Re: The 2011 Formula One Season
Date: February 07, 2011 03:35PM
Posted by: Nickv
kubica2 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so go make love to gav
> with your vagina and leave your disrespectful
> words at home and away from here.

There's this proverb that applies to this. Something with pots and kettles IIRC.
Date: February 07, 2011 03:44PM
Posted by: chet
Haha nick! Its just a hope :p! Ideally every car would be within a few hundreths of the quickest car :p!

Kubica2- they might have not have made the decision but they are no doubt thinking about it.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 07, 2011 04:56PM
Posted by: zulu_85
Not trying to be pedantic but:

(from [en.espnf1.com])
Meanwhile, Renault boss Eric Boullier, who said on Sunday it was too early to start thinking about a replacement, has admitted the team is now considering its options.

"Of course we have already started to think and work on a contingency plan," he told BBC Sport. "He is definitely out for a couple of months. I expect the recovery will be quicker than one year, but today it is a little bit too early to know how long it will take to recover."

This should hopefully lay the argument to rest.
Date: February 07, 2011 05:16PM
Posted by: msater
Sorry kubica2, but Dave and gav are right. Renault are discussing their contingency plan, and we're speculating what it will happen because of it.

We feel for Kubica, and recognize what pain he must be going through, but the world (and F1) has to move on.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: February 07, 2011 05:33PM
Posted by: Ilkayplaya
msater
Sorry kubica2, but Dave and gav are right. Renault are discussing their contingency plan, and we're speculating what it will happen because of it.

We feel for Kubica, and recognize what pain he must be going through, but the world (and F1) has to move on.

There is no right or wrong, these are just opinions and attitudes towards life. But let's just finish this discussion, 'cause no one will change his opinion.
Date: February 07, 2011 06:01PM
Posted by: slider
"disrespectful" ? To the people that believe that discussing Kubica's replacement is disrespectful because there's a man injured in hospital, I ask the question: What would YOU do if you were the Renault Team Principal?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: February 07, 2011 06:07PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Exactly. It's not going to stop us or the media speculating. We know there's a very talented racer with a serious injury, and that it's going to take a while for him to recover.

Renault will be discussing this, as will we. Of course it's going to be talked about. It's not disrespectful, as we all know he won't be ready in time for the first few races. And if now is not a good time to talk about it, when should we speculate?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2011 06:07PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: February 07, 2011 06:10PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ilkayplaya Wrote:

> There is no right or wrong, these are just
> opinions and attitudes towards life. But let's
> just finish this discussion, 'cause no one will
> change his opinion.

He is wrong. A driver crashed and we're discussing his replacement. This is a discussion board. BS comments like this are against the theme of the thread and detract from the friendliness of the discussion whish is between individuals with a passion for their sport/interest.

Mods should be removing Kubica2's comments and administering a warning for trying to tell people that how they think and act is wrong. This is against the rules of the forum and just plain annoying. He only wrote those comments in order to illicit a response or to manifest feelings of guilt in the people he was referring to - just to make himself feel above us somehow. In other words, he was flaming.

As Gav said - grow a pair. It's logical to discuss Kubica's replacement. Why not follow a sport like snooker or golf where the risk of injury and having to deal with it is less likely? Can't stand the heat? Get out of the kitchen.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2011 06:17PM by loque.
Date: February 07, 2011 06:15PM
Posted by: senninho
Nickv Wrote:
> kubica2 Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > so go make love to gav
> > with your vagina and leave your disrespectful
> > words at home and away from here.
>
>
> There's this proverb that applies to this.
> Something with pots and kettles IIRC.

I'm pretty sure it's something like:

As several have mentioned, this is a discussion forum. No-one guarantees that the consensus matches your opinion. If it doesn't, you just have to get over it. Childish comments directed at Dave certainly won't fix it.

Date: February 07, 2011 06:50PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Grow up man. This is a forum, not an obituary service. People discuss current affairs. Kubica'S replacement falls firmly into that category.

On the subject, I think Hulkenberg did well against a much more experienced driver last year, and much better than a certain Bruno would have done.

Though it seems Renault have some kind of sentimental play going on, despite them not even being Lotus at all.

If they want 2 very talented teammates who can push one another very hard, Hulk is your man.

On the other hand, if you want 2 paccaro's - in the words of our friend Flavio Briatore - Senna is your man.

The reason I say that is because this would put Petrov in a comfort zone, thinking beating his awful teammate is good enough.
Date: February 07, 2011 07:20PM
Posted by: alexf1man
I think Renault won't be any higher than 7th this year because of the crash, no matter how good the car is.

Wkrótce wyzdrowieje Robert (from Google Translate) original message: Get better soon Robert

@Matt3454 (below) if you are referring to me, I am only doing this based on the top 5 ending as they start, had Robert not suffered the crash. Also this is if their car is quite close to Williams / Force India on performance terms which I think is below their capability.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2011 07:37PM by alexf1man.
Date: February 07, 2011 07:29PM
Posted by: matt3454
I think writing off Bruno is a bit harsh, the car he was in last year was a complete dog. Although I would go with someone like Hulkenberg purely down to his experience with Barichello/Williams.

Date: February 07, 2011 07:41PM
Posted by: gav
I apologise if I offended anyone with my stance, Ilkayplaya and kubica2, but if someone is hurt, then the rest of the world doesn't sit around praying non-stop until they're better. Things move on but it doesn't mean they're not in our thoughts.

I won't apologise for my opinions about whether we should or shouldn't discuss replacements, but if you feel it necessary I apologise for the strong wording of my last post earlier today.

[Probably best not to read if you're very squeamish] For the record, Kubica's injuries are as were said - no doctor (who has been involved) have said anything about any (significant) internal injuries - the bleeding was from the hand/arm/wrist being partly severed - you can even see a lot of blood on the road in one of the photos of the car.
Date: February 07, 2011 08:11PM
Posted by: casabonka
well breaking away from the Kubica talks (whilst im releived he is slowly making progress)
The new Virgin is interesting - it does look like a basic evolution. as long as mechanically (hydraulics) its much better they might go ok.

Only Force India tonight and HRT to go now.

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: February 07, 2011 08:17PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I like the Virgin but from the front it reminds me of the Midland from 2005.
Date: February 07, 2011 08:18PM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
7 February 2011 by Keith Collantine NO SOURCE GIVEN - ARTICLE EDITED

Renault have given encouraging signs about Robert Kubica’s progress following his rally crash yesterday.

A statement issued by the team confirmed he has been able to move the fingers in his damaged hand following yesterday’s surgery.

Copyright laws do not allow the entire test of an original article to be posted

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2011 09:54PM by mortal.
Date: February 07, 2011 09:52PM
Posted by: EC83
kubica2 Wrote:
> so go make love to gav
> with your vagina and leave your disrespectful
> words at home and away from here.

Go there if you want, but now you're just using Kubica's injury as a thinly-veiled excuse to attack respected people. Now that is very disrespectful, puzzling considering you're clearly a Kubica fanboy, and very unwise of you in general.

Get a @#$%& grip. Not only is there no disrespect going on, but if you actually knew Dave and Gav, even you might realise how much crap you've been spouting, for which you owe them a massive apology. I strongly suggest you actually use what limited brainpower you have before posting here again.

Oh, and if I see any childish replies aimed at me about not having a pair, being a tool, making love or vaginas, I'll open a can of whoop-ass on you. Stupid trolls are a pet hate of mine. Cheers.

Ilkayplaya Wrote:
> But let's
> just finish this discussion, 'cause no one will
> change his opinion.

Discussions don't work like that. If user A posts inflammatory crap then users B, C and D are entitled to say what they think about it.
And he'd better change his opinion, or there's a good case right here for banning him.

Date: February 09, 2011 07:14AM
Posted by: Ilkayplaya
For those who are interested: "Senna, Heidfeld and Liuzzi in frame for Kubica’s drive"
Date: February 09, 2011 07:51AM
Posted by: EC83
As I would've said last night - The Virgin definitely looks nice, evolutionary rather than revolutionary design, looks much cleaner and tidier, probably as a result of CFD fine-tuning, as said already. Hopefully there'll be a corresponding improvement in performance and they'll get nearer the mid-field this year.

Regarding Kubica's drive - My heart says Senna, but my head still says Heidfeld.

Date: February 09, 2011 07:52AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I don't think Bahar will be able to resist the promotional benefit of putting Senna in the car unfortunately.

Of those three, Heidfeld is easily the best option for me. Great at developing the car, some knowledge on Pirellis, will do a solid and consistent job as a foil to Petrov's aggression, etc.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy