2010 Brazilian GP Official Thread *Spoilers*

Posted by Frantic 
Re: 2010 Brazilian GP Official Thread *Spoilers*
Date: November 06, 2010 06:24PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
That. Was. Epic. Well done Hulkenberg, 1.1 second gap over Vettel is truly amazing.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 06, 2010 06:32PM
Posted by: EC83
Carlitox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's so nice to see Williams back in the top, at
> least in qualifying. I think it's been 5 or 6
> years since they last won a Pole Position.

Yep. Nurburgring, Heidfeld, 28/5/2005. So you're just about spot on.

Date: November 06, 2010 06:38PM
Posted by: J i m
And what's even more amazing, given how long it is since such a result for Williams, they simply shrugged it off... meh we're on pole so what. ;)

Date: November 06, 2010 06:59PM
Posted by: Jolkins
If I'm right, it's exactly 100 GP's since that pole in 2005.
Date: November 06, 2010 07:03PM
Posted by: marcl
Was a great session and well done to Nico, but look at his wing levels they have taken a risk there and in the dry he will lack pace. But not taking anything away from them. Williams will be praying for rain.

It is shaping up to be a good race as we all know Nico does not give up easy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2010 07:03PM by marcl.
Date: November 06, 2010 07:05PM
Posted by: Slash
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And what's even more amazing, given how long it is
> since such a result for Williams, they simply
> shrugged it off... meh we're on pole so what. ;)

it was, but they deserve to be up there, they've had some good cars handicaped by power.... one of the most genuine teams out there
Date: November 06, 2010 08:20PM
And it came at a damn good time for Hulkenberg, it's certainly not going to do his chances of staying at Williams any harm at all, and he's probably underlined his name on other short lists with that.

I hope Williams can convert it into a good result, the win, even a podium is probably out of the question assuming that the race should be dry, but p4-6 is on the cards, and if it's better by merit then it'd have also come at a good time for since they are losing RBS, Phillips and probably Air Asia over the winter.

Date: November 06, 2010 09:33PM
Posted by: alexf1man
This pole has come at a very pivotal time for Williams, in the fight to replace RBS (which is 84% owned by British taxpayers) and to beat Force India in the constructors.

Also Brundle said 1 minute into Q3: "Will somebody take a gamble on the dry tyres? ... It's unlikely, but if I was Barrichello or Hulkenberg... luckily you can't be any worse than 10th. It's worth the risk, not for the championship contenders (or the four that are through anyway) but it might be worth the risk"

EDIT @ J i m: funny that out of all the people in Q3 he named the two who worked together to get pole position.

And to think that they changed onto the dry tyres and made it work - maybe Williams were listening to the BBC feed back in Grove?

---

Can anyone find these pictures in high resolution?

[www.gettyimages.co.uk]

[www.gettyimages.co.uk]

[www.gettyimages.co.uk]

---

Raul, is that you in the pic you posted below?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2010 10:09PM by alexf1man.
Date: November 06, 2010 09:49PM
Posted by: raulongo
A picture is worth more than zillion words [twitpic.com]

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: November 06, 2010 10:07PM
um wat?

With regards to the slick tyre gamble... I don't think that was it, all the top ten at that stage had gone for slicks. Hulkenberg himself wanted to stay on inters and only changed to slicks because Barrichello had. But Hulkenberg got the slicks working in those conditions far better than anyone else, what's more, he didn't even need to complete that last lap, he already had bagged pole, going even quicker was simply the icing on the cake.

Date: November 06, 2010 11:07PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Nice Vettel finger there, Raul...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 07, 2010 02:12AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
I'm slightly late to the party as it were, however as a Williams fan this really made my day/evening...get in!

Date: November 07, 2010 02:13AM
Posted by: matt3454
uk only:

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Nico's pole lap.

He still had a few big twitches, but i think his exit out the last corner seemed a lot smoother than anyone elses.

Date: November 07, 2010 03:28AM
Posted by: Guimengo
So I just read that some armed group tried to rob Jenson :\. Luckily McLaren has specifically trained police officers from SP to choffeur some people around and they escaped unharmed.
Date: November 07, 2010 04:30AM
Posted by: Slash
i was just watching the video, wow i'ts unbelievable... 1 full second to the rest, he killed them all didn't he?...
one would expect this from an Alonso or a Hamilton, i know the circumstances where on his favour but still it's just impressive to watch
Date: November 07, 2010 06:14AM
Posted by: SAMF1
Wow williams really know how to use a cosworth

Date: November 07, 2010 10:45AM
Posted by: gav
That's some lap. Far more confidence (and thus I presume heat in the tyres) than anyone else.

How there was that much grip on the track I'll never know - there was barely a dry line for the majority of the lap! The twitch into Ferradura was pretty big - enough grip around the outside to gather it up and somehow make the apex for the 2nd part. Though as we all know he was already on pole when he started that lap - but he didn't know that at the time of course!

Still, I think there's a pretty big chance of Rubens beating him tomorrow. Nico's just going to go backwards in the race - throughout practice Williams didn't have any pace up the hill out of the last corner - and in the race it will only be worse with their relatively poor fuel consumption and thus heavier car at the start. I'll guess Vettel will beat him off the line too.

It'll be interesting to see how his head copes with the situation... and indeed how those in the title challenge cope with him.
Date: November 07, 2010 10:54AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Gav, don't forget that Rubens' Interlagos bad luck curse will come back at some point ;)

If Webber in particular gets stuck behind Hulkenberg it could be interesting as his temperament has been in question recently. Same for Vettel, and questions about his overtaking ability.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 07, 2010 11:09AM
Posted by: gav
Haha! Still, now he's cracked the finishing curse (even if there was bad luck on the way to that) and he's no longer in a winning car he might have a chance of seeing the flag again. ;)
Date: November 07, 2010 01:32PM
Posted by: chet
watched on live timing because my friends dont quite enjoy f1 as much as me.

even on live timing it looked awesome!

Williams on pole? best thing this season ever! if it was Rubens I would have made a sticky mess over the laptop. Great result. Now I just hope for a 1-2 :p

Also, Senna? the guy just hasnt got it has he. ive not wanted to admit it but thats simply the case.

A mention for Schumacher too. I would like to watch the qualifying just to see his laps. He has been shite this season but the last 2-3 races he really has come on strong and its good to see :)!

But yeah great result for Hulk. Just what he needed.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy