Official Italian Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by EC83 
Re: Official Italian Grand Prix 2010 Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 11, 2010 03:06PM
Posted by: Slash
looking good!!! what we need is Vettel running over Webber and Hamilton and Jenson winning with Alonso 2nd to spice things a bit

if not, then i hope a Ferrari 1-2
Date: September 11, 2010 03:13PM
Posted by: msater
Fantastic qualifying!

This race should be very very good if everything works out. The Ferrari's look quick but McLaren's could be a danger, especially Button. The Red Bull's look like it's damage limitation for them. If Webber stays in front of Hamilton it's OK.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
A great qualifying!

Nice work from the top 4, but a bit disappointing from Hamilton. It still sets up a cracking race tomorrow, and Turn 1 will be interesting.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 11, 2010 04:20PM
Posted by: Frantic
great qualy. alonso has been awesome, Button and Massa too

today we saw whos the smartest driver in McLaren, and his name is Jenson Button. Hamilton decided not to use f-duct and searched for top speed. Button decided to use the f-duct and more wing charge. the result: JB almost half a second quicker

Date: September 11, 2010 06:11PM
Posted by: J i m
Just watched my recording of qualify and there were some epic performances. Firstly Alonso's pole lap was was shattering... came out of almost nowhere in the kind red bull type of turn of speed. Button was immense to get to within about a tenth or so of Alonso, and Webber showed grit and maturity to get 4th after the troubles he's had this weekend so far.

Nice to see both Williams in the top ten yet again, hope they can convert that into a double points finish this time.

Hamilton cocked up his lap, I'm pretty sure there's more speed in that McLaren F duct or not, Vettel fizzled out poorly, he had looked odds on for front row during practice, shame to see Force India lacking their traditional low downforce bite. Schumacher...poor very poor.. he looked more like the 2002 version of Felipe Massa.

But the real talking point of qualify for.... what in fuckery was Hugh Grant wearing on his face?! lmao.

Date: September 11, 2010 07:08PM
Posted by: marcl
Not the smartest move in the work by Mclaren and Lewis but had he not messed up he probably could have got 3rd or 4th, I think the race will be a different story and when the cars are heavy he will have the advantage of less down force.

The start should be interesting I just hope they all get through the 1st chicane.

Great jobs by Alonso and Button.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2010 07:08PM by marcl.
Date: September 11, 2010 07:29PM
I think it's a good call by McLaren to split the F-duct strategy as it were. There doesn't seem to a great deal of difference in raw pace... so it's going to be down to how they look after the tyres and what traffic they have etc.

If Button can leap frog Alonso at the start, and hold it for the first couple of laps where Alonso will be able to pick up a tow, then he'll have a good chance of winning, with possibly better tyre management and the advantage of being able to brake later and carry more speed in corners, even with a straight line speed deficit he could be hard to pass.

But I think any one of the Ferrari, McLaren, or Red Bulls could win this one.

Date: September 11, 2010 07:29PM
Posted by: EC83
Brilliant laps by Fernando and Jenson. Great job by Mark to get 4th as well.

Date: September 11, 2010 07:40PM
Posted by: zulu_85
Great Quali - makes for a fascinating race tomorrow imo. I think Alonso will win, I *hope* Button does really well but I have a horrible feeling that things will conspire against him. Either way, can't wait to see how it turns out.

As a Renault fan, it's a bit of a shame but they're clearly not as competitive as they were at Spa. I fear as far as Petrov's requirements for a more-rounded weekend go, his showing today is only slightly better than at Spa which I imagine hasn't really helped his chances of keeping his drive next year any further. Still, at Spa he proved that he could come through the field with a solid drive, but I fear he just doesn't have the necessary pace here. I'd be delighted if he does get points but, anyway, as long as he puts in a good race at least...

On the subject of Renault and going back to Lotus, I've read that the deal may be scuppered by the existing contract with Cosworth. However, at the very least, Lotus could still have the Renault gearbox and hydraulics replace the crap they have this year.
Date: September 11, 2010 08:44PM
On another note... Rosberg has now out-qualified Schumacher 11-3... that's epic ownage.

Hamilton has out-qualified Button 9-5
Vettel and Webber are level pegging as they are 7-7
Alonso has out-qualified Massa 10-4

Date: September 11, 2010 08:55PM
Posted by: Frantic
arent Kubica-Petrov 13-1 ?

Date: September 11, 2010 09:19PM
Posted by: gav
My concern for Button is a genuine chance of repeating Heikki's performance last year, and drop down the order early on (not that low, but maybe down to 5th or so).

Not only is he slower in a straight line, but he's punching one hell of a hole in the air for others - while Heikki was all about horrible decisions in car placement, Button might just be a sitting duck with no answer, no matter how well he places the car. Should be interesting.

Hope not, as him at the front gambling like that could be absolutely fascinating.

Oh, and as no-one has mentioned it, Petrov has shockingly been handed a grid penalty for blocking Glock. What were the stewards thinking? ;)
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brilliant laps by Fernando and Jenson. Great job
> by Mark to get 4th as well.

what he said ^^ (+1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2010 10:44PM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: September 12, 2010 08:54AM
Posted by: marcl
It will be interesting to see how button goes in the race. Both him and Alonso need a clean race so I think they will both be careful at the start.

Massa and Vettel have nothing to lose where as Webber and Lewis will also need to be careful.

So I think the start is going to be very interesting.

I think Lewis will get passed Webber and the rbr cars are not to great off the line.

I recon it will be a Ferrari 1-2 with Lewis 3rd though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2010 08:54AM by marcl.
Date: September 12, 2010 09:37AM
Posted by: shep34
Turn 1 at Monza is always interesting! Looking forward to watching it here tonight (10PM Australian EST) to see who smashes into who, and whos' race gets ruined instantly. Tipping a banzai move from Vettel up the inside, taking out a Ferrari, and probably Webber at the same time....lol
Honestly though, this race looks set up to be an absolute ripper! The Ferrari's seem to have their usual Monza pace (be it extra horsepower or illegal weight loss...lol), and Button is in a good position. JB is a smart driver, and he could come away with a great result, if his gamble on tyres and no f-duct work out. As a Webber fan, I just want to see him have a strong points finish and stay right up there in the championship race.....

Just over 4 hours until race time, cant wait to sit in bed and watch it!
Date: September 12, 2010 01:40PM
Posted by: Gigi4
Frantic Wrote:
> arent Kubica-Petrov 13-1 ?

But while Petrov is a rookie and Kubica an experienced driver, you can't say the same for Scumacher-Rosberg

Date: September 12, 2010 02:25PM
Posted by: EC83
Dream race for the Championship at the moment :)
All we need is Vettel a bit further up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2010 02:25PM by EC83.
Very smart way of doing team orders there red bull. Engine my ass.

y2cwr2005 Wrote:
> Very smart way of doing team orders there red
> bull. Engine my ass.

Oh yeah... 'cos it'd definitely come from Vettel first wouldn't it?

So vettel slows down with a "problem", Webber goes through and then next lap he does a personal best? Just sayin :p

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy