2010 Formula 1™ Chinese GP THREAD **SPOILERS**

Posted by raulongo 
Re: 2010 Formula 1™ Chinese GP THREAD **SPOILERS**
Date: April 19, 2010 12:26AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
there have been a few stars so far this season but i think alonso is just doing a fantastic effort. drive thry today yet hes finished only a couple of secs from podium. malaysia probs from start yet he still was hustling button till the end and kept us easily with massa. i do think the ferrari is 2nd fastest car - its only bahrain where theyve been able to show it

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 19, 2010 12:50AM
Posted by: matt3454
To be fair, Button, Rosberg, Kubica and Petrov should have beat the field by 50+ seconds, if it wasn't for the safety car staying out for a crazy amount of time considering how little debris there was on the track.

I am liking the contrast between Button and Hamilton, it is similar to the Senna - Prost days....and at the moment, the Button/Prost style is on top.

Button's stock has gone up massively in the last few races, and I have to say I'm delighted for him. I too thought he'd be in trouble against Hamilton. But Hamilton appears to completely lack calmness...He's wild, agressive and to be honest, if it were one of the previous years, he'd have been hauled massively across the coals by the stewards by now. I fear he's gonna have a massive accident yet. The pitlane today, while exciting, was a very wild moment, and I was amazed there wasn't more serious repercussions arising out of it.

Interesting to see the lineup of drivers like that. I still find Kimi the most disappointing in the sense of wasted potential: you just have to look at the fastest laps list to realise the man had incredible outright speed. Villeneuve's championship was probably the most undeserved I felt, both in the sense of how it was won and what he has done since. Hakkinen's champ in 1999 wasn't all that impressive to me either, he effectively won by default as everyone else fell away for various reason, and despite Hakkinen himself making a number of major errors. Similar story with 1996, Hill had it sewn up by Germany and then between himself and Williams they did their best to throw it away for the rest of the year. Button last year wasn't all that impressive either, purely from a driver point of view, difficult to analyse though due to the change in competitiveness of cars from race to race that year.
Date: April 19, 2010 09:32AM
Posted by: marcl
Tbh Lewis has been faster than Button this year but has made the wrong calls twice now 1st in Australia and now in China. Each time though Lewis has closed the gap back to button so it is still hard to say which one is faster.

On a normal weekend we need to look back to the 1st race where Lewis beat Button.

I think when we get back to Europe and have normal weekends with no rain etc Lewis will come out on top if he stops getting invloved in stupid things.

Button is doing a fantastic job this year, far better than last year if you ask me. Lewis is looking like a man under pressure and it is getting to him, he looks a bit desperate. But his racing on the track is out standing the guy can race and some of the moves he pulled off on Sunday were fantastic taking 2 cars in one go.

I think MS got over taken more times in this one race than he has in all his F1 days lol. On the red button on bbc i found it funny how Merc were trying to defend him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2010 09:35AM by marcl.
Date: April 19, 2010 12:42PM
Posted by: mcdo
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Australian coverage picked up some outside
> audio about 2/3rds through the race that spoke
> over the BBC commentary - it sounded like possibly
> race control, and it went for quite a while -
> talking about reviewing the Vettel/Hamilton
> pitlane incident.
>
> Did anyone else get this?

Yes, I kept hearing that. I thought it was a neighbour at first!

I don't think it was someone in race control. Would the BBC have access to live RC talk?
The voice kept saying they'd have a "VT after the race" and something like 'that backs up what Martin said...Hamilton will get a grid drop at the next race.' I hope Legard hears a replay of himself being drowned out.

Anyway, that was a race. Great to see Webber get past Vettel off the line, but apparently his setup was predicated on far more rain far earlier, so even with the advantage of the odd earlier stop, he was destined to be blown past.

Interesting that the older, wiser Button is making the younger, edgier Hamilton look like an angry pup, whereas the older, wiser Webber keeps being shown up by the younger, cool hand Vettel. There's more than a fine line between talent and vehicle. Just ask Schumacher.

Apart from Button winning two races in fairly exceptional circumstances and Red Bull leading qualifying, the championship hasn't yet struck a rhythm apart from having 2 virtual processions interrupted by 2 crackers.

So Barcelona might be a viewer snooze but I've always heard it's the first signal point in the course of a season.
Date: April 20, 2010 01:03AM
Posted by: Slash
i don't understand why the media are so desperate to create a conflict in Ferrari between the drivers... so that they can point the finger at Alonso??

it's ricidulous tbh they've been asking massa, domenicalli, and i'll bet in the next couple of days they'll probably create a poll or have a response from Mr DiMontezemolo...
if anything Ferrari is quite happy with Alonso, they've proven that getting rid of Kimi to sit Alonso in was a great choice, the guy even with the penalty still finished 4th. and all his races have been really good.. remarkable

i doubt that overtaking maneuver in the pit entrance is what Massa is thinking about right now, he might be worried that in any conditions in any cirmustances Alonso's been quicker... and he's just getting started
Im glad I wasnt the only one hearing voices! :) :)

2013 - Nando must come through..
The voices that were broadcast on BBC feeds outside of the UK was BBC Directors/Editors and Jake. They were discussing the coverage to be shown after the race on BBC.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
DaveEllis Wrote:
> The voices that were broadcast on BBC feeds
> outside of the UK was BBC Directors/Editors and
> Jake. They were discussing the coverage to be
> shown after the race on BBC.

Thanks

Slash Wrote:
> and i'll bet in the next couple of
> days they'll probably create a poll or have a
> response from Mr DiMontezemolo...

right on cue; [f1.gpupdate.net]

X (@ed24f1)
finally i found 2009 fia gala video..

haha jenson looks like james bond on intro a daniel craigh suit style winter

Ah, i wondered where that video came from - they played it for the Australian F1 2010 Season Preview.

It is a superb video though!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 22, 2010 07:28PM
Posted by: Slash
yes, very nice, i usually get bored with this type of videos, but this one i watched every single second... nice!
I watched the race and when i saw the start of alonso i first thaught man thats awesome but later i saw that he jumped but he still managed 4th wich is very good.
Im also very happy for Renault with Robert 5th and Vitaly 7th. Also good drive from button and im sorry for schumi but lets wait and see how things go in barcelona.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: April 24, 2010 03:44PM
Posted by: gav
I've watched Alonso's start frame by frame from the slowmo replay looking over Charlie's shoulder, and according to that view, he didn't jump the start. He only moved after the lights in Charlie's booth went out (I'll be generous and add a tenth to compensate for the first few inches). According to the onboard replay, Alonso jumped the start by around 2 tenths of a second.

Obviously he still jumped the start as from his view he went before the lights went out, but it's still odd.
The jump start procedure takes into account the fastest possible human reaction time. Since Alonso was moving before anyone could possibly have reacted to it he either jumped the start or suddenly became Chuck Norris.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 25, 2010 10:04AM
Why does it take into account reaction time?

Granted, had Alonso's start been a couple of ms later, then it would have been entirely down to luck, but still. Half of F1 this season has been luck (good & bad).
Because then it isn't the driver reacting. You cannot possibly eliminate luck, but in this case you can take out a fair chunk of it.

Built into the reaction time (I don't know what the FIA specifies as the time) is a whole bunch of other stuff. Such as the sensitivity of the sensors - the cars can actually move without being detected, and the time it takes from the car moving to the sensor detecting the movement (or rather before it judges it a jump start) is taken into account, as well as the mechanical lag on the cars themselves. These may not be large time (a few ms at the most), but it all adds up to a significant amount given an F1 car accelerates so quickly.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 26, 2010 03:26PM
Posted by: senninho
Found this on thescuderia.net - rather amusingly, some of them are accusing the FIA of favouring English drivers when making stewards' decisions :rolleyes:

Also, it's quite possible that Charlie's lights go out a tenth or two before the main ones, due to some sort of lag.

Well the red lights go out after Alonso has started to move

Where is the favouritism there

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 26, 2010 08:07PM
They're not arguing about Alonso's penalty, more that Alonso was given a penalty while Hamilton didn't get one for the wheel-banging or last minute pit-entry. They complained about Button's restart, but that's about all he's done 'wrong' recently. It just looks like a forum full of Ferrari/Alonso fans, therefore it's natural for most of them to blame Hamilton for everything...

The thread's here if you want a laugh. I should stress I've never been there before I went to look for this thread. I hate fanboys at the best of times, so I'm not about to become a member on a fanboy website. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2010 08:08PM by gav.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy