2010 British Grand Prix ****SPOILERS****

Posted by J i m 
Re: 2010 British Grand Prix ****SPOILERS****
Date: July 11, 2010 04:16PM
Posted by: Slasher
Righto, now that WEBBER IS LEADING HIS TEAMATE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, i think he should walk over to the other side of the garage, take his wing back, and in fact just dont take the wing, maybe take his safety belts and perhaps while hes at it, his JOCKS?
Date: July 11, 2010 04:24PM
Posted by: Slash
Slasher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Righto, now that WEBBER IS LEADING HIS TEAMATE IN
> THE CHAMPIONSHIP, i think he should walk over to
> the other side of the garage, take his wing back,
> and in fact just dont take the wing, maybe take
> his safety belts and perhaps while hes at it, his
> JOCKS?

LMAO... i can picture Webber going all madface taking his wing backç

Red Bull Gives You Wings?
Date: July 11, 2010 04:27PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
It'd be funny if Webber took the wing back and refused to change, and they brough another development for Germeny :P

"Well, you wanted that one!" :P

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 11, 2010 04:41PM
Posted by: marcuzzi
vesuvius Wrote:
>
> but there was a need .Alonso was off the road when
> he did the overtake.

That's the point. IMO, Alonso was already runinng parallel to Kubika on the chicane's first corner. The fact that Kubika has the inner side on this first corner, doesn't allow him to push Alonso on the second. If Alonso had stayed on track, Kubika would have just rushed over him. 100% contact. So Kubika's move was something like "it's my place, move out or crash". While Alonso was "I took this position on the outside, so brake or I will overtake you anyway". For me it's a race incident. But if FIA makes clear that there is something wrong on it, I would find ok to force Alonso giving the position back to Kubika in 1 or 2 laps, but not after 10 laps...

If FIA wants to be fair, it should give penalties in 2 or 3 laps. It makes no sense giving them after 10 or 20 laps, when they may be "too hard" or "too soft" like one we saw in Valencia.

> 100% clear to me. Cant understand why Alonso didnt
> do it right there and then.

Alonso asked Ferrari on the radio. They shouldn't have it 100% clear.
Date: July 11, 2010 04:44PM
Posted by: gav
Alonso penalty? Same as Hamilton in Spa in 2008 and I haven't got a problem with it. It was horribly unlucky that Kubica retired just afterwards and the safety car timing was equally dire.

I guess if Ferrari hadn't complained about the time taken for Hamilton's penalty in Valencia then he'd have been better off. ;)

[edit: my only problem is one I've raised before - drivers pushing other off the track just because they feel they have the divine right as they're on the inside]

Some epic races throughout the field today and some absolute shockers.

Excellent race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2010 04:45PM by gav.
Date: July 11, 2010 04:50PM
Posted by: chet
Gav, In Spa, Lewis let Kimi through but then did in a way where he might not lose an addvantage. That was for a race win though. I didnt agree with the time penalty then, and I dont agree with Alonso's penalty. Ferrari and him really should talk to Todt!!!

I was very supprised to see Alonso not take the initative and let Kubica by himself.

One thing about this track, we expected moves into Brooklands, but then later on the "experts" said because of the way the braking is done it would be difficult, but drivers today proved it is an overtaking spot. Track changes are very well done :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 11, 2010 04:54PM
Posted by: marcuzzi
That's the point. Look at this picture. Who is running in front?

If the driver in the inside has the right to push cars on the outside, then I understand why F1 lacks overtakes.

[edit: They both driving parallel just before Alonso goes off track. Alonso's hand shows that he still trying to negotiate the corner]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2010 05:06PM by marcuzzi.
Date: July 11, 2010 05:26PM
Posted by: alexf1man
I loved Barrichello's Top Gear hint in BBC's F1 coverage :D
Date: July 11, 2010 05:27PM
Posted by: Guimengo
2 very good pictures there. The stewards have access to those shots and they should have done better.
Date: July 11, 2010 05:30PM
yep, i think penalty wasn't the right choice, just request to give the position back, but immediately
but that's Kubica, isn't he? he's been driving crazy for a while now, last year he had the most front wing changes and this year he pushed Michael out in Canada and Alonso now, that's the sort of driving that leads to big accidents...

off topic, was The Stig there, for the first time in years i didn't see him

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2010 05:31PM by Slash.
Date: July 11, 2010 06:09PM
Posted by: redbulljack14
Slash Wrote:
> off topic, was The Stig there, for the first time
> in years i didn't see him

Yeah, his name is Kamui Kobayashi

WilliamsF1 FTW!
Date: July 11, 2010 06:58PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
michael admitted he has made a mistake on his OUT lap of the pits. what a shame. he could have been up there in 3-4-5 th position instead he has missed a slow corner and lost a lot of time there, which allowed kobayashi to go through and rubens to keep his place despite the disastrous pit stop from williams.
now on to Hockenhem and the possibility for the first Winless season fro Schuey is getting bigger and bigger.
Date: July 11, 2010 08:18PM
I have my hopes for spa or suzuka, both his favourite circuits and hopefully Mercedez will have a better by then, but then again he must raise his game as well, this is not the Michael I know, one who relies on small incidents to achieve mediocre results?
Date: July 11, 2010 09:23PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
add monza to sspa and suzuka as well ;)
3 races, but he has to improve his quualy pace. it is just tooo unconsistent and too little for a top starting position. if schuey starts 3 -4 th somewhere and make one of those mighty starts then he is right on the top of the list with the potential winners. then again... improving in qualy doesnt seem so easy 4 him.
Date: July 11, 2010 09:44PM
Posted by: LS.
Haha this gets even better, After the tv press interviews webber went back to redbull pit to celebrate and Told his mechanics to unfix his front wing and waved it at Vettel's mechanics!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 11, 2010 10:29PM
Posted by: marcl
I never thought I would say this but if a rbr driver is going to win this year I want it to be Webber now.
Date: July 11, 2010 11:34PM
Posted by: shep34
Go Webber!!!! Hope he and his mechanics unbolt their "old" wing, and go and shove it right up golden boy Vettel's freckle! LOL!
Typical Aussie grit and determination from Webber on the first turn! Great too see, had me roaring with delight watching it in the living room last night.
And as Horner said, the 'new' developments went onto the teams best placed championship driver in Vettel. Now that those positions are reversed, lets just see if that rule stays in place....

"Not bad for a #2 driver". Gold!!!! Cop that Vettel!!!
Date: July 12, 2010 12:46AM
Posted by: Carlitox
The Valencia race made me really angry and this was exactly the same. :-(
I didn't agree with Alonso's penalty because I think that if he had hit the brakes, Kubica would have flipped over.
But, regardless the penalty was fair or not, once again the FIA showed its incompetence by deploying the SC due to De La Rosa's debris (which wasn't so dangerous) and obbligating Alonso to wait and lose lots of positions.
When Alguersuari spun in a dangerous area, no SC was deployed at all.
Think about it. :-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: July 12, 2010 01:07AM
Posted by: shep34
Carlitox Wrote:
> The Valencia race made me really angry and this
> was exactly the same. :-(
> I didn't agree with Alonso's penalty because I
> think that if he had hit the brakes, Kubica would
> have flipped over.
> But, regardless the penalty was fair or not, once
> again the FIA showed its incompetence by deploying
> the SC due to De La Rosa's debris (which wasn't so
> dangerous) and obbligating Alonso to wait and lose
> lots of positions.
> When Alguersuari spun in a dangerous area, no SC
> was deployed at all.
> Think about it. :-)

The Alguersuari car was able to be retrieved quickly and relatively safely from the kitty litter, with minimal impact on the race overall. The debris on the track was a safety hazard to drivers and spectators, it is that simple.
Alonso should have let Kubica regain the position, given the possible (and in hindsight, the actual) consequences. He has only himself to blame. Cutting the corner, no matter how much or how little AND gaining a place on track was always going to draw trouble = a dual world champ should have been smart enough to realise this, and should have fallen in behind Kubica.....
Date: July 12, 2010 01:11AM
Posted by: n00binio
i have the feeling vettel is blamed for everything that goes wrong at rbr. seriously, people complain about questionable ethics at rbr but are incredibly biased themselves.

btw, i doubt rbr will keep the current lineup for 2011.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy