I think this years pre-season has been awesome for new cars. I cant remember seeing such diversity. But yeah the FI is rather underwhelming, but they said it would be.

The team seemed to slow down their progression last year, maybe even fell back! They were for me the most disapointing team of 2010. The really moved forward in 2009 but looked lost at some points last year. I guess the loss of certain staff has hurt them :(

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 08, 2011 10:14PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
But yeah the FI is rather underwhelming, but they said it would be.

I actually disagree. The sidepods and rear end are different, as is the obvious change to the engine cover. The front end is subtle, but different. The rear suspension is completely new, and the exhuast existing above a raised floor over the diffuser is only on the RB7 so far this season.

I agree this season has been awesome for new cars.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 08, 2011 11:22PM
Posted by: chet
I think i set my expectations too high after seeing the Williams/Mclaren... I guess its similar to the virgin, it does look similar but there have been alot of detail changes. Good spot on exhausts!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 08, 2011 11:42PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
I believe the Williams and the Mercedes exhaust layouts are very similar to that as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy