The 2011 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2011 Formula One Season
Date: February 06, 2011 04:59PM
Posted by: Nickv
It probably refers to you saying that Senna was meant to be in that Renault seat and all the 'coincendences' pointed towards that. He thinks it's BS and inappropriate, with which I wholeheartedly agree.
Date: February 06, 2011 05:00PM
Posted by: Ilkayplaya
Guys, how can you already talk about a new driver who should replace Kubica??! Okay, it seems like he will miss a part or maybe the whole season, but it is really disrespectful to talk about such things without knowing the official diagnosis!!
Date: February 06, 2011 05:09PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> loque Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mitadumapaga Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > still, you cant deny that the coinccidences
> > became
> > > too much
> >
> > No comment.
> >
> what exactly do you mean ?:)

What I mean is that it IS all just coincidence. It's not even happy coincidence.

Senna is only in with a shout because he was dropped by HRT because he was shite.

The Lotus is only black because Renault stole the idea from Lotus.

This whole situation has only arisen because Kubica crashed and hurt himself.

I don't believe in fate, especially when you view each event individually. If this is fate, it's all pretty morbid.

EDIT: Nick yeah that's what I was getting at.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2011 05:11PM by loque.
Date: February 06, 2011 05:16PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
i guess i have to appologise then. I didnt mean to be disrespectful. And of course i hope robert will be fine. it is ridiculous to think other way around.
Date: February 06, 2011 05:18PM
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> i guess i have to appologise then. I didnt mean
> to be disrespectful. And of course i hope robert
> will be fine. it is ridiculous to think other way
> around.

I know :)

It's just because you mentioned it right after marcl's initial post.
Date: February 06, 2011 05:20PM
Posted by: da silva
Latest slight update (in italian):

E' ancora sotto i ferri, Robert Kubica. All'ospedale di Pietra Ligure il pilota polacco sta subendo un intervento di microchirurgia per salvare la funzionalità della mano destra (è esclusa l'amputazione) e ridurre la frattura alla gamba destra. Con lui ci sono il medico personale Riccardo Ceccarelli e il manager Daniele Motrelli, mentre i familiari sono in arrivo dalla Polonia. Data la complessità i tempi dell'operazione potrebbero spingersi fino alle 21 di questa sera. Intanto si è definita la dinamica dell'incidente. Kubica ha sbattuto contro il guard rail con la parte destra della macchina - dove è seduto il navigatore - quindi la vettura si è girata andando a sbattere con il lato sinistro contro la cuspide del guard rail successivo che ha sfondato l'abitacolo prendendo in pieno il pilota. Subito dopo l'incidente Kubica è svenuto. Poi ha ripreso conoscenza a tratti, senza rendersi comunque conto di quanto fosse accaduto. Ovviamente i sanitari non si sono ancora pronunciati sugli eventuali tempi di recupero, tantomeno sulla possibilità che Kubica possa o meno tornare a correre.
Date: February 06, 2011 05:28PM
English:
VERY loosely translated: :)

"It 's still under the knife, Robert Kubica. Pietra Ligure hospital in the Pole is undergoing a microsurgical intervention to save the functionality of the right hand (not including amputation) and reduce the fracture in his right leg. With him are the medical staff and the manager Riccardo Ceccarelli Daniele Motrelli, while family members are coming from Poland. Given the complexity of the timing of the operation could go down to 21 tonight. Meanwhile, we defined the incident. Kubica slammed into the guard rail with the right side of the machine - where the navigator is sitting - so she turned the car going to beat with the left side against the cusp of the next guard rail that broke through the cockpit, taking the full pilot. Immediately after the accident Kubica passed out. Then he regained consciousness at times, not understand, however, to what had happened. Obviously, health is not yet pronounced on any recovery time, nor the possibility that Kubica may or may not get back to racing."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2011 05:28PM by loque.
Date: February 06, 2011 05:37PM
Posted by: raulongo
What about signing Pedro de la Rosa? He's quite good and for god's sake, he knows all about Pirellis!!

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: February 06, 2011 05:55PM
Posted by: Morbid
nvm

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2011 05:57PM by Morbid.
Date: February 06, 2011 06:15PM
Posted by: james84
Well, in the end I'm glad to see his hand won't be amputated. I just hope to see him back on track soon!
Date: February 06, 2011 06:17PM
That's just one quote, I would wait until an official statement about the state of his hand.
Date: February 06, 2011 06:36PM
I totally agree.
Just one doubt (not Senna-related): has Kubica taken part in the rally against Renault's opinion?
If so, do you think this would harm his relationship with the team? In other words, if he recovers successfully (let's hope so) do you think he will be racing with Renault again?
Date: February 06, 2011 06:39PM
As Dave already mentioned earlier he had permission from Renault to enter a Skoda Fabia, so no.
Date: February 06, 2011 06:40PM
Ok, thanks.
Date: February 06, 2011 06:52PM
Posted by: gav
Forget the fractures and whether he'll race or not this season - how the hell is Kubica alive?

[www.flickr.com]
Date: February 06, 2011 06:58PM
Miracle or luck... It depends on your point of view!
Date: February 06, 2011 07:01PM
Posted by: chet
Hope he recovers quick and his back to racing if not this year then ASAP!

As for the replacement, then Senna as the assigned reserve driver, well he has to be the replacement, if its Heidfeld/Grosjean, then whats the point in assigning reserve drivers if your not going to use them :s.

But yeah, not read a great deal about the accident but hope its not a career ending accident, or an accident that compramises his speed.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 06, 2011 07:04PM
Posted by: senninho
gav Wrote:
> Forget the fractures and whether he'll race or not
> this season - how the hell is Kubica alive?
>
> [www.flickr.com]
> 848/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Bloody hell - I had to look a third time to see the hole. You're right - he's an extremely lucky man.

Date: February 06, 2011 07:43PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
As for the replacement, then Senna as the assigned reserve driver, well he has to be the replacement, if its Heidfeld/Grosjean, then whats the point in assigning reserve drivers if your not going to use them :s.

A reserve driver is for 1 or 2 races. See Vettel at BMW. In Kubica case Renault may need a long term replacement, and Heidfeld fits that much much better than the team of reserve drivers they have.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 06, 2011 07:44PM
Posted by: msater
senninho Wrote:
> Bloody hell - I had to look a third time to see
> the hole. You're right - he's an extremely lucky
> man.

Second time he's been lucky then. Think this might be the last time Renault allow him to compete in Rallies.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy