Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2011 Formula One Season
Date: February 11, 2011 06:54PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
does anybody know if schumachers time was with lighter car than massa/
Date: February 11, 2011 06:59PM
Posted by: Ilkayplaya
It was definitely with super-soft tyres (Massa with harder tyres). I won't be surprised if it was with less fuel too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2011 07:00PM by Ilkayplaya.
Date: February 11, 2011 07:05PM
Posted by: alexf1man

See latphoto.co.uk for more images

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2011 07:08PM by alexf1man.
Date: February 11, 2011 07:54PM
Posted by: Slash
Ilkayplaya Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was definitely with super-soft tyres (Massa
> with harder tyres). I won't be surprised if it was
> with less fuel too.

mitadumapaga Wrote:
> does anybody know if schumachers time was with
> lighter car than massa/

Schumacher's fatsest lap was the first of a 10 lap stint, Massa's was the first of an 8 lap stint, we don't know what tyres Massa was on but Schuey claims he was on super soft
Date: February 11, 2011 09:38PM
thnx slash. what i meant was if schumnachers time is a good orientation for his possible pace or rather not ? :)
Date: February 12, 2011 10:20AM
Posted by: marcl
MS was meant to be on the super softs massa on the hard, so yeah MS time is not great.

But it is the long stints you want to look at and rbr are way ahead of the rest.
Date: February 12, 2011 11:09AM
Yesss. Newey has done it again. Bad news for ferrari thow
Date: February 12, 2011 11:16AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It definitely is encouraging to see Schumacher and Massa on top of the times, regardless of the circumstances, and it makes this season look even better if possible.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 12, 2011 03:08PM
Posted by: senninho
Heidfeld doesn't seem to be doing his chances too much harm. Fuel and tyres aside, that's much quicker than Petrov was yesterday.

Date: February 12, 2011 03:26PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Yep, I doubt Senna can match that. Very good effort indeed.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: February 12, 2011 04:04PM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
Heidfeld seems to have been going well all day..having just beaten Alonso's fastest time to go top.

Of course there's fuel, tyres and whatever programme Renault are running. But if I was Renault, I would start getting him ready for Bahrain.

The Malaysian Lotus team look like they're going to have a better season already as well....though thats not too hard to achieve given their change in engine and gearbox suppliers and how slow they were last year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2011 04:05PM by Gord_on_wheels.
Date: February 12, 2011 05:08PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I'd love to see Lotus in the top ten a few times this year. Trulli's no qualifying lemon either - you could see him further forward than you might anticipate. I hope it's reliable though.
Date: February 12, 2011 05:32PM
It definitely looks quite encouraging for them so far.

Not having KERS will be a challenge, but I think they can regularly get among the Saubers and Toro Rossos, and maybe even Petrov and Maldonado.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 12, 2011 05:33PM
Posted by: Carlitox
Heidfeld or De la Rosa were LRGP best choices, and I think they've made no mistake. Heidfeld is very skillful, he is a perfect "teacher" for Petrov, and I think Kubica will cheer up if he's his substitute. After all, they were good friends at BMW.

@Loque I'm sure Lotus (the Malaysian one) will score some points this year. At least ten points, that's for sure. They've improved in all areas, and as you said, Trulli is an excellent driver. He deserves much more than just Monaco 2004. And Kovalainen is not bad, but he could have done much better in McLaren, at least in 2008. Just one win due to Massa's engine failure is not significant, unlike Trulli, who did an excellent race from PP in Monaco 04.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: February 12, 2011 07:17PM
Yes, it will be interesting to see how the Lotus drivers go in 2011

Trulli beat Kovalainen in qualifying in 2010, but there was a general perception that Kovalainen did a much better job. I suppose he did have some better race performances, but in the Lotus, it was pretty much pot luck whether your car would expire or not, and Trulli had slightly more mechanical issues than Kovalainen.

If it wasn't for the whole Lotus saga, you would think it would be Trulli or Kovalainen moving up to Renault, and Chandhok coming in at Lotus.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 13, 2011 01:38AM
Posted by: marcl
I did think that Kovalainen would have moved as he has driven for them before, but as you say the whole court thing would have put pay to that one.

Would be interesting to see what Renault would do if Kubica could come back later in the year but Nick was fighting for the championship.
Date: February 13, 2011 06:01AM
marcl Wrote:
> Would be interesting to see what Renault would do
> if Kubica could come back later in the year but
> Nick was fighting for the championship.

Get rid of Petrov and go for the constructors' championship as well! ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 13, 2011 11:09AM
Posted by: gav
marcl
I did think that Kovalainen would have moved as he has driven for them before, but as you say the whole court thing would have put pay to that one.

Don't forget who now powers Lotus, and while that deal was struck before Proton came along, relations can't be that bad between the two teams.

Proton are just sponsors of Renault, and that's who Fernandes has the issues with. I don't think the teams have any problems with each other.
Date: February 13, 2011 12:43PM
Posted by: chet
Meaningless maybe, but its never a bad thing to see a Williams topping a session :)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 13, 2011 12:49PM
Posted by: Nickv
Speaking of Williams, where's Dan to say this is going to be Williams' year? ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy