2010 British Grand Prix ****SPOILERS****

Posted by J i m 
Re: 2010 British Grand Prix ****SPOILERS****
Date: July 09, 2010 08:43PM
Posted by: Willb
Hi Guys

[Unashamedly hijacks thread]

If any of you are going to / at the grand prix this weekend and are photographers can you take a picture of the glass section of this building for me (highlighted in red)? I need a decent quality texture ;-)!

Clicky

[/Unashamedly hijacks thread]

No really, I'm sorry. As you were :)...

Thanks!

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2010 08:44PM by Willb.
Date: July 09, 2010 10:17PM
Posted by: J i m
I won't be viewing from Pit straight. Sorry.

Only really viewed from Chapel and Stowe today, and had a big slice of fail with my camera because i fluffed the settings at chapel and got a whole load of fence. I think I made a mistake with the depth of field.... too much experience on being in front of the fence has spoilt me :P

Watching from there, the Red Bulls were visibly more stable than the other cars, the STR's looked pretty good as well... but Buemi and Jamie were a bit over enthusiastic and kept on cutting too much kerb and putting dust on the track. I also noticed something strange in the behaviour at the rear of Petrov's Renault, It was almost like it was bouncing around. I don't know if this was an issue for him... a problem with the car or if he simply runs the car stiffer than most.

At Stowe I looked up from my camera in time to see Vettel in a ball of tyre smoke heading towards the wall at Vale.It was a really hot day and I was also mobbed by the flies around the place who were no doubt attracted by my dayglo yellow folding chair that I bought back from Le Mans Carrefour. More fail on my part <M>.

Arriving at the circuit was pretty fun... I immediately got told off by a car park attended for parking without a pass. I'm not entirely sure what I was supposed to do about this since the ticket documentation only mentioned park & ride for the Saturday and Sunday. So I assumed that it wouldn't be running on Friday and elected to simply park at the circuit instead, I sure as hell weren't going to turn up to a non existent park & ride service, nor not use the Friday part of my ticket that I'd paid good money for. Luckily my excuse was accepted, I think he actually agreed with me that this part of the organisation was definitely lacking.

Silverstone say that they are doing a lot to improve things for spectators.... and in general they are... putting up more grandstands, trying to improve the views etc... But since most of these actually require you pay extra on the general admission I think they missed the point somewhat because basic general admission is becoming ever more restrictive.

I can understand paying extra to have a grandstand seat... but extra to stand up at luffield, cospe etc? This is bad... FOM must really be squeezing the circuits dry because they are passing the wallet rapage to the fans. I think the changes will be better for other events where they don't need to rip of the punters so much. Building work on the new pits is also well underway (Y).

Date: July 10, 2010 08:16AM
Posted by: WestPunx
Does Ferrari have an steering wheel with an LCD screen?
Date: July 10, 2010 09:17AM
Posted by: marcl
Mclaren have now removed the new diffuser and gone back to the old one.
Date: July 10, 2010 09:42AM
Posted by: shep34
Anyone got a link to any live video feed of the practise session for Saturday, viewable from way down here in Australia???
Date: July 10, 2010 11:47AM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Wonder how Vettel feels about Webber riding his ex Liz. Surely can't help red bull relations! :o

Date: July 10, 2010 03:04PM
Posted by: harjinator
i honestly cannot understand the love for silverstone... it's such a BORING track! just sweeping corners... no interest. it's like a Tilkedrome

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: July 10, 2010 03:12PM
Posted by: Slash
Wow, even I feel gutted!! That wa some serious humilliation from Red Bull.. I never tought they woul lower to 29's... Oh well

And both my favourite drivers did horrible, Michael was hit and miss, knowing that I don't understand why he waited so long to go out, so if he messed up only had a chance??? Pfffff, he's not making it any easier for himself, is he?

And was Jenson there?... He's good for races but new section has zero overtaking possibilities... I hope Ferrari are better under race pace otherwise is going to be a borefest for the first time in a loooong time for Silverstone
Date: July 10, 2010 03:13PM
Posted by: Ilkayplaya
Ok that was really humiliating...eight tenths in front of Fernando..I hoped for less gap than in Valencia, but this RedBull has huge potential. Fernando at least faster than the rest of the field, Felipe disappointing again, he should be 5th at least if Fernando is 3rd.
Date: July 10, 2010 03:14PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Flat through Copse, flat through Club with the duct, flat through Abbey and then onto the duct before he was even at the exit, flat through the kink with the duct. It's just insane.

i honestly cannot understand the love for silverstone... it's such a BORING track! just sweeping corners... no interest. it's like a Tilkedrome

Sorry, what?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 10, 2010 03:16PM
Posted by: chet
JB was awful.

I heop they find something wrong with the car/chassis tonight otherwise his only excuse is just being slow.

As for tomorrow.. Well I said it Friday, RBR look as dominant this year as last year. They will romp away and the battle will be for 3rd.

Man of the hour? Lewis! Pulls it out when most important. The more this season goes on the more I find respect and appreciate how good he actually is!!!

Stunning performance by Rubens also :D.

Once again Alonso moaning because there are other cars on track. Tw*t. His arm waving at every opportunity is just as annoying as Vettels fcuking finger!!!!

edit - missing the post-qual on BBC but I know that the double slot FW on the RBR IS the newer version.

Vettel had his problem with a double slot FW. They put a single slot FW on it as a replacement and next thing you know Mark now has the single slot and Vettel the double.

Rewind back to some other race (turkey..?)

Webber pitted after the accident. RBR introduced the double slot at Turkey, and that is the wing that came of Webbers car, and was replaced with the single slot version. Therefore you have to assume the double slot is the newer version.

WHy the hell has Vettel got it?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2010 03:19PM by chet.
Date: July 10, 2010 03:16PM
Posted by: vesuvius
haha yay go RedBull once again showing that talking that you can destroy the rest of the field with huge updates( McLaren)is not the right way, the right way is to show it on the track and yet again they did it,...what a show, well done, thank you :)
Date: July 10, 2010 03:25PM
Posted by: vesuvius
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JB was awful.
>
> I heop they find something wrong with the
> car/chassis tonight otherwise his only excuse is
> just being slow.
>
> As for tomorrow.. Well I said it Friday, RBR look
> as dominant this year as last year. They will romp
> away and the battle will be for 3rd.
>
> Man of the hour? Lewis! Pulls it out when most
> important. The more this season goes on the more I
> find respect and appreciate how good he actually
> is!!!
>
> Stunning performance by Rubens also :D.
>
> Once again Alonso moaning because there are other
> cars on track. Tw*t. His arm waving at every
> opportunity is just as annoying as Vettels fcuking
> finger!!!!
>
> edit - missing the post-qual on BBC but I know
> that the double slot FW on the RBR IS the newer
> version.
>
> Vettel had his problem with a double slot FW. They
> put a single slot FW on it as a replacement and
> next thing you know Mark now has the single slot
> and Vettel the double.
>
> Rewind back to some other race (turkey..?)
>
> Webber pitted after the accident. RBR introduced
> the double slot at Turkey, and that is the wing
> that came of Webbers car, and was replaced with
> the single slot version. Therefore you have to
> assume the double slot is the newer version.
>
> WHy the hell has Vettel got it?

They only have one new front wing ready for this race weekend and it's given for Vettel....they don't even have spare parts for it.
Date: July 10, 2010 03:26PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Once again Alonso moaning because there are other cars on track. Tw*t. His arm waving at every opportunity is just as annoying as Vettels fcuking finger!!!!

Well, lets be fair. Rubens screwed up his lap and slowed down (presumably to get a gap) and fell in front of Alonso. Not really Rubens fault, he can't know where everyone is, and he was just doing his best to get a lap, but it ruined Alonsos final run. If it was any other driver who was annoyed, nobody would even mention it. Alonso is just public enemy #1 because he dared to call out Lewis for screwing up at Valencia.

I am STILL amazed at people moaning about Vettels finger. I guess it's true what people say - fans hate success, and find any reason to hate someone who really is that good.

WHy the hell has Vettel got it?

They hadn't decided if they were going to run it until today. They had 1, Vettel is ahead in the championship, therefore he gets it. Hornor answered that 3 times (I know you didn't see the show though), and EJ kept demanding an answer - despite the answer being given.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2010 03:27PM by DaveEllis.
Date: July 10, 2010 03:40PM
Posted by: chet
Well, lets be fair. Rubens screwed up his lap and slowed down (presumably to get a gap) and fell in front of Alonso. Not really Rubens fault, he can't know where everyone is, and he was just doing his best to get a lap, but it ruined Alonsos final run. If it was any other driver who was annoyed, nobody would even mention it. Alonso is just public enemy #1 because he dared to call out Lewis for screwing up at Valencia.

I think my problem with ALonso goes back to China when he moaned at Karun who hardly got in the way. If you go back and look I think I was more angry at Button who though got held up more aggressivley decided to brake test the Virgin. Also, Alonso has a history of getting annoyed easily, such as the brake test at Hungary a few years ago.

I am STILL amazed at people moaning about Vettels finger. I guess it's true what people say - fans hate success, and find any reason to hate someone who really is that good.

I hate his finger, but ill admit its not half as cringe-worthy as JB's radio transmissions last year ;-)! Or half as bad as Alonso chirping bird stuff a few years back. Just seems gimicky and fake to me.

Then again, whats the difference between that and Schumachers podium leap? Which I often admired and became a picture of the early decade along with the sound of the German and Italian national anthems, images and sounds that'll leave me.

It's not Vettel's success I hate. Its him.

They hadn't decided if they were going to run it until today. They had 1, Vettel is ahead in the championship, therefore he gets it.

Wow, id love to see that reaction from people last year had a similar thing happened at other teams. Namley last year at Brawn?

Fans are fickle and quick to change their minds but it's everyone.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2010 03:41PM by chet.
Date: July 10, 2010 03:54PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I can understand if your really badly blocked, for instance with Liuzzi on Hulkenberg

But it gets a bit ridiculous when Alonso flaps at Barrichello in the Williams who was on a hot lap himself, and it was in Q3 both were out to get the best possible position

Just because Alonso is in a Ferrari doesn't mean anyone in front of him in qualifying should just move aside

But I'm not just getting at Alonso, it's something I'd like to see less off from all the drivers in supposed 'top teams'

Really what's to gain from flapping your hands about, if they feel they have been particularly badly blocked then go and speak to either the driver after the session or the stewards if they feel it has effected them that badly

And I really don't understand why people seem to be bothered by Vettel's finger

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: July 10, 2010 04:06PM
Posted by: Ilkayplaya
Let me first say this: I am a Ferrari Fan

But I think you have discussed enough this Alonso - Barrichello stuff. Rubens was not on a flying lap and did not leave the racing line, but Alonso is finally 3rd and I think he has already forgotten this incident. He could not do better than 3rd today and he knows that. So it didn't cause any consequences. Let's finish this topic.

I would like to say another thing I've read recently: After Vettel's front wing was damaged in third free practice, Redbull gave the one and only left new front wing of Mark Webber to Seb.Vettel! Webber had to drive the qualifying with the old front wing..that's what I call shameless! They really prefer Vettel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2010 04:11PM by Ilkayplaya.
Date: July 10, 2010 04:48PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Apparently Mark Webber is PISSED!!:-(

The new front wing that got damaged on Vettels car in FP3 was replaced by the one on Webbers car. Which was then used to beat Webber in Q3....

[www.autosport.com]

I'd be annoyed as s*** as well. Blatant favoritism.

Date: July 10, 2010 05:15PM
Posted by: Slash
I don't understand, did they took the one Webber's been working on for the whole weekend or just a piece they have for reserve?
Date: July 10, 2010 05:33PM
Posted by: zulu_85
This Alonso-Rubens incident, are we referring to the bit on TV with about half a minute to go before the end of the session where Alonso's waving his hand at him as they come down the main straight? I'm fairly sure it was Schumacher, not Rubens. Firstly you can just see Michael's name pitch up on the timing graphics as the car ahead of Alonso crosses the line and Rubens, having crossed the line only roughly 60 seconds before simply could not have reached Woodcote again so quickly. He's the other side of the track at this stage, a fair distance ahead of Massa.

Schumacher was on a timed lap, but not really a hot lap. Still, short of throwing his car into a temporal anomaly where he's removed from the fabric of time and space until Alonso has comfortably passed him, I'm not sure what Alonso was hoping he'd do for him? I don't think Schumacher would have even seen him at that stage. Though I guess it raises the question, should drivers check with their engineers whether they are safe to back off or something???

On the subject of Rubens, delighted he's back in the Top 10. I hope for him and for Williams that this is from now a regular occurrence. :)

Anyway, yes, annoyed about Renault, both drivers hinting at a strong performance really all weekend until Q2 when Robert barely gets in to Q3 and Petrov's engine cuts out and he couldn't deliver in the time that left him. Still, at least Kubica got 6th in the end, and Petrov get's promoted to 15th... As for Red Bull? Up to them to lose the Grand Prix tomorrow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy