marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought the wing was meant to move back when the
> driver pressed the brake pedal.

I thought that too

Re: The 2011 Formula One Season
Date: February 15, 2011 02:21PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
gav, I think you're correct - the adjustable rear wing is only restricted in the race, the FIA have already said it's not limited outside of that, so if Ferrari's automatically closes when their drivers hit the break pedal it's because they've designed it like that, in which case, they haven't paid enough attention to what the rules say and it's an oversight on their part.

[Website]
Date: February 15, 2011 02:35PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
JackHammer Wrote:
> marcl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I thought the wing was meant to move back when
> the
> > driver pressed the brake pedal.
>
>
> I thought that too

That's correct, but in qualifying for example you can use it anywhere on the circuit. So in theory if you were able to, you could open the wing on the long right hander of turn 3 at Catalunya if you could get away with it.

The race is another matter obviously.

Date: February 15, 2011 02:42PM
Posted by: marcl
So that would give RBR an advantage over a quali lap, but if they had to touch the brake it would shut half way through a corner and cause more problems than its worth.
Date: February 15, 2011 03:10PM
Posted by: gav
I'd imagine the brake wing-closure would be turned off for the other sessions, and whichever button is used to open the wing will also be used to close it.
Date: February 15, 2011 03:56PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
The turn that Red Bull could apparently leave it open was Turn 4 at Jerez, which is flat, so it probably is true that the brakes do deactivate the wing.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 15, 2011 06:12PM
We may lose the 1st race of the year and the final test due to events taking place out there, Bernie is waiting to speak to them.

[www.autosport.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2011 06:13PM by marcl.
Date: February 15, 2011 06:15PM
Posted by: kubica2
just some more news on kubica. on sunday his condition got worse after the 9 hour friday operation, but getting better now, but has had to stay longer then expected in intensive therapy. Webber also visited him in hospital. also it looks like he lost about as much blood as Alex Zanardi in his horror crash in 2001. Kubica is much luckier but. he had 3 blood transfusions before the first operation, imagine if he had a rare blood type? he might be dead, thank god to blood doners.

[sport.onet.pl]

here is a nice photo of spanish f1 fans wishing Kubica well in Polish:
[m.onet.pl]

Its hard to fathom this long after the accident the poor guy still hasnt been finished operated on and is still in intensive therapy. you have to be mentally strong for that no matter if you have million dollar F1 money and the best doctors, it must be extremely painful.

To those that still dont believe Kubica had internal bleeding, lost a lot of blood and is lucky to be alive, read up on Barrichellos latest words, he was shocked when told of kubicas accident and was fearful for his life when told how much blood he lost. Kubica called Barrichello today, which is a nice gesture among f1 drivers, Its good to see this among f1 personal. Alonso, Webber, Boulier, Petrov, Briatore have visited him in hospital. others have talked to him on the phone.
Date: February 15, 2011 06:30PM
Posted by: gav
Oh for petes sake, he didn't have internal bleeding. The worries about damage to his internal organs were from the blood loss from his external injuries (hand/forearm in particular).

He did lose a lot of blood, but thankfully he didn't lose it as quickly as Zanardi. In Zanardi's case Terry Trammel, the the on-track orthopaedic surgeon who was the doctor immediately on the scene, said they had 135 seconds to save Zanardi's life, such was the speed with which blood was being pumped from his body.

Thankfully from Kubica's point of view the blood loss wasn't as rapid, and that afforded them time to deal with the situation in a more controlled manner.
Date: February 15, 2011 06:43PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
97kirkc Wrote:
> I'm sorry, and this isn't directed at you but many
> other people previous (journos that really should
> know better), but if someone else compares that
> STR to the double floor F92A I think im going to
> @#$%& scream.
>
> It really is just undercut sidepods, more like the
> leading edge of the F310. The F92A had exactly
> what it said on the tin, two distinct floors,
> which is much different. ScarbsF1 has much to be
> sorry for.

I've looked closer, and have seen the difference. Quite interesting, though.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: February 15, 2011 07:52PM
Posted by: chet
Bahrain GP is the biggest event of the year for the country. It was close to being made a bank holiday. Despite the sometimes less than empty grandstands and rather boring track the royal family have a passion for the sport. It gets so much attention out there, and they are doing a HELL of alot to get it more accessible to others and to produce these grandstand numbers they need...

This anger day and protests has caused more issues than they initially expected... two protestors have died, though i dont know the circumstances, but it seems tomorrow will be a key day. Some of the popular public areas have been vandalised too, shopping malls etc. But tomorrow I hear they assess the situation further. Im sure the prince will do alot to prevent it from effectign the race. Test days and GP2 tests next week (???) maybe not so but the race should be safe. I bloody well hope so because im going!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 15, 2011 10:10PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
As the circuit isn't within the confines of a city or town, it should be relatively simple to secure with enough man power available, if required. A perimeter around the circuit is easily do-able as it's just empty desert land. I suppose they'll see how GP2 and the F1 test goes before jumping to any conclusions.

Date: February 15, 2011 10:16PM
Posted by: Nickv
The hotels are in the city, and GP2 drivers who are already there have been having trouble in getting out of the hotel.
Date: February 15, 2011 11:18PM
Yup, most the teams and drivers stay at the ritz and thats well within the centre.

I expect the tests to be cancelled but not the race... I think it'll be sorted before then.

Though, good news, i know lsat year JB was having a place built on the circuit side of the island, it was a gift to him from the prince. idk if its built though, but maybe he'll be the only one on time for sunday :p

Date: February 16, 2011 07:42AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
97kirkc Wrote:
> As the circuit isn't within the confines of a city
> or town, it should be relatively simple to secure
> with enough man power available, if required. A
> perimeter around the circuit is easily do-able as
> it's just empty desert land. I suppose they'll see
> how GP2 and the F1 test goes before jumping to any
> conclusions.

True, but they also need manpower in the city centre to look after the protesters. Also, these protests are pretty widespread, so it's easier said than done just to close the land off.

They can also delay the race if needed and put it after Shanghai, or before or after Abu Dhabi.

The GP is an obvious symbol of government money, so the protesters aren't going to just forget about it.

I suppose they could give some tickets to the protesters and maybe finally fill the grandstands ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 16, 2011 06:33PM
Well a picture has been posted on Twitter by a GP2 driver and the circuit is blocked.
Date: February 16, 2011 07:08PM
Posted by: Twigster151
Renault have confirmed Heidfeld

[www.formula1.com]

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: February 16, 2011 07:24PM
Posted by: Slash
of course...., best option by far....
Quick Nick always ends without a drive for odd reasons..., but yeah he deserves it, imho
Date: February 16, 2011 07:32PM
Posted by: Carlitox
It was quite obvious by now, but they made the best choice.

I've read that Kubica wanted Liuzzi to be his substitute, but I think that Heidfeld is the best choice for the team. Liuzzi didn't push all he could last year and was easily beaten by Sutil. And the Force India wasn't a bad car.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: February 16, 2011 07:33PM
His last chance to make it in F1. If this is a good car he needs to deliver.

I believe this should give us a nice idea of whether Petrov has impoved or not, and whether he deserves his shot at F1.

Ideally for Renault, Petrov has to beat Nick... If Nick soundly beats Petrov in a similar manner to how Kubica did, then I would expect Petrov to be quickly replaced. Nick's new to the team, and has only had a few recent races. Petrov should really have the addvantage. Hopefully he clears off too and gives the seat to Kobayashi who will then go on to dominate the sport :p. (if only!)

I guess this comes as no supprise though, the idea of Luizzi in the car would have been a joke. The biggest waste of space (bar Scott Speed!) should piss off to another sport, his times up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy