The 2011 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2011 Formula One Season
Date: February 06, 2011 07:58PM
Posted by: marcl
^Was thinking the same thing 2nd time lucky.
Date: February 06, 2011 08:01PM
Posted by: chet
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A reserve driver is for 1 or 2 races. See Vettel
> at BMW. In Kubica case Renault may need a long
> term replacement, and Heidfeld fits that much much
> better than the team of reserve drivers they have.

Maybe so, but without Kubica Renault are not going to fullfill that cars potential, and they wont with Nick IMO.

I would rather see the team give Senna a chance in a car we can use to judge his performance, I mean using the HRT would be silly. Although he never proved to be as quick as Klien in qualifying trim he was as quick as both Klien and Karun during a race.

Try Senna out, give him the 1-2 races, and if he proves to be awful, then maybe give Heidfeld a go, or even Grosjean but I'd be disapointed if Senna never got a chance, given Nick's had enough chances already. Hell, if Senna isnt so great, then I would rather see Renault buy-out Hulks contract at FI. Nick is an okay driver but i would be a shame to see him get a seat and yet another young talented driver sit on the sidelines.

But yeah, as I said, this is such a shame, they promised alot for this season and given last years performance then aiming for podiums seemed very plausiable this year. If that is the case and the car is quick enough for podiums then we've certainly lost the chance to see a dark horse title challenger.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 06, 2011 08:03PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
If Kubica's out for more than half a season, a replacement like Heidfeld should be in there. Otherwise, Renault should just pop Senna in the car.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: February 06, 2011 08:05PM
Posted by: james84
From Autosprint.it
Solo dopo le 21, quando terminerà il delicatissimo intervento chirurgico cui è stato sottoposto, sapremo le reali conseguenze di cui soffrirà Robert Kubica nei giorni a venire. Il pilota polacco è sotto i ferri da metà pomeriggio; i medici tra cui il professor Igor Rossello, un luminare della microchirurgia della mano, stanno cercando di ricucire i tessuti e riattaccargli la mano destra che è andata praticamente spappolata nell’incidente. Il guard-rail che è penetrato nell’abitacolo ha quasi tranciato i tessuti della mano, ma fortunatamente l’arteria era integra quindi con un difficile intervento si sta lavorando sull’arto di Kubica per vedere se si riuscirà a salvarlo. In caso contrario verrà completata l’amputazione. La mobilità futura della mano, in un caso o nell’altro, è ancora tutta da verificare.
Destano meno preoccupazioni le altre ferite riportate da Kubica che è rimasto intrappolato quasi 90 minuti nell’abitacolo della Skoda S2000. Le fratture sono molte, sia al braccio che al femore. Ricordiamo che dal 2003 Kubica porta una placca sul braccio destro che aveva già rischiato di perdere a causa di un altro incidente. Ma a causa del notevole numero di trasfusioni cui il pilota polacco è stato sottoposto, la prognosi è comunque riservata.

ENG: "Only after 9pm, when the surgical intervention will finish, we will be able to know Kubica's consequencies for the future. The pole is under knives from mid-afternoon; doctors are trying to re-attach tissues and re-attach his left hand that has been smashed in the crash. The guard-rail, which penetrated in the cockpit, almost severed the hand, but luckily the artery was ok, so with a difficult intervention they are working to save the arm, which will otherwise be amputated. Anyway, nobody knows whether the Pole's hand will get completely fit.
The other injuries are not as serious though. There are many fractures both on the arm and leg. Kubica has a metal plate on his right arm, which he almost lost in 2003, but the many transfusions he had make a prognosis reseved (this means that we don't know hom many days it will take to him to get better)".
Date: February 06, 2011 08:05PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Maybe so, but without Kubica Renault are not going to fullfill that cars potential, and they wont with Nick IMO.

I agree. But he'll get a lot more out of it than Senna will. Renault already have a #2 driver in the form of petrov. They don't need another #2 when Hulk and Heidfeld have no race seats.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 06, 2011 08:11PM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
Well, if there was ever a time for Petrov to prove his place in Formula 1....this is it. Who ever drives the number 9 car in Bahrain, the team will need some good results to lift them...must be such a blow for them.

Remember how Kimi Raikkonen suddenly came alive after Massa's crash? Petrov really needs to do this for the team. This is a real chance to prove himself.

We shall see.

Edit: In no way am I comparing Petrov's ability to Raikkonen's by the way. Just saying how he needs to provide a boost for the team with some solid results.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2011 08:21PM by Gord_on_wheels.
Date: February 06, 2011 08:53PM
Posted by: Carlitox
james84
The guard-rail, which penetrated in the cockpit, almost severed the hand, but luckily the artery was ok, so with a difficult intervention they are working to save the arm, which will otherwise be amputated.

That's horrible... I've no words for this. :( I'm praying for him ATM... I want to see him racing, at least from the Spanish GP! Go Robert!

EDIT: NO RISK OF AMPUTATION!!!! ;)
Source: Click Here

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2011 08:55PM by Carlitox.
Date: February 06, 2011 09:00PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
I was right regarding chandok lol

[www.grandprixgames.org]

october 5th, seeing chandoks dad in lotus haha

Date: February 06, 2011 09:01PM
Posted by: zulu_85
[en.espnf1.com]

Some of the above information plus Kubica's agent is sounding quite bullish about his future but then I'd agree; Kubica has always struck me as the kind of man who would fight his way back through injury - as long as the current surgery is successful, which I think everyone really believes/hopes it will be.

As for Petrov...he has to be strong for the team, i.e. be consistent and fortheloveofGod not throw the car away but as per performance...that's going to be very hard for us to judge - unless he gets thrashed by Senna/whoever - because Kubica equated the experience in development and the benchmark in pace. If Petrov trundles around outside the points at Bahrain...who knows whether that's the Renault's pace at that point? Although, yeah, depends on how well his fresh-in-the-team team-mate fares.
Date: February 06, 2011 09:07PM
Posted by: gav
The problem is that what ESPN and Morelli say are completely different things.

As far as we know, surgery isn't even over (it was expected to last until around now), and Morelli was attending a press conference some 4 hours ago.
Date: February 06, 2011 09:39PM
Posted by: kimiraik
Il dott. Igor Rossello, uno dei componenti delle due equipe, ha fatto sapere che "se l'operazione è andata bene, ci vorrà un anno di riabilitazione".

Dr. Igor Rossello, a component of the two teams, said that "if the operation went well, it will take a year of rehabilitation. "
Date: February 06, 2011 10:40PM
Posted by: Slasher
Hulkenbergs chance?
Date: February 06, 2011 10:49PM
Posted by: chet
I assume this means Senna will be at Jerez?

Failing using Senna or Hulk, then they should be on the phone to Kimi and Citreon!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 06, 2011 10:51PM
Posted by: Chrische
first of all, it's great that rob has a good chance of full recovery, at least that's the way it sounds (1 year of rehab),
hope everything turns out well and we'll see him soon on track :)

btw, i can't believe how disrespectful some people here are in this situation, anyone who likes f1 pretty much likes the drivers for what they do,
that is pushing the cars to the max even though they're aware of the things that (still) can happen..
and it's not right to discuss potential drivers who might do the job, since that is so unimportant right now (omg that kind of behaviour makes me mad)..

so, before anyone here opens his mouth just to wonder who might get the renault cockpit instead of rob, get outta here!

regards
Chrische
Date: February 06, 2011 10:57PM
Posted by: gav
Chrische
and it's not right to discuss potential drivers who might do the job, since that is so unimportant right now (omg that kind of behaviour makes me mad)..

Do you really think Renault haven't been thinking about their 2011 drivers today?
Date: February 06, 2011 11:04PM
Posted by: Chrische
Well, i'm pretty sure they already knew who it would be, even before today ;)
i explicitly meant some people here and their attitude, for renault it's reasonable to have a plan b, whether things happen or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2011 11:07PM by Chrische.
Date: February 06, 2011 11:06PM
I hope he does make it back but I remember that whole Nannani thing when they said one year he will be back, he never was to F1 :( As I said lets hope that is not the same with Kubica and he gets back soon.

I bet all F1 teams now stop letting their drivers do other events.

As people have said already the last thing on Renaults mind today would would other drivers.
Date: February 06, 2011 11:14PM
Posted by: EC83
Wow.
Best wishes to Robert, as said already, not the first time he's been extremely lucky. And yes, shades of the accident for Nannini which cut short a top driver's career just as he was getting into his stride.
All the best to him in his recovery, hope it can be a full and relatively quick one, we'll get an idea over the next few days and weeks obviously.

Heidfeld should get the gig as his stand-in.

Date: February 06, 2011 11:23PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Image of the car before he was extracted:

[www.gry-online.pl]

Linked rather than embedded for obvious reasons. That's rough.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 06, 2011 11:26PM
Not really good news either, they wont know for a few days if his hand can be saved.

[www.autosport.com]

Cheers for the pic Dave, Kubica is lucky he even got out alive that is nasty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2011 11:30PM by marcl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy