The 2011 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2011 Formula One Season
Date: February 09, 2011 08:09PM
Posted by: EC83
Nah, they'll choose Piquet. A Phoenix-like comeback.

Date: February 09, 2011 08:27PM
Posted by: vorkez
I think Heidfeld has the best shot. He can really help develop that car and push it forward and keep the team going until Kubica can come back.

Also, Williams going on the stock flotation... Do you think they'd be ok with me buying just one share? Would that be enough for me to have my name on the car? Lol
Date: February 09, 2011 08:43PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
97kirkc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [i2.photobucket.com]
> leKubicareplacement.jpg
>
> Obviously.

Greg Mansell? Nah, don't think so... ;)

-------------------------------------------
Date: February 09, 2011 08:44PM
Posted by: airefresco
Looks like it is between Heidfeld and Senna as Renault will be testing with them two and Petrov in Jerez.
autosport
Date: February 09, 2011 08:53PM
Anyone thinking there's a chance they could try both drivers and alternate them in the seat? Or do they have to choose one and go with him?

Date: February 09, 2011 09:03PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Apparently Williams have chosen a "retro" livery this year. Heard it mentioned briefly on F1 fanatic, can anyone confirm??
Date: February 09, 2011 10:29PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Yeah that's been doing the rounds for a few months. It was confirmed by Adam Parr/Sam Michael when a group of fans visited the HQ in early January. No details as such yet but the overalls Rubens and Pastor have been sporting are very similar to the Rothmans livery.

Date: February 09, 2011 11:11PM
Posted by: vorkez
I hope its the livery they sported with Sega! But only because I'm a Sonic fanboy!
Date: February 10, 2011 01:08AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
EC83 Wrote:
> Anyone thinking there's a chance they could try
> both drivers and alternate them in the seat? Or do
> they have to choose one and go with him?

I don't think so, because I think Boullier said he wants someone who can fight for the championship.

Maybe they'll do a 2010 Sauber with Heidfeld and hire him to develop the car and then replace him for the start of the year. They could do worse than getting PDLR to do some testing for them as well.

97kirkc Wrote:
> Yeah that's been doing the rounds for a few
> months. It was confirmed by Adam Parr/Sam Michael
> when a group of fans visited the HQ in early
> January. No details as such yet but the overalls
> Rubens and Pastor have been sporting are very
> similar to the Rothmans livery.

Rothmans livery, JPS livery, new Marlboro-based Ferrari logo, the anti-tobacco lobbyists are going to have a field day! ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 10, 2011 04:09AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Ferrari has been sued by Ford over the F150 name!

[adamcooperf1.com]

ROFL!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 10, 2011 04:23AM
LMAO at the photo they've used :D

Date: February 10, 2011 10:44AM
"That hard-won goodwill is seriously threatened by Ferrari’s adoption of “F150.”" - Uh? really? Are they so sure people are too thick to tell the difference?

This will hopefully go nowhere. Pointless tack from a typically American firm trying to squeeze some publicity out of nothing.
Date: February 10, 2011 10:52AM
Very good. Ok, so now that we know the facts, can we continue to discuss his replacement yet?
Date: February 10, 2011 11:46AM
Posted by: chet
EC83 Wrote:
> LMAO at the photo they've used :D

LOL! nothing said or done today can improve on that picture!!!!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 10, 2011 12:19PM
loque Wrote:
> "That hard-won goodwill is seriously threatened by
> Ferrari’s adoption of “F150.”" - Uh? really?
> Are they so sure people are too thick to tell the
> difference?
>
> This will hopefully go nowhere. Pointless tack
> from a typically American firm trying to squeeze
> some publicity out of nothing.

While some of the points are very Americanised - they have every right to do what they're doing. They tried to solve it without a lawsuit by contacting Ferrari to discuss the situation, but it seems that Ferrari couldn't be bothered to return the courtesy.

The F150 name is huge in America, to the point where several well known Journalists on Ferrari's launch questioned the name F150 on the spot for this very reason. Hell, even fans made the connection straight away.

Date: February 10, 2011 12:21PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
This will hopefully go nowhere. Pointless tack from a typically American firm trying to squeeze some publicity out of nothing.

BS. The F150 is a legendary name in the US. It's the equivelent of Mazda making a new car - the Mazda DB7. They'd be sued to high hell.

And Ferrari were just asking for it with the logo.

Ford:

Ferrari:

That's not even trying ffs!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 10, 2011 02:20PM
Posted by: Slash
very good oportunistic move on Ford, but yeah Ferrari asked for it... hell when i first heard the name i thought it was lame for a Ferrari Grand Pix as i already associated it with the truck... in fact i was waiting for a good photoshop to appear on the site as a "leak of first images from the car".. but yeaah the balance bewteen who's using it to make a profit imho is totally on Ford's side, as minimal as it can be

about Kubica replacement, i don't think they are considering Kimi (he's done nothing after winning that championship and last years most of the races he finished, were with the car upside down), if they really want to have the team's best interest, they rather go with Heidfeld, anybody else means more costs less bennefit.. at least in the short time which i think is what they need right now

Ferraris' new name for the F1 machine.. F1-50
Date: February 10, 2011 02:28PM
Posted by: senninho
I don't know what jurisdiction they are suing them in, but in the EU trade mark infringement is based on the likelihood of a 'reasonable person' becoming confused between the two marks.*

In this case, Ford would need to prove that Ferrari's use of the mark, and the subsequent confusion, would cause a loss of goodwill or business, etc. Although F1 doesn't actually enter the US at the moment, Ford would probably be able to win the case simply by pointing out that both companies sell cars. It seems a bit silly tbh, as most people can tell a Ferrari and a Ford apart...

* I know that's massively over-simplified. Sosumi ;)

Date: February 10, 2011 02:39PM
They are after standard compensation for the whole ordeal and they do not want the Ferrari F150 trademark or any related products being sold or distributed in the US.

Date: February 10, 2011 02:49PM
Posted by: kimifanaat
Ferrari said that the car will now be called 'F150th Italia'. So lame, just call it F2011 or something like that!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy