Aussie GP Ticket Prices

Posted by brunoboi 
Aussie GP Ticket Prices
Date: June 17, 2010 05:20PM
Posted by: brunoboi
Allo people!

I know we've got a lot of Aussie members on here so hopefully you'll bhe able to help me out with this one...

My mate has got a uni placement over the next year in Melbourne and a few mates and myself have decided it would be pretty cool to go out there for the GP next year. Obviously this is gonna be a pretty expensive trip with the plane tix alone but I was just wondering how much the tickets themselves are likely to set us back? So, if anyone has been in the last couple of years and could tell us how much general admission tickets are for each of the days that'd be great?

Cheers peeps!

Re: Aussie GP Ticket Prices
Date: June 17, 2010 10:18PM
Posted by: casabonka
depends on gstands or general admin, 4 days or 1. 4 day grand stand ranges between 380-500 approx. general admin iirc is $99 for Sunday and about $160 for 4 days.
check out grandprix.com.au as I think u can still get grandstands at 2010 prices through gp advantage.

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: June 18, 2010 01:23AM
Posted by: mortal
The ticket prices are a rip off imho. I have often seen grandstand seats empty on the day of the race, and on other days as well. Could they not have been sold? But no, if you want a grandstand seat you have to buy four days. The seats should be sold on a daily basis, not for the whole weekend. As for general admission on Sunday, no wonder attendance has fallen charging A$99.00. Jeez, make it a $100 and be done with it! No wonder a lot of people wont go, they can't afford it any more. Add the rip off prices inside the venue for a burger or a drink, the blatant robbery for parking if you go by car, and if you have a family, just forget it, or take out a second mortgage so you can fund the day out. No wonder so many stay home and watch it on tv.
For the last few years the race has lost millions and has been funded by the Victorian taxpayer, I think last year it lost $32m. Not that I'm complaining, I don't live in Victoria and haven't been to the GP for a few years anyway. However, it is a good event, and a favourite for the drivers, there's plenty of good viewing areas if you go gen admish, and if the weather is good, it's a great day out. Melbourne is one of the best places to visit in Australia btw. (Y)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 18, 2010 01:42AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
So taking that your all at uni and will be able to get concession; i think sunday cost me $75 last year.
Saturday is cheaper, then friday cheaper again and then thursday is useless.

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: June 18, 2010 02:33AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
You can still see 2010 prices here, and a virtual view of all the grandstands.

Grandstands: [grandprix.com.au]
General Admission: [grandprix.com.au]

General Admission is excellent at Albert Park though, and definitely worth considering. There are large spectator mounds at Turn 2, 5, 9 and 11, as well as great standing areas along the straights, as well as at Turn 4/5.
If you want to combine both GA and grandstand, you can get a 1 day grandstand as well (at least based on this year): [grandprix.com.au]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 18, 2010 05:06AM
Posted by: casabonka
yeah expect to pay around $6-7 for aussie beer, $9 for johnny walker. I think $10 should get you some salmonella infested lunch too.

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: June 18, 2010 08:06AM
Posted by: mortal
I think $10 should get you some salmonella infested lunch too.

LOL! +1
Your honour, the prosecution rests its case. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 18, 2010 09:47AM
Posted by: torana_05
food is bloody expenisve and limited. we took our own lunch and had no drama at the gates this year.

Date: June 19, 2010 08:53AM
Posted by: brunoboi
Thanks for the help guys. looking at the exchange rates - which are nothing like they used to be! - it's probably about the same as silverstone. we will probably only in for a gen admin ticket but it would just be a case of whether we can afford the sunday. to be fair tho i'm quite happy to watch the race elsewhere seeing as we'd be in a city i've always wanted to visit.

mal - i'm sure what you call good weather and what i'd call good weather are a bit different lol i'm pretty sure i may melt if it's one of yours :P

Date: June 19, 2010 09:49AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
brunoboi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mal - i'm sure what you call good weather and what
> i'd call good weather are a bit different lol i'm
> pretty sure i may melt if it's one of yours :P

In 2008 it must have been nudging 40 degrees on the Sunday, but it wasn't that bad this year.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 19, 2010 02:28PM
Posted by: gareth
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> brunoboi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mal - i'm sure what you call good weather and
> what
> > i'd call good weather are a bit different lol
> i'm
> > pretty sure i may melt if it's one of yours :P
>
> In 2008 it must have been nudging 40 degrees on
> the Sunday, but it wasn't that bad this year.

Yup... in '08 it was 40 on the Friday, the Saturday and the Sunday. Cooled down to a positively chilly 32-33 overnight though which was welcome relief. Far out, it gets hot here in Sydney - but we normally get a sea breeze to take the edge off - but that was something else. If a gust of wind did blow it was like a hair dryer!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy