The 2011 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2011 Formula One Season
Date: February 16, 2011 07:48PM
Posted by: Slash
yeah, i think it may be a bit crazy, but maybe Kubica knows the car is competitive... and let's think for a bit of a crazy scenario... what if the car really is competitive and then Nick starts finding himself competing for the WDC???... it could happen, and what if Kubica suddenly recovers, and without knowing the consequences of his injuries the teams find themselves on a difficult debate where they'll have to choose between him and Nick... i know it's crazy but maybe Kubica was considering Liuzzi for all those reasons... he knows he would've been just a replacement...

i know some say, easy, he'd replace Petrov... but that means a lot of changes inside the team... it's like relegating him to No. 2 driver

but no doubt the best option for Renault, if they wanted the best interest of their company was Nick..., after all, apparently Kubica insisted a lot on letting them drive the rally race... why would they listen to him again, on this matter at least, where they have their own and best interest.

i don't know i might be talking @#$%&... lol,

GOOD LUCK NICK!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2011 07:49PM by Slash.
Date: February 16, 2011 09:39PM
Posted by: chet
I was confused by the report of Kubica wanting Luizzi. I mean the stats between Nick and Kubica speak for themselves. On paper you could try your damn hardest to split them but you wont get an addvantage either way. I would say Kubica is better, I would say he's got more potential to do more. I would very much like to see a quote from renault or kubica requesting Luizzi... he is one of the most over-rated drivers ever!

On the title, I suspect if Kubica recovers quicker than expected they will just tell him to sit out the season IMO.

I was wondering though, I suspect Kubica's contract is performance based on renaults side. Is he free to move for 2012?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 16, 2011 10:36PM
Posted by: danm
Trulli really needs to go. Hasn't done anything good in years.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 17, 2011 03:06AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
he had his moments. but it ws just that toyota destroyed every single driver they had...... panis, ralf, trulli. all of them just forgot that in F1 winning is everything, and not money
Date: February 17, 2011 08:15AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trulli really needs to go. Hasn't done anything
> good in years.

He's lost his consistency in recent years, but it doesn't mean he hasn't put in some good performances, like Melbourne and Suzuka 2009.

Even in 2010 he beat Kovalainen in the qualifying battle despite the common perception that he was much worse than Heikki.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 17, 2011 12:21PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Practice Session for GP2 Asia Series in Bahrain was postponed due to safety reasons. Source: Click Here
If this situation continues, the F1 race will be either cancelled or postponed. And I think the best choice is to cancel it. Something very bad could happen there...

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: February 17, 2011 12:58PM
Yes, and the government (and Saudi army helping them) have now demanded that ambulances stop treating the injured protesters according to the New York Times, and Reuters is now reporting that "60 people missing after police storm protest camp".

If F1 were to turn up as if nothing had happened, it would be disgraceful.

EDIT: The GP2 round has now been cancelled. There's no way this is going to blow over in the next few weeks, so the next step is moving the test and postponing the GP.

I know we had this debate before Korea, but it would be nice if they could reschedule it somewhere. Maybe Magny-Cours. The new motorway is open, all the hotels exist, and there is a month to go - I think it could probably happen if Todt pulled some strings. I'm sure there would be enough volunteers to fill the marshalling and officials positions.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 01:04PM by SchueyFan.
Date: February 17, 2011 01:10PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
More likely it'll be rearranged to a different date in the season, but Paul Ricard would be the more obvious choice as it's Bernie's own circuit and it's completely up to date.

Date: February 17, 2011 01:18PM
Posted by: marwood82
97kirkc Wrote:
> More likely it'll be rearranged to a different
> date in the season, but Paul Ricard would be the
> more obvious choice as it's Bernie's own circuit
> and it's completely up to date.

i didn't think it had grandstands anymore?
Date: February 17, 2011 01:22PM
Paul Ricard would be more likely as a replacement venue for the pre-season test. They could also use the sprinkler system for an afternoon of wet weather testing if the teams wanted it for the new Pirelli tests.

Having it in France could be a convenient way for Jean Todt to get a French GP back on the calendar as well.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 17, 2011 01:51PM
Posted by: marcl
They would just carry on testing in Spain I think.
Date: February 17, 2011 02:26PM
Posted by: Carlitox
If the Bahrain GP is going to be replaced, I'd choose one of this venues:
Magny-Cours: New motorway and facilities, and the circuit layout is spectacular, specially the first sector.
A1-Ring (Now Red Bull Ring): Nice track, it has been almost totally reconstructed and it's going to host the DTM to replace Adria Raceway.
Indianapolis: I don't know why Bernie just didn't do anything to keep F1 in the USA these years. This track is very good, americans love racing, and it could work well while we wait for the Austin GP.
Hermanos Rodríguez: Wouldn't it be great? In my opinion yes, but it's extremely unlikely, regardless of Sergio Perez and his fans. The layout, excellent.
Or the last option, the one I choose: Cancel it and don't replace it, at least for this year. 20 races is too much for the drivers, and it's good to give them a break.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: February 17, 2011 03:07PM
There's no chance of them having a race in the Americas ready.

Hermanos Rodriguez and A1-Ring aren't even FIA Grade 1 standard yet, so that isn't going to happen.

Abu Dhabi is probably the most likely track, as they've offered to host the tests and the race. If it's not that, I think Melbourne will return as round 1 ((Y)), as much as it would be good to see a French GP return.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 17, 2011 03:21PM
Posted by: Nickv
The GP2 race in Barhain has been cancelled.

There are also rumours of all the teambosses meeting this Sunday and looking at the possibility of hosting the first race in Barcelona.
Date: February 17, 2011 03:41PM
Posted by: marwood82
i'd be very surprised if it could be moved somewhere else at this kind of short notice.

the issues with ticket sales, hotels and travel for fans, teams and media etc would be huge

also as john booth pointed out to the bbc. a load of the kit needed to run the cars for a race weekend is already on its way there ahead of the pre season test.
you can't just magic it all somewhere else.
Date: February 17, 2011 03:46PM
Posted by: JackHammer
I don't think there would be enough time to completely re-arrange everything and get another race in to the Bahrain slot, so it looks like Australia will be the first race

Date: February 17, 2011 06:26PM
Posted by: chet
97kirkc Wrote:
> More likely it'll be rearranged to a different
> date in the season, but Paul Ricard would be the
> more obvious choice as it's Bernie's own circuit
> and it's completely up to date.

Ricard is hosting the le mans testing that weekend.

If it were to be replaced then I guess Barcelona would be the cheapest/easiest since the teams would be there, or could stay there.

I still think the race will go ahead however, and if not then I expect Australia to be the opener.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 17, 2011 06:50PM
Posted by: marcl
They could just host the race in Jerez.
Date: February 17, 2011 07:06PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
marcl Wrote:
> They could just host the race in Jerez.

No, they couldn't, for lots of reasons.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 17, 2011 07:36PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
They can't host it in Barcelona because so many people may have holidays and stuff booked for Spain's race, if they move it, many, many people won't be able to go.

I know it must be frustrating for Chet, who is going to the race but the other half of me wants it cancelled, it never had any business being the season opener anyway. Melbourne is much better.

I imagine it'll be put back to the end of the year and then the first race will be held at Melbourne.

That's if it's cancelled at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy