There's still life in the driver market...

Posted by Incident 2k9 
There's still life in the driver market...
Date: September 20, 2010 10:43PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Jerome D'Ambrosio is to replace Lucas Di Grassi in the rest of the Friday first practice sessions. This is essentially what Force India and Lotus have done with Di Resta and Fauzy respectively, as part of an evaluation for next season.

Full story:
[en.espnf1.com]

There's also a young drivers' test after the last race which Esteban Gutierrez will test for Sauber, where he will also be their test & reserve driver for next year. So we've got two talented guys who have the opportunity to show if they're good enough for F1. Now I know that Di Grassi has been in one of the slowest cars this year, but it's clear that he isn't able to match Glock on a regular basis. I've really not seen enough from him to judge, but it appears that his F1 days are numbered.

So a quiet driver's market has moved forward a little bit. It will be interesting to see what the situations are like at Renault and Force India, and maybe Mercedes as well if the rumours of Schumacher's happiness have some bearing.

I would like to see as follows for the aforementioned teams:

Renault:
Kubica & Senna

Mercedes:
Rosberg & Sutil

Force India
Chandhok & Di Resta

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Re: There's still life in the driver market...
Date: September 20, 2010 11:35PM
Posted by: Monza972
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> Force India
> Chandhok & Di Resta

So wish that would happen!
Date: September 21, 2010 09:21AM
Posted by: msater
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Renault:
> Kubica & Senna
>
> Mercedes:
> Rosberg & Sutil
>
> Force India
> Chandhok & Di Resta

All good teams imo!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: September 21, 2010 09:22AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I'd say the 2nd Virgin drive will go to whoever has the most money.

I don't think Schumacher will quit. I get the feeling he has already given up on 2010, and is waiting for 2011. If it doesn't turn around by this time next year, I would definitely expect him to quit.

Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Renault:
> Kubica & Senna

I don't think Senna's done enough for that drive yet. I'd much rather see Glock or Kovalainen in the car if Petrov doesn't get it.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2010 09:24AM by SchueyFan.
Date: September 21, 2010 11:31AM
Posted by: chet
As much as it kills to say, I dont think Senna has shown enough.
Then again what can he show in that car? Except match his team mate? And he did when it was Karun, both had their ups and downs, but atm he is quicker than Sakon more often than not.

The driver market all kicks off in 2012 when both Mclaren drivers, Vettel, and I believe Alonso are all up for grabs ;-) And no doubt Kubica will make himself available.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 21, 2010 05:59PM
Posted by: J i m
It's difficult for Bruno to show too much in a car that struggles to string 5 laps together without breaking. I feel he'd be fairly respectable in Petrov's car... but also he should also probably be far quicker than Yamamoto than he has been. Before HRT employed wealth over talent... Chandhok seemed to have the overall upper hand, which was a turn around on their GP2 days.

I hope to see both in a respectable F1 car next year though,

Date: September 22, 2010 10:28AM
Posted by: zulu_85
According to some rumour mills there might still be two seats up for grabs at Renault...

[en.espnf1.com]

But that could still mean sod all.

Likewise, Renault has agreed to a sponsorship deal with a Vyborg-based shipbuilding firm - one of Russia's largest. With the exception of the Renault exhibition in Moscow (and they've been there before), I think this is the first significant case of Petrov actually bringing in sponsorship for the team - LADA (being partially owned by Renault) is basically there, I believe, because Petrov's in the team, not the other way round.
Again, that could still mean sod all towards Petrov's chances of keeping his seat.
Date: September 22, 2010 10:45AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
That rumour is quite bizarre, unless Massa is actually fed up with being at Ferrari.

Massa's done a solid job since Germany, and I don't think Ferrari would sack him for Kubica - which would also open up more potential team rivalry problems in the future.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 22, 2010 12:06PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Massa have done well lately, qualifyings have been weak for him all season because of tyre problems but in races he has been very close to Fernando's pace and without team orders in hockenheim Massa has actually scored most points in last 4 races...but he does seem to be fed up being number 2 driver so will see.

Kubica to Ferrari rumours have been there for long time...same as were Alonso rumours and they did happend...so I can't say nothing for sure when this is F1 we are talking about and things can change so fast :D

well earlier this year there were some rumours that Petrov had failed to pay the sponsor money for Renault that he promised so this new sponsor deal could fix it now....Kimi is still on renault rumours even if he himself have stated earlier that he is not interested about comeback. his managers however did admit contacting to Renault but that was only to check all options before decide what to do next year.however finnish media seems to think that Kimi really wants to comeback (funny because earlier they seemed happy to see him in WRC and not thinking comeback)...experts however don't and can't see any reason why Kimi would be interested about Renault at all.some say it's because Kimi saw spa race and then he wanted suddenly want to comeback...this however seems odd because he gave an interview before the race and said he doesn't miss F1 at all, not even spa even if he admitted it would be nice to drive around that circuit but that's all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2010 12:08PM by vesuvius.
Date: September 22, 2010 05:10PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Kimi and Massa to Renault next year ;)
Date: September 22, 2010 10:42PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
yeah, would love to know where the money for Massa and Kimi is going to come from...
Date: September 22, 2010 10:57PM
Posted by: gav
Finlandia?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy