The 2011 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2011 Formula One Season
Date: February 17, 2011 07:51PM
Posted by: elemental
Cancel it! I'm karting that weekend, so I'd get to see the first race, and it'd be in Australia again - doubly sweet :p
Date: February 18, 2011 12:39PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Just found this article, and I totally agree with it. Read it here, it's highly recommended.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: February 18, 2011 02:28PM
Posted by: Slash
unfurtunately for us, it seems it will be cancelled..

teams will have to fly there next week, and i'm sure they probably won't... first they'll announce that the programmed test session will be canceled, and if the situation doesn't improve next week, so will be the event.

there's no way they can just race on another track, for logistic and strategic reasons
Date: February 18, 2011 08:37PM
Posted by: vesuvius
after todays test at barcelona Schumacher was dissapointed about the new tyres pirelli did bring to this test also Vettel said tyres were now completely different....surely bad news for massa and button who were very happy with earlier version that had strong grip on the front...now the rears have.
Date: February 18, 2011 10:14PM
Posted by: chet
Well I wouldnt have thought they would have changed a great deal, nothing that setup wont fix im sure.

Alonso's long runs were pretty quick compared to the rest today. Hopefully some uninterupted weather and driving tomorrow.

Really unsure about Mclaren atm. Whether they are quick or not... same with Williams. 2009 and 2010 have been okay years for Williams, I just hope they can be quick more often. It seems over the last two seasosn they've been very on-off.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 18, 2011 10:40PM
Posted by: gav
McLaren looked decent on the last day of testing at Jerez. Over similar runs the McLaren seemed quicker than the Ferrari. Red Bull were in a league of their own over the same length run though.
Date: February 18, 2011 11:03PM
Posted by: marcl
Yeah I do not think the 1st race is going to happen now, today its got even worse.
Date: February 19, 2011 04:14AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
Just go to Algarve and make there the 1st race :)
Would love to see the F1's competing there for real..

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: February 19, 2011 07:49AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> after todays test at barcelona Schumacher was
> dissapointed about the new tyres pirelli did bring
> to this test also Vettel said tyres were now
> completely different....surely bad news for massa
> and button who were very happy with earlier
> version that had strong grip on the front...now
> the rears have.

I haven't seen these comments posted on any F1 news sites, can you say where you found them?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 19, 2011 12:26PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I doubt it'll be cancelled outright, it'll probably be pushed towards the back of the year.

There's a week either side of Abu Dhabi where they could put it, it's just an island-hop away.

Don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere yet but Williams are launching their new livery on Thursday 24th Feb on their website. One final thing to look forward to, hopefully :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2011 12:31PM by loque.
Date: February 19, 2011 03:05PM
Posted by: msater
I saw on the Daily Express today that Ecclestone says there is no chance of moving the race. This is the Daily Express, though.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: February 19, 2011 03:19PM
They wont move the race. They might shift it to a later date but the venue shall not change with such a short time frame. If the race is cancelled then Australia will be round 1, simple as.

What is important is that the teams manage to sort out a test venue. As for the race, thats out of their's and Bernies hands.

edit - JB on Mclaren and other teams

[www.autosport.com]

Sooo, have Minardi finally built a good car? Its the first season in 4 where you can say its their own car (i dont class the 2010 as STR designed, so 2007+). If this car is pretty I just wish it had good drivers using it. I really dont rate Jamie or Seb.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2011 09:39PM by chet.
Date: February 20, 2011 12:16AM
Posted by: marcl
I have a nasty feeling RBR are going to 100% dominate this year, no one is setting times anywhere near what they can.
Date: February 20, 2011 01:29AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Even if they do, there are plenty of races for Vettel to find something to crash into, for Webber to make the odd (huge) error and for Renault engines to inexplicably munch themselves down back straights. We'll see.
Date: February 20, 2011 01:42AM
I would say RBR have a lead, but I think Ferrari are close if not equal. Vettels race simulation today wasnt quite as world beating as I expected... Mclaren deffo seem behind at least RBR and Ferrari, and maybe even others.

Williams and STR remain for me the biggest unknowns.

Date: February 20, 2011 03:24AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
in my view the red bulls are blindingly fast in qualy runs, however not so impressive in race simulations. Besides, when you have hamilton, alonso and the schuey you can never have a championship decided in july at the 12 th race of the season ;p. There was only one who was doing it and he is in an inferior car now ;), so dont worry. we ll have a stunning season again.

Edit: i'm just unsure whether the racing wont become too boring in terms of overtaking, now that we have that Rear wing system. what do you think about it ?
Date: February 20, 2011 07:56AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
We need to wait until Massa and Hamilton do a race simulation today or tomorrow to get a better gauge of the race performances.

I agree that Red Bull have a big margin in qualifying, but I am yet to be convinced that they are unbeatable in the race.

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean that they will get a lot of poles, as they may use their advantage to qualify on the harder tyres for a strategical advantage.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 20, 2011 11:44AM
Maldonado is doing a cracking job already this season. I've lost count of how often he's stuck it in the kitty litter.

I liked him a few seasons ago in GP2 - not because he's good, but because he's entertaining. Always a good one to watch. He made Sato look consistent.

In other news, Typical British McLaren fans annoy me. I wish they'd stop calling the 26 'radical'. The ideas it uses have been done before, and they're still being used now, just in an ever-so-slightly different way. Typical British fans, dare I say new watchers since 2007, can't really be that naive can they? Do the text feeds and their contributors only cater for ITV viewers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2011 11:45AM by gav.
Date: February 20, 2011 12:32PM
Massa's looking more like his old self. He's stopped the session twice in 30 minutes with two spins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2011 12:32PM by gav.
Date: February 20, 2011 12:45PM
[www.facebook.com]

Ive heard/read alot of differeng opinions but it seems the media is being an arse. I guess there are always two or more sides to every story though. The link is worth a read...

Gav - just had to check whether i said radical or not :p

another wet morning... I suppose its good, the teams have had a chance to test both the wet nad intermediate tyres, and thankfully we've had no full wet days.

edit/ [www.auto-motor-und-sport.de]

guys on Atlas have translated it to say if Vettels 23.3 was 30kg of fuel, then the Williams can do that too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2011 12:54PM by chet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy