Official Italian Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by EC83 
Re: Official Italian Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 14, 2010 06:47PM
Posted by: Slash
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> actually there were 3 races in a row where schuey
> was really on the pace (as much as the merc.
> alllowed him to be) ---> Turkey, Spain, Monaco.
> Was that because mercedes changed the balance of
> the car more to schumacher's liking ?? And did
> they reverse the weight distribution again to the
> way that didnt suit schumacher afterwards ?
> i just wanna know if his bad results after the
> good ones were down to the car being changed to
> it's old self after Istanbul, or was the car still
> the one with the preferable weight balance for
> schumacher ?
> thanks

Ross Brawn said that they had to change the weight balance because they had it wrong, regardless of whether it was gonna fit Michael's style or not had they kept it as it was it could've been worst for them... i think the media blew things out of proportion saying it was all to benefit Michael more than Rosberg... the truth is he's ben there at some races, like Spa where he maintained the same speed as his teammate, and same at some races... i think theres a lot of factors obviously, as it's been mentioned it seems that it can't be developed much and remember that the car was made with Jenson input, so hopefully next year it'll fit him a bit better and more important it can be delevoped
Date: September 14, 2010 08:38PM
Posted by: gav
chet
I dont think its a case of Merc lacking development compared to the big ones, more so that because of the fundemental issues with the car, their developments seem to have little effect...

The problem is it's been the same every season since BAR came in. Other than the odd peak here and there, there's been sod all development compared to the teams around them.

Yeah, it might be different with Brawn and Merc, but given what we've seen in the past 2 years, nothing has changed.
What's a bit worrying is the lack of crowds in the main grandstand on Sunday

Its one thing getting low crowds in Bahrain or China, but gaps like this in countries with huge F1 support (Germany also had some gaps) isn't a good sign.

Maybe the prices are the barrier. I haven't looked closely at other GPs, but I know from Albert Park that the price of the major grandstands is not really worth it compared to what you can get for general admission or some of the other grandstands.

X (@ed24f1)
Possibly the worst picture you could find to illustrated it, given there isn't even a race on at that point.

I can find you a picture of Le Mans with no crowd, even during the race - doesn't mean it's empty.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 16, 2010 06:42PM
Posted by: Slash
yep, at the end opf the race a sea of people invaded the track.... must've been packed
Date: September 16, 2010 07:05PM
Posted by: chet
That picture looks like everybody is leaving their seats....

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Possibly the worst picture you could find to
> illustrated it, given there isn't even a race on
> at that point.

According to Joe Saward (where I got the photo from) it was on the out laps, about 30 minutes before the race, so it is a moderately reasonable depiction.

Saward can be unreliable, but I don't think he would make the point if the crowd suddenly poured in afterwards.

X (@ed24f1)
Maybe it's because Ferrari were crap last year, and cheated in July. People might have been betrayed by these recent events.
Date: September 18, 2010 03:36PM
Posted by: Hades
SchueyFan Wrote:
> What's a bit worrying is the lack of crowds in the
> main grandstand on Sunday
> Its one thing getting low crowds in Bahrain or
> China, but gaps like this in countries with huge
> F1 support (Germany also had some gaps) isn't a
> good sign.
> Maybe the prices are the barrier. I haven't looked
> closely at other GPs, but I know from Albert Park
> that the price of the major grandstands is not
> really worth it compared to what you can get for
> general admission or some of the other
> grandstands.

I was at Monza last weekend and there were really many people especially those that bought general admission ticket. During the race only grandstand that I saw half empty was number 18 just after Ascari. I'll go next year too and will also buy General admission ticket because its much more worth it. It costs about 80€ and you can see everything with it. This year when I wanted to see cars go really fast on straight I went on that straight after 2nd Lesmo. When I wanted to take nice pics I went to Parabolica or Ascari. Parabolica is really nice because cars are just few meters from you. :)
Btw that main grandstand on your pic costs more then 500€ and that's really expensive.

[hades3d.blogspot.com]
OK, thanks for the info Hades.

I would like it if you could post some of the pictures if you want. :)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 18, 2010 04:25PM
Posted by: Hades
I'm at work atm so I could only get some low res pictures :) First one is approx. 500 meters before Parabolica, 2nd and 3rd are on the exit of Parabolica and the last one is after Ascari :)

[hades3d.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy