2010 Brazilian GP Official Thread *Spoilers*

Posted by Frantic 
Re: 2010 Brazilian GP Official Thread *Spoilers*
Date: November 07, 2010 02:49PM
Posted by: Frantic
Bruno Senna said that his team didnt changed his tyres and thats why he lost half a second with Klien.
Awesome drive from Hulk. Im expecting a stunning race, 1st, I´m not expecting a good start from Vettel. 2nd I dont know if all the top drivers will make Turn 2 , as i expect some crash
and i want Hulkenberg first at the end of the first lap, a nice train could be formed then

Date: November 07, 2010 04:00PM
Posted by: Carlitox
I don't know if anyone shared this fact, but apart from being Williams' first Pole since 2005, it's Cosworth's first Pole since the 1999 French GP, when Barrichello claimed it for Stewart GP (although the engine was named Ford)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: November 07, 2010 05:47PM
Posted by: matt3454
Red bull need to let webber through! If webber gets through then webber is only 1 point behind alonso, whereas now he will be 8

Date: November 07, 2010 06:01PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
matt3454 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Red bull need to let webber through! If webber
> gets through then webber is only 1 point behind
> alonso, whereas now he will be 8

Been discussing this. It's far too early to do that. If Alonso retires for example, do you swap them back? Because the momentum is with Vettel atm, and if he wins both races with Webber second (not out of the question, lets be honest), then Vettel wins the title if Alonso has an issue.

If Kimi taught us anything a few years back, anything can happen in these situations.

People should be applauding RBR for letting them go at it right now.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 07, 2010 06:13PM
Posted by: EC83
Great strategic race so far. C'mon Seb!

Date: November 07, 2010 06:37PM
Posted by: chet
good race :)!

Button made it work on sunday which is good.

RBR dominated and deserve the WCC. Well done to them :)

Abu Dhabi will be AWESOME!

Thing for Mclaren is; they can just match RBR and Ferrari on new tyres when RBR and Ferrari are on used tyres!!

Go Webber!

edit - respect for RBR for not telling Vettel to move over. Might have made their job harder in Abu Dhabi, but it will be a fair victory or loss. Well done to the team for that imo.

Also going to say, Lewis is going to be the key player at Abu Dhabi and deciding who wins imo.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2010 06:44PM by chet.
Date: November 07, 2010 06:54PM
Posted by: Thunderknight
All rigth guys, this is the situacion:

-Alonso wins the championship finishing ahead of the Red Bulls, or 1 place behind Webber (if Mark wins); could also been 4th if Vettel wins at Abu Dhabi...
-Webber wins the championship winning at Abu Dhabi, with Vettel 2nd, no mather how Alonso finishies.
-Vettel wins the championship winning at Abu Dhabi, with Webber 2nd and Alonso non better than 5th or 6th.
-Hamilton wins the championship winning the race, Alonso finishing 11th or worst, Webber finishing 6th or worst, and Vettel finishing 3rd or worst.

I would like the 3rd situacion, because i like Vettel, and 3 drivers would be tied at points (Vettel would win, because he got same victories, 2nd, and 3rd places than Alonso, but one more 4th place; Webber would have one less victory than Fernando adn Sebastian).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

GP4 Projects: - Button, Hamilton, Di Resta, Kovalainen and Ricciardo F1 2012 Helmets Released -
My GP4 Workthread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2010 07:00PM by Thunderknight.
Date: November 07, 2010 06:58PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Not a great race, but a tense one due to the championship situation.

Personally, it was very disappointing that Massa had a botched pitstop. He would have been ahead of Button and could have possibly threatened Hamilton with his tyre problems. At least he got to do some good overtaking. Hopefully he's getting rid of all of his bad luck before 2011.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 07, 2010 07:52PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Watching the RBR party on the BBC Post-Race forum is fantastic.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 07, 2010 08:23PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
Heard a few people saying ferrari will od better in abu dhabi. why? rb got 1-2 there last year.

I think alonso is gonna lost it at the last race. webber win, vettel second and even if alonso gets third its not enough for alonso.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: November 07, 2010 08:26PM
Posted by: chet
Would you expect anything less Dave :p? Going to catch the forum later if its on iPlayer.

Abu Dhabi will be interesting, Mclaren will enjoy the straight, and heaving braking areas. RedBul will enjoy the final sector and the chicanes, and Ferrari will probably enjoy it all.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 07, 2010 08:37PM
Posted by: Monza972
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Watching the RBR party on the BBC Post-Race forum
> is fantastic.

I love Red Bull's after parties. Imagine the party at Abu Dhabi if they clinch the drivers. Fire extinguishers everywhere!!!
Date: November 07, 2010 09:41PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I expect Red Bull to dominate at Abu Dhabi, they were fast last year and now they have even better car....is it enough for title is another question, I do hope so because because they deserve it.
Date: November 07, 2010 09:49PM
Posted by: Slash
i can smell Alonso winning Abu Dhabi

ahhhhhhhhhhh
Date: November 07, 2010 09:57PM
I can smell Alonso's engine smoke =)
Date: November 07, 2010 11:06PM
Posted by: EC83
Problem for RedBull is, they can dominate in Abu Dhabi and Alonso can finish behind one of them(if Mark wins) or both of them(if they repeat last year's result), and he'll still win it.
He's in a strong position.

Date: November 07, 2010 11:24PM
Posted by: shep34
I can smell a lot of whinging about the German GP win if Alonso wins the title! LOL....
Hoping that Webber wins the title next weekend, and just a tiny bit of bad luck to Vettel, forcing RBR's hand to finally support Webber.
Hmmm, wonder what the chance of rain is in Abu Dhabi??!!! LOL Nil. Which is probably the best thing for the title decider. Whoever has the best race day wins the title, and that should be the way it is. Hoping team orders dont come into play from any team, and the best man wins.

Having said that, Webber really shot himself in the foot in Korea with his early wreck. So, if he doesn't win, he can only blame himself. A Vettel title win would be a pretty outstanding one, given all his troubles all year with various accidents. And, as for Alonso and Ferrari.... well, I would just look back to the German GP and the subsequent slap on the wrist by the FIA on that.
Go Red Bull Racing!
Date: November 07, 2010 11:32PM
Posted by: gav
Alonso's been the best overall driver. Vettel's been the most unlucky. Webber has been the most consistent. Frankly they all deserve to win.
Date: November 08, 2010 01:38AM
Vettel has already confirmed he will help Mark in the final race if the situation for his title win is gone :)
Date: November 08, 2010 02:26AM
Posted by: Slash
wow just found this video, i noticed how Michael lost some positions after lap 1 but didn't notice it was Kubica who pushed him wide... he did the same in canada, sometimes Kubica is a bit wreckless, no wonder he's usually the first to change the fron wing (though this year he's been clean)... but yeah it was a bit dirty

i know some might defend him but i wonder if it was Michael it probably would've eraned him a penalty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy