The 2011 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2011 Formula One Season
Date: February 13, 2011 01:54PM
Posted by: marcl
Well Bruno who has hardly had any testing has already done better than Petrov, Renault need to really think about their driver line up.
Date: February 13, 2011 02:05PM
Posted by: msater
Heidfeld and Bruno would be an awesome pairing.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: February 13, 2011 02:09PM
Posted by: chet
Despite the wind and cloud, traack conditions are arguably better than what Petrov had. Still I agree, I would take Senna over Petrov any day.

I suspect if Petrov isnt performing by mid-season then they could well replace him with Senna. It seems fairly certain Nick will take the seat now... Apparently Boullier confirmed it would not be Senna, so that only leaves Heidfeld as a realistic choice. Though it would not be my decision, it seems fitting that the guy to replace Kubica is the guy who has proved to be every match of him.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 13, 2011 02:14PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I think I'd be right in saying that this is Nick's best seat since '08. I have read over the Internet that 'Nick's wasted all his opportunities to win', but he's barely had any.

He should have got the McLaren drive years ago, but Raikkonen got in ahead. It's not been plain sailing for ol' Nick, hopefully he can prove his worth.

As for Petrov, we'll see how he does in the first few races. If he continues to disappoint, Senna's in.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: February 13, 2011 03:28PM
Posted by: zulu_85
Well Petrov spent most of the two days he had trying to fix problems with the KERS, leaking fluids and brake issues, spending virtually the entire time he had making sure it was working properly before having a "proper" go at it next week - that's the excuse he put forward at the end of his run. Therefore a die-hard Petrov fan may argue that the car was in much better condition for Heidfeld and Senna too. Not sure they could get away with that though.

That said, it's very hard to find surprising the fact that at least Heidfeld is going much faster than Petrov, and furthermore I'd imagine, should Kubica be more than ready before the end of the season, most people would question why Renault shouldn't just field Heidfeld and Kubica. But at any rate, I personally wish Petrov well, so I hope he doesn't end up having/needing to be dropped...
Date: February 13, 2011 03:43PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Petrov ran tyre and fuel simulations. When it became time for his runs the car failed. He can't be blamed for the problems this week.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 13, 2011 04:12PM
Posted by: gav
He also spun off on both days, so he can be blamed for those. ;)
Date: February 13, 2011 04:19PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
zulu_85 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I'd imagine, should Kubica be more than ready before the end of the season, most people would question why Renault shouldn't just field Heidfeld and Kubica.

Russian money ain't free!

[Website]
Date: February 13, 2011 04:47PM
Posted by: zulu_85
@Gav - brake problems he said (though Piquet used to say that a lot after his offs - though that was during races, not during development runs) - that and he clearly doesn't like/hasn't got his head around KERS just yet, IMO.

@Ferrari_Fuhrer - well, quite! But performance wise, Heidfeld and Kubica are known to complement each other very well and made BMW a very strong team, when the team's heads were correctly engaged. Which is why I really hope Petrov does perform well this year, so he proves he's a credit to the team and so other people don't just view him as a huge bag of Rubles actually just weighing them down. I almost *want* Renault's decision come Kubica's return to be really difficult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2011 04:49PM by zulu_85.
Date: February 13, 2011 08:12PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Bruno never had a chance against Nick, Eric Boullier clearly stated they need someone with experience in F1 to help steer car development. Had it been Petrov who got hurt, Bruno would have been put as the driver.
Date: February 13, 2011 09:04PM
Posted by: IWE
marcl Wrote:
> Well Bruno who has hardly had any testing has
> already done better than Petrov, Renault need to
> really think about their driver line up.

Thanks to Heidfeld Bruno had also much better base setup to use compared to Petrov.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: February 14, 2011 01:33AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
I don't understand why Bruno Senna is regarded as being deserving of a Renault seat, Klien came straight into HRT having never driven the car and showed him a clean pair of heels!
Is it just his name?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2011 01:33AM by salvasirignano.
Date: February 14, 2011 01:56AM
Posted by: EC83
I don't think it's about him deserving the Renault seat, it's more about wanting to see what he might do given an opportunity in a decent car, as opposed to a lemon like the 2010 HRT.

Date: February 14, 2011 04:57AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
i just want to see him opening his visor once again, like when he did in bahrain after he retired. it looked so much senna like. :) For me personally it is not his skills. It is just that his name is senna and because he looks pretty much like ayrton in that car with a helmet on his head. And honestly i dont think he will be much worse than petrov. actually i think he might even go faster. As for klien.. he had his chance and i dont remember him doing anything in the red bull, except a lost 3 rd place in monaco 2006 because of an engine gremlins. Sorry but for 3 years in F1 without even 1 shining race.... of course we will be willling someone new, especially when his name is senna. Also he did a good job today in the renault in my view.
Date: February 14, 2011 04:58AM
Posted by: Slash
salvasirignano Wrote:
> I don't understand why Bruno Senna is regarded as
> being deserving of a Renault seat, Klien came
> straight into HRT having never driven the car and
> showed him a clean pair of heels!
> Is it just his name?

imho, i think it is... it certainly helped him stay a bit longer.... Chandhock, Klien deserve the same opportunity or better, but their last name are not as popular
Date: February 14, 2011 11:12AM
Posted by: marcl
I also do not think Bruno should get the drive, I do not think he pushed 100% last year.
Date: February 14, 2011 12:24PM
Posted by: Carlitox
The perfect pair of drivers for LRGP is Heidfeld-Senna. But, you know, Petrov brings the sponsors in...

It would be amazing if Heidfeld stays there after Kubica's comeback, just like BMW Sauber from mid 06 to 09.

marcl Wrote:
> I also do not think Bruno should get the drive, I
> do not think he pushed 100% last year.

Maybe. But the car wasn't able to push much, wasn't it? Take Vettel and put it into a Virgin. I'm sure he wouldn't be doing much.
My point is: When a good driver (and I'm sure Bruno is one) gets into a bad car, the bad car makes the good driver look as bad as the car is. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's honestly what I think.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: February 14, 2011 12:32PM
Posted by: elio
Senna jr is no muppet in a racing car. Having seen him race in lower formulae, he put on some great shows. His name is a massive advantage of course but the F1 world is more about money and results than sentimentality. Granted that Senna ought to have ready access to the former, but Renault (I can't bear to call them Lotus!) wouldn't be considering him if they didn't think he could get the job done.

As for Quick Nick - I've always been a fan, but it really feels as if the best has past, sadly not when he had a decent car (most of the time). If he does get it I would love to be proved wrong, but the best he could achieve? A podium in lucky circumstances?

Just read that the Barrichello in the Williams produced some good times at Jerez. I would LOVE to see Williams get back into the 'first division' in 2011. Mind you it is a good job that it is not a beauty contest as Barrichello's team mate would put them on minus point before the first race!
Date: February 14, 2011 03:12PM
Posted by: danm
Kubicas condition 'worse' based on girlfriends observations since his last operation. Not good. :(

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 14, 2011 03:18PM
Posted by: vesuvius
danm Wrote:
> Kubicas condition 'worse' based on girlfriends
> observations since his last operation. Not good.
> :(

but those words were already denied by Kubica's manager, who claimed polish television has given wrong information to everyone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy