Official Italian Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by EC83 
y2cwr2005 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So vettel slows down with a "problem", Webber goes
> through and then next lap he does a personal best?
> Just sayin :p

After changing the engine mapping settings on the wheel.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Ok, I'll admit it wasn't team orders. Just looked a little suspicious to me. Speaking of Vettel, these tyres last waay too long, 3 laps left and he hasn't stopped yet.

Re: Official Italian Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 12, 2010 03:32PM
Posted by: LS.
Sniffpetrol sums up the result quite nicely

Yes, it's nice when a Ferrari wins in Italy. If only Alonso wasn't a moaning turdpipe and his team a bunch of cheating cock bags

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
How very sour.

Funny how the fans seem very selective when someone moans :P Alonso and Vettel are moaners, but Lewis and Webber have spent the weekend whining like a couple of bitches, and yet are just emotional :P

On the topic of the actual race

McLaren - dropped the ball. Should have been faster
Lewis - you n00b
Massa - you lucky n00b
Webber - get on with it, you have a championship to win
Jenson - awesome
Alonso - more awesome
Vettel - awesome, but not as awesome as the above 2

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 12, 2010 03:52PM
Posted by: Slash
nice race, quick one top 4 where very good imho.. Jenson didn't had the car but he had the will to fight and it was good to see him use the whole track, even the white lines....

i wanted a Ferrari 1-2 but if anynone was gettin in the way id' rather have Jenson

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2010 03:54PM by Slash.
Not a bad race, although a bit processional. A race at Monza without safety cars is always good to watch though.

Fernando and Jenson were great, obviously, and it throws the championship wide open.

Massa was good, only one mistake. Still not quite as good on the hard tyre.

Nice work from Vettel, its ironic that the engine problem actually gained him positions due to the clean air and different strategy.

Disappointing from Lewis, on a track that he was expected to win quite easily, it was a poor weekend.

X (@ed24f1)
Eddie Jordan really is quite obnoxious.
Date: September 12, 2010 04:16PM
Posted by: gav
Cracking race. Not masses of action, but it was a good tense race, as Monza usually is.

Good pace from the Ferraris and a good tight fight between Alonso and Button.

Hamilton made a cock up he'll be kicking himself for (he didn't need to do that given he was leading the championship and wasn't fighting with contenders).

Vettel made an excellent recovery from that blip. So much for team orders.

Webber had a decent race, and some strong overtakes, but it shows the lack of strategic thinking going on in the RBR garage when he gained zero positions through the pit stops.

Excellent race by Rosberg.

Hulkenberg... hmm. Excellent, excellent pace, and even with a penalty he would have destroyed Barrichello, but some of his race-craft was touch and go. Still, he's a rookie, so a few choice words ought to polish him over time. :)

Another stunning start by Schumacher. He started 12th and was ahead of Vettel before the Lesmos on lap 1. :\

His pace is still average-poor, but his first laps all year have been absolutely sensational.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2010 04:18PM by gav.
Date: September 12, 2010 04:50PM
Posted by: marcl
Was an ok race.

I feel Mclaren totally messed up with the pit stop and should have pitted at the same time as Alonso or a lap later, but 2nd is ok. Lewis totally cocked up I just dont get why he done what he done Webber was miles behind him. He could have run with Button, Alonso and Massa and tried to jump one in the pits.

Vettel had a good race to recover, probably would not have got that result had he not had the problem then recovered from it.

Nico making MS look silly again.
marcl Wrote:
> I feel Mclaren totally messed up with the pit stop
> and should have pitted at the same time as Alonso
> or a lap later, but 2nd is ok. Lewis totally
> cocked up I just dont get why he done what he done
> Webber was miles behind him. He could have run
> with Button, Alonso and Massa and tried to jump
> one in the pits.

He wouldn't have known that Webber had dropped to 9th at that stage, most likely.

EDIT: Here's video of Yamamoto's pitstop incident
[&feature=player_embedded]

Hopefully he's ok

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2010 05:36PM by SchueyFan.
Wahey what a great race!
Alonso and Button drove great, the pair of them!

Shame about Hamilton sticking his car in the wrong place, I was waiting to see how'd he perform compared to Buttons package.

So happy about the results though, championship is so much closer now!

The BBC were great today too!! Really love watching the forum!

Date: September 12, 2010 05:56PM
Loved what eddie I said about massa vs alonso vs ms made me lol.

I still think Lewis will be champ yes today cost him but the car failures have cost him more. He needs to stay off f1 2010 lol
marcl Wrote:
> Loved what eddie I said about massa vs alonso vs
> ms made me lol.

What did he say?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 12, 2010 06:15PM
Posted by: LS.
The video below shows Yamamoto was given the signal to leave his pit box before the mechanic was knocked down.

&feature=player_embedded

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Ouch!!!

Date: September 12, 2010 07:19PM
Eddie said that when MS and Massa were team mates Massa was on his pace and everyone thought Massa was getting better, now it turn out MS was just losing it. It just made me lol at the time.

They have been fine $20,000 for that pit lane problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2010 07:19PM by marcl.
Date: September 12, 2010 07:31PM
Posted by: zulu_85
Horrible. :(
Thankfully it seems like his injuries are not life-threatening which is merciful at least. You could hear the BBC remarking on the incredibility of Yamamoto not being able to see him but as it was with, I'm not sure, whether it was DC or maybe even Irvine in the forum, saying that you have to wonder where the lollipop man was. Sakon's eyes would have been fixed on him.

A lot of people in his position have made terrible mistakes before but I'm sure that accident will haunt him :(

Otherwise, rest of the race was good imo. Schumacher at least showed he still had a fighting spirit even if he then just may as well have gone for a Sunday drive through the Italian countryside, such was his impact on the rest of the race. Silly error by Hamilton but I suspect he'll bounce back at Singapore; good drive by Button but Alonso I think was always going to be quicker. Happy for Ferrari, I do feel sad to see such hate for them around. Rosberg clearly had the legs on Kubica so that was frustrating from a Renault-fan POV (not that I downplay what a very solid drive by Rosberg). As far as Petrov's race went - I did question whether he had the pace to get into the points and he was simply not as quick as Luizzi was in front of him so that was he was as far as he was ever going to get. Still, at least he kept his nose clean, and wasn't ever so far of Kubica's pace at times apparently - just unfortunately ever so far behind him. Really hope the unfamiliarity of the rest of the tracks doesn't hurt him too badly for the rest of the season.
Date: September 12, 2010 08:02PM
Posted by: Frantic
Sometime i go i heared that for having a seat in Renault in 2011, Petrov needs to have 40% of Kubica points, or something like that...

and today in my country in TV said that Trulli would be in his last F1 season as Lotus is having Renault engines next year and that engines are coming with Petrov, like the Toyota+Nakajima combo for Williams in 2008 and 2009

Date: September 12, 2010 08:14PM
Posted by: davidm
I think there's a touch of sour grapes with Irvine, take what he says with a pinch of salt. He claimed into in front of DC that the Mclaren drivers were an inferior pairing to he and MS and the reason that Ferrari kept up at all was because they played team order games. This is all clearly absolute nonsense and his own take on the world. Astonished DC let it pass like that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy