2010 Hungarian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Frantic 
Re: 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: August 01, 2010 07:50PM
Posted by: danm
The sly part is how the gap was already tight, and Rubens had already squeezed through.

You can see MS head turn right to see him there, but STILL he closed in against the wall WAY more than was necessary.

There's blocking; there's swaying; there's squeezing; but that was far more than necessary.

But the move was bad on both guys. Imagine someone was coming out the pits...

I think there needs to be a rule in reverse of exiting the pits; such as not cutting the straight part of the pit exit line.

It was bad, but it COULD have been terribly worse.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: August 01, 2010 07:53PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
watching the way he drives, ruthless and brutal etc, just like 13 years ago, i think he can have only 1 thing on his mind and this is to beat all the youngsters
and be careful, schumacher alway has got what he wanted from F1 ! in other words, he made it his playground.
i am sure that after australia 2006 peaople were also thinkin that michael has lost it, but .... he made the mostincredible come back I HAVE EVER SEEN ! so i will perefrize : "love him or hate him, you can never inore him " M.Walker (bow)
will see what happens :)
Date: August 01, 2010 07:56PM
or if not after australia 2006 ... then monaco 2006. Definately low point in his season, just like now. but if schumacher has shown he is good at something in f1 , this is MAKING GREAT COMEBACKS ! i hope he does again.
Date: August 01, 2010 08:00PM
Posted by: chet
the fact that ms doesnt see fault in that scares me.

edit - well done to vettel for late pit entry. one thing he did right this race.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 08:00PM by chet.
Date: August 01, 2010 08:04PM
Posted by: gav
rapid_f1
if he has a bad few races at the start of 2011 i can really see him being re-placed halfway thu the season which would be the ultimate shame for a 7 time world champ. why o why did he come back? to risk further dent to his rep? surely he must have known that unless brawn built a miracle car, he was never gonna beat alonso, vettel, lewis and the others after being 3 years out.

He's not far off. He's not improved as I would have expected, but if he is as determined for next season as he's saying, then Mercedes have to offer him something which suits him.

I agree though - if he's still not quite up to scratch next season he will call it quits.

I don't blame him for trying at all though - success or not. I'm not someone who thinks sports people should go out at the top. I feel they should quit when they stop enjoying it. If that means slipping down the order or into touring cars or something, then fine - so long as they're enjoying it.
Date: August 01, 2010 08:10PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
also the field now is far stronger than back when he was racing too. but he seems to make some progress and then backwards.

first race in bahrain p5 after 3 years was very good. since then seems to have gone backwards. apparently he has had alot of input into the new car. i suppose it shows after al he will do ANYTHING to gain an advantage. good that he got penalised today.

as you i dont really blame him for coming, it seems to me he retired at least a year too early.

and also i just like to say if rubens felt persecuted at ferrari all those years and he never was gonna get a fair go why stay so long? austria 2002 should have set off alarm bells. perhaps he had no where else to go.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 08:12PM by rapid_f1.
Date: August 01, 2010 08:10PM
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the fact that ms doesnt see fault in that scares
> me.
>

he diddnt see somethin wrong in hitting villeneuv as well. or in sending Frentzen off track at montreal 1998. or at his parking in monaco 2006, or in rubens letting him through in 2002 .
So the only thing you can conclude from schumacher not seeing fault in his move is ...that he hasnt chagned to his prime years ..AT ALL !
anyway, did anyone of you see the venom in schumacher and barrichellos driving, while fighting with each other. IT WAS PERSONAL ! ;)
Date: August 01, 2010 08:22PM
Posted by: marcl
Ross sees no problem with it either, saying MS did not expect that move so far down the straight. I mean come on both making stupid comments. MS also overtook 2 cars off the the track at the start of the race and got away with it.

Massa slowed down as well before his pit stop and held up Lewis, this was to stop himself being stacked in the pits for to long.

There was quite a bit missed today.

I thought Vettel would also get a penalty for his 1st pit stop, I remember Alonso getting fined for cutting the pit line in Valencia. Vettel went right over the curb and could have spun or lost the car.
Date: August 01, 2010 08:22PM
Posted by: LS.
Brawn: Schumacher not dangerous

[www.autosport.com]

Mercedes GP team boss Ross Brawn has insisted that Michael Schumacher did not make any deliberately dangerous movements when trying to block Rubens Barrichello in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Schumacher will have to take a 10-place grid penalty at Spa as a punishment for impeding the Williams driver, who squeezed through a narrowing gap between the Mercedes and the pit wall to take 10th place.

Brawn was adamant that Schumacher's driving was within acceptable limits.

"Pretty tough - a tough move by Michael and a tough decision by the stewards," said the team chief.

"I don't think for a moment that Michael was trying to put Rubens in the wall - but he was trying to discourage him from coming down the inside because he thought that was where he would be vulnerable.

"But at the end of the day he gave him enough space. You can argue that it was marginal but – tough racing."

Brawn believes Schumacher was caught out by Barrichello getting alongside him so soon after the exit of the final corner and had not been trying to deny him space.

"Later in the manoeuvre you can see he moved away from Rubens, I don't think he expected Rubens to be exactly where he was at that time because it is a sort of manoeuvre that happens when you enter a corner not that far up a straight," said Brawn.

"Rubens got a very good run out of the last corner with his new tyres so I think there is lots of way arguing it – but these things happen in a fraction of a second."

He added that he was certain there was no dangerous intent in the move.

"It may have ended up in a dangerous way but that wasn't the intent I am sure by Michael," Brawn said.

"Michael was defending his position, trying to encourage Rubens to go around the outside. I don't think for a moment that he saw Rubens there and thought 'I will squeeze him'.

"But it is a pretty tough business F1 and if you open up every time someone tries to attack you then you know the drivers in F1 who don't defend and those that do."

He also denied any suggestion that Schumacher's driving had been particularly brutal because Barrichello was an ex-team-mate.

"Certainly not from Michael's perspective!" Brawn replied when asked if the 'history' between the two drivers had been a factor.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 01, 2010 08:38PM
FIA to increase load tests for wings in spa.

I thought i heard on the rdio they were doing something clever with the carbon fibre, i.e. its constrcuted i such a way so as to not bend much at a certain load and bend a huge amount after a certain load. very clever stuff.

[www.autosport.com]

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 08:39PM by rapid_f1.
Date: August 01, 2010 08:54PM
Posted by: Slash
they will still pass all test, and Mclaren will complain about the paint

Petrov's and Boullier interview

if it's true, smart move to let Lewis through very mature... Lewis was going to eat him soon
Date: August 01, 2010 08:59PM
Posted by: marcl
Its not just Mclaren that complained, plus they all complained about the f-duct anyway.
Date: August 02, 2010 10:06AM
Posted by: alexf1man
Championship table. Look at the scores of the top 6 drivers, all ending with a 1 or 7 in a sequence:

..1 Webber (161)
..7 Hamilton (157)
..1 Vettel (151)
..7 Button (147)
..1 Alonso (141)
..7 Massa (97)

---

The podium in Hungary had the same three drivers, in the same order, as the podium in Spain (Catalunya).

---

If Webber had retired in Spain AND Hungary he would have been 46 points behind Hamilton, on 111 (without the wins his season's been patchy)
Date: August 02, 2010 11:03AM
Posted by: alexf1man
Yesterday's race saw the third phase of the "Schumi and Brawn" v. Williams.

The first was at Benetton against Damon Hill, the second at Ferrari against Jacques Villeneuve, and the third, now with Mercedes, managed to hit a Williams guy and then push Rubens VERY close to the wall.
Date: August 02, 2010 11:45AM
Posted by: shep34
Poor old Seb Vettel eh? The world is against him, boo hoo..... do the crime, do the time pal!!! No one else to blame other than himself. If he wants to win a world title, know the rulebook back to front. He truly showed himself to be a sore loser, and his lack of emotion on the podium was bad. 21 other drivers would have killed to be in his shoes!! Then his press conference cemented the opinion that he is a sore loser even further. "I should have won".... well, you didn't Seb - you stuffed up. Deal with it.
Truly, a sour-kraut! lol..... (not intended to be racist, by the way, if anyone takes it that way...)

Well done to Webber. Great drive. Great reward. Great stuff.....Go the Aussies!!! cracking a beer to celebrate....again. You bewdy!!

As for Schumacher's move.... well, just another one for the video library of disgraceful acts on the race track. As many have said so far, he should never have come back to F1 as a race driver. 2010 is only making us remember him as a washed up has been, who happened to win 7 world titles. For his memory's sake, I hope we don't see him on track in 2011.
Date: August 02, 2010 11:54AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Then his press conference cemented the opinion that he is a sore loser even further. "I should have won".... well, you didn't Seb - you stuffed up. Deal with it.

Shame you left out the bit of the press conference where he blamed himself and said he was asleep and took responsibility for it eh. But I guess mentioning that would contradict the rest of your post, and we wouldn't want that now would we?

When Webber and Lewis moan, it's seen as emotion. When Vettel and Alonso moan, it's see as whining. Get some standards and f**king stick to it. Or alternatively we could go back to the 90s and have Damon, Mika, Schumacher and DC being the worlds dullest PR Robots again, as judging by the whining on here (oh the irony, it's 90!) that seems to be what everyone wants?

We have drivers showing emotion. Good emotion, bad emotion, arguments, moaning, it's AWESOME! Stop moaning about it and enjoy it! If Webber had lost the race like Vettel did then there would have been even bigger moans! And you know what? It'd have been BRILLIANT! It's brilliant EVERY time a driver shows emotion, rather than sits with a blank look on his face and pumps out the PR bullsh*t like Schumacher did this week, and the Ferrari boys did last week!

Stop complaining and soak it up! We've had an awesome F1 season so far. We've had racing, personalities, crashes, and now we have a 5 way title battle with a lot of races left!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 02, 2010 12:36PM
true.

brawn reckons its the the design of the tyres is why ms has struggled. next year everyone should be on the same level so lets see how he goes. im going for alonso as the winner of the title! he has this one ace up his sleeve, massa! i.e. he wont have to worry about battling his team mate, the others do.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: August 02, 2010 12:59PM
Posted by: shep34
@ DaveEllis, yes I left out the Vettel comments on how he claims he was asleep and missed the restart etc, mostly because that is just crap! And if it is not crap, and he actually was off with the fairy's and missed the fact that the pace car had been roaming around for a handful of laps, the debris had been moved and surely it was time to get back to racing, well.... bad luck! Webber, and everyone else in the field it would seem, was ready to go.
Poor little Seb looked like a spoilt little brat on the podium, that had dropped his lolly pop in the dirt, and he was to never get it back....awwwwwwwwww, poor boy.
Seriously, he is a great driver, and probably will be a world champ at some stage, but I sincerely hope Christian Horner whisks him away over these next few weeks, and gives him a crash course in how not to look like a complete sore loser. The immaturity was on show for the world, and yeah the world will have differing views on his behaviour. Perhaps poor little Seb ought to get a tape of the 2009 German GP, where Webber got a similar drive thru penalty and um, er = i forgot the result ? Aaaaah yes, thats right, Webber still won the race!!! Suck it up Seb, learn from it.

I hardly think I am whinging about this Vettel episode, as for us Aussies, it was fantastic to see Webber win! Sure, if Vettel had not have stuffed up, Webber would probably have finished anywhere from 2nd to 4th, but, he won it, so......hoorah!!!!
Date: August 02, 2010 01:09PM
Posted by: nvooght
Im guessing you dont like Vettel then?

Date: August 02, 2010 01:11PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
yes I left out the Vettel comments on how he claims he was asleep and missed the restart etc, mostly because that is just crap!

No, you left it out so you could have a moan and not look like a twat.

I hardly think I am whinging about this Vettel episode, as for us Aussies, it was fantastic to see Webber win!

Oh, an Aussie. There's a surprise. How come when Webber moans its AussieGrit, but when Vettel moans it's whining? Get some standards. We've had a fantastic season and the fanbois like you, and particularly Lewis fanbois moaning about Alonso recently are doing there best to ruin it by running into threads and constantly moaning about the emotion shown, and then collectively jacking off when your own driver shows some. Stop it! It's pathetic!

You're just picking and chosing whatever you need to have a go at certain drivers, whilst blanking out everything that other drivers do, just to try and justify the BS.

I guess this is what happens when the new generation of F1 fans roll in and don't know how lucky they are that we are getting all this emotion, all these arguments and all this moaning. It's fantastic, yet all they do is complain about it! SOAK IT UP! It won't last forever!

Im guessing you dont like Vettel then?

Nah, like all fanbois he's just picking and chosing what he can moan at. If he applied the same argument to Webber then he'd hate Webber after Silverstone. If Vettel had said "Not bad for a #2" then the explosion of Australian fanbois on forums would have destroyed the internet. But luckily for us net users, Webber said it, and therefore it gets ignored.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy