2010 Hungarian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Frantic 
Re: 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: August 05, 2010 03:51PM
Posted by: chet
Ill disagree. It showed how much he wanted to win ...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 05, 2010 06:17PM
Posted by: kubica2
FilipKaraburma Wrote:

> think that actually Schumi-Barichelo accident was
> looking a lot more dangerous then it really was.

watch it again and analyse it. schumacher weaves to the middle of the track, barrichello can go one way or the other, but because of schumachers weaving and not keeping to a line it would have ended in the same result which ever side barrichello would have chosen to overtake, as schumacher had weaved to position his car to right in the middle of the track and anticipated doing a last second block. so then barrichello choses to go to the right, schumacher makes a blocking move, but way too late, and it forces barrichello to go further right, off the track literally, as he is past the white line, then schumacher continues to push him, so that schumachers car is right by the white line while barrichello is totally across the white line and centimetres from a brick wall at 180mph.

if you think that looks more dangerous then it really is, then you are in some sort of fantasy schumacher loving world.

please watch the video again. from exciting the corner to just before schumacher starts his block move, he has weaved halfway across the track, not staying on the normal racing line. and then he decides to cut another car off at 180mph right at the last second which forces the other driver off track. its typical schumacher, terrible at wheel to wheel driving.
He hasnt learnt to defend in 20 years, look back at his famous chop on hakkinen in f3 at macau before they entered f1. it was exactly the same back then, makes more then one move, and blocks at the last moment when the overtaking car cant avoid hitting him or has to go off track.

shumacher will go down in history as "7 times world champion" but also as the dirtiest racer in the history of the sport.

he will also go down in the history of all sport as one of the biggest failures in a return from retirement. i think it is fitting for him to end his career in failure after so much unsportsmanlike behaviour and arrogance in his career.
I even forsee him being sacked. he is to arrogant to retire when pushed by mercedes, and then mercedes will have to sack him. no one will be able to justify to mercedes bosses paying this driver $30million a year and performing so poorly when that money could be spent building nico rosberg a car to win next season.

the novelty has worn off, and i bet the tv ratings and crowds are no bigger because of schumachers return, they may have been in the first 2 races, but lets be honest, his results have been an embarresment, and if mercedes had another top young driver like rosberg they would be further up the championship table and would have more money for deveoping a better car.

To me the hungary race was significant, in showing that a mediocre driver like Vitaly Petrov can improve in F1 this season, while 7 times champion schumacher cant. if thats not enough to say schumacher is a has-been then i dont know what is. otherwise petrov iss just a better driver then schumacher and could have also won 7 championships.

There are still people saying schumacher is getting up to speed, well Petrov has got up to speed faster then shumacher at a tiny fraction of the has-beens salary! seriously, its getting beyond a joke, to think that a 7-times champion isnt up to speed by this time in the season, while rookies are getting faster and faster. schumachers attitude of driving for "fun" this season is at the expense of other potential talent entering f1, while schumacher get $30million a year for having "fun" and not producing any results.
Date: August 05, 2010 06:25PM
Posted by: marcl
^Which is my point as well.

MS has had even more time in the current car than some of the new guys yet cannot get used to it. All this backs up the points people used to raise about MS, he needs a car built just for him and the team 100% behind just him.

Yes a lot has changed it 3 years but by now he should be on the pace of his team mate and he is not, he is more behind now than at the start of the year.

Button and Alonso for example have both moved to new teams this year, neither car was built for them and they had to get used to the tyres. Both have, and both have won races and been as faster if not faster than their team mates.

I would love to see MS fighting up front again but I just do not think its going to happen, even if he was in the fastest car on the grid I dont think he would be the one leading the championship. He is missing them last few tenths now that he used to be able to get from himself and the car.
Date: August 05, 2010 07:17PM
Posted by: gav
marcl
MS has had even more time in the current car than some of the new guys yet cannot get used to it. All this backs up the points people used to raise about MS, he needs a car built just for him and the team 100% behind just him.

Or it shows 41 year olds don't learn as quick as youngsters, which people were saying before he even sat in the car. ;-)
Date: August 05, 2010 08:01PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
kubica2 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------

> schumachers
> attitude of driving for "fun" this season is at
> the expense of other potential talent entering f1,

schumacher actually is only at the expense of heidfeld driving.and he is far from "young" or from "talent".

> while schumacher get $30million a year for having
> "fun" and not producing any results.

he doesnt earn 30 million, that is a complete joke. if mercedes cant give button 8 mio, do you really think they will give 30 to anyone .
Date: August 05, 2010 08:02PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
aand, vettel is in the fastest car but he isnt leading the championship either : )
Date: August 05, 2010 09:06PM
Posted by: harjinator
i do think NIck would be doing a better job than schumi... certainly on a par with Rosberg. Nick is solid, if unspectacular. Schumi is neither of those things (erratic, and occasionally spectacular... in the wrong way though)

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: August 05, 2010 09:33PM
I agree about the fun bit with Schumacher.

Is he serious about this? Serious in the way that the younger guys are? I mean, he's won it all. He's made a name for himself. He's got nothing to prove. Is he really going to be that bothered if he doesnt do well for a while? How hard is he going to want to push himself and the team?

I mean he seems perfectly relaxed, but take Hamilton as an example ... in 2009 whilst the car was crap, he was a complete arse in that he never smiled. He gave awful interviews, he constantly moaned about the car... You could tell, all he wanted was a car he could drive quick, and when he got one, he didnt waste it.

Whilst Schumacher is having an awful year yet it all seems rosey, and about 'next year'. He really doesnt seem to care about his or Merc's shite performance. I think with the current standings Merc need to concentrate on not getting beat by Renault. I cant hlep but feel if Nick was in the car then Renault would have hardly been a worry ;-)! Nick might be not be a Vettel or Lewis, but he's equal to at least Webber/Button/Nico imo and he'd be bagging the points Schumacher cant.

Id stil llike to see what he's like at the end though but so far he's improved little over Bahrain. Also makes me wonder. Is Schumacher a Jenson Button (or is JB and Schumacher) in that if the car is to his liking then you cant touch him. Otherwise he's ... not great, not bad?

Date: August 05, 2010 09:39PM
chet
You could tell, all he wanted was a car he could drive quick, and when he got one, he didnt waste it.

As I remember it, the first time he got the quick car he binned it in the first session which mattered. That's the very definition of 'wasting it'. ;)
Date: August 05, 2010 10:20PM
How the hell is MS having fun though? I would say he is not having fun.
2011 Leaked Calendar ***SPOILERS***
Date: August 06, 2010 01:13PM
Posted by: alexf1man
I don't know where else to post this, or whether this is at all accurate, but the link below has a leaked calendar for 2011.

Hungary is reported to be on July 31st, Belgium on August 21st, with a strange Japan-Brazil back to back at the end of October (how that would work I don't know)

[www.patronisef1.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 01:13PM by alexf1man.
2010 Hungarian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: August 06, 2010 01:33PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Sorry for going slightly off topic, but back to Hungary 2010, it's left the championship in a very delicate position.

I think 300+ will be the championship winning points total.
Date: August 06, 2010 02:04PM
alexf1fan
with a strange Japan-Brazil back to back at the end of October (how that would work I don't know)

We've got a Brazil-Abu Dhabi back-to-back this year.

If there's any truth at all, it will only be a proposal. The calendar isn't normally finalised until after the final weekend of the preceding season.
Date: August 06, 2010 05:51PM
Posted by: EC83
alexf1man Wrote:
> Sorry for going slightly off topic, but back to
> Hungary 2010, it's left the championship in a very
> delicate position.

It's improved the Championship massively, where Lewis was beginning to creep ahead a bit, he's been pulled right back in. It's turning out to be an awesome Championship fight. The ideal result at Spa would be Alonso winning, although with the advantage RedBull have I don't know how realistic a hope that is.

> I think 300+ will be the championship winning
> points total.

Yeah, and it's all relative - equivalent to 100+ points being the winning score in previous seasons. Thanks to the massive increase in number of points awarded to the higher finishing positions(which I still think is overkill, where a system like 15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 would've made more sense. Along with a point for pole and fastest lap. But if we have to choose between the existing system and medals, I'm still more than cool with it).

Date: August 06, 2010 06:07PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
EC83 Wrote:
> It's improved the Championship massively, where
> Lewis was beginning to creep ahead a bit, he's
> been pulled right back in. It's turning out to be
> an awesome Championship fight. The ideal result at
> Spa would be Alonso winning, although with the
> advantage RedBull have I don't know how realistic
> a hope that is.

Red Bull theoretically should have dominated at Spa in 2009 as well, but they weren't particularly fast there at all.

Of course the 2010 car is much better than last year's, but I wouldn't rule out McLaren and Ferrari yet.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 06, 2010 06:36PM
Last year was strange at Spa, cars that I thought would do well did not etc. But then again it did rain I think?

I wonder if Force India will spring a shock this year, last year Fissi on pole and well in my mind should have won that race as Kimi passed and lined up cars going off track and I dont think he would have got passed had it not been for the safety car. This year the Force India is better so I think maybe top 5 quali for them.

I do not actually think RBR will go that well at Spa or Monza so they could drop back behind Mclaren and Ferrari.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 06:45PM by marcl.
Date: August 06, 2010 06:44PM
marcl Wrote:
> Last year was strange at Spa, cars that I thought
> would do well did not etc. But then again its did
> rain I think?

No, it didn't rain in qualifying or the race. It was a really unusual grid, because Trulli, Heidfeld and Kubica were also in the Top 5 - whereas Red Bull could only get 8th and 9th.

I think this year's Force India car is a more rounded package, so i don't think it will be as dominant as last year, but I think they could at least threaten the Top 3 teams.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 06, 2010 08:04PM
SchueyFan
Red Bull theoretically should have dominated at Spa in 2009 as well, but they weren't particularly fast there at all.

While they're very strong in high-speed corners, Spa also shows their achilles heal - the lack of grunt from the engine - and more so than Monza, with its steep hills Spa is a circuit where power matters as much as having slippery high-speed aerodynamics. I guess Red Bull could lose as much as 5mph already by the top of Radillon.

Still, I think the raw speed advantage they have this year should prove enough to cancel out the deficiencies in the 3 areas where you're above 180mph.

I think McLaren will be a lot closer than they have been and Ferrari will be bang on the pace.

It's also the first chance we've really got to see if Force India are indeed still masters of the high-speed circuit, as many thought they were coming into the season. The gap is too big to bridge for a podium this year, but if they are indeed still strong they should get some solid points with that engine and those aerodynamics.

It will be a good measure for us as to how far the Cosworth is away too. Williams will obviously slip back a bit from their Hungary (and Hockenheim and Silverstone) pace, but how far back? Force India should leap frog them anyway, but how much closer will Sauber and Toro Rosso be? I don't think the Cosworth is any worse than the Renault in the power stakes, unlike what many have been saying - I think fuel efficiency is their problem. Altogether I think it's been a very strong return for Cosworth though.
Date: August 06, 2010 09:11PM
Force India have been my disapointment this season.

With such a strong finish I expected top 8's very very often. Instead they have dropped back maybe. Whilst Renault have improved shed loads (visually the biggest changes since season start imo) and Williams have also improved.

Spa will be interesting. RBR will not have the same addvantage. And we've yet to see what Ferrari's updates do for them on higher-speed tracks. In Silverstone they were second quickest just couldnt show. With an engine as equally as good as the Merc imo I think Ferrari will be ones to watch.... again!

I have a feeling it will be a RBR v's Ferrari with Mclaren close, but not quite. But the way Lewis is driving, you never know!

The pack after that i think will be so so so close! Will Force India be able to match Renault and Merc?

Date: August 06, 2010 09:47PM
I don't think Force India have been that bad. Sutil's got 5 top 8 finishes so far this year, and Liuzzi has 1; I think that's a good result when you consider they are a relatively small team compared to the big 4, and even to Renault.

They've made the jump from fast-track-wonders to regulars battling for the points. Sutil has been very consistently been the 2nd best of the midfield teams behind Kubica. Liuzzi is fast on occasion, but extremely inconsistent.

They have lost momentum in the last two races though, with an awful display in Germany and bad luck in Hungary with the pit-lane incident. I think they are still faster than Williams, but they need better execution and consistency from Liuzzi to stay ahead of them.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy