-------------------------------------------------------
> First image of the Williams FW32
>
> [cdn.images.autosport.com]
> 45.jpg
>
> Another team going with the raised nose then, it
> looks like it could be a bit of a trend in 2010

I don't think this is a FW32, as this image features a strange bargeboards... but I agree on the front wing... We'll have to wait until monday though.

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Re: 2010 Car Launch thread
Date: January 28, 2010 07:24PM
Posted by: Team CLR
The Williams starts off really nicely with the way the bodywork contours flow, but then suddenly and abruptly ends just after the the airbox, would have been better if it was continued to the back of the car.

Date: January 28, 2010 07:24PM
Posted by: EC83
The Williams looks pretty nice. Liking the simple, clean shape and the raised nose looks gorgeous. Looks like a good evolution from the 2009 car.

Date: January 28, 2010 09:12PM
Posted by: Monza972
The Williams goes well with it's colour scheme.

On the Ferrari however, my god the shape is nice. It's sleek and tidy with an improvement on last year's hideousness. However, I am not liking the paintjob on it. The Crimson looks nice but they've just gone and slapped every single Santander logo in all places and stuck a white paint on it. The guys in our GPG Forum would do a completely awesome job.
Date: January 28, 2010 09:34PM
Posted by: Frantic
Williams looks good

Ferrari to, but still would look 1000 times better with black wings.

Date: January 28, 2010 11:49PM
Posted by: flat tyre
New Renault livery?? I really hope so :) would make sense as the team are all wearing black clothes now.

"Submitted Sunday, the new liook of the Renault F1 R30 is revealed through exclusive photos from the new website of the French team. We particularly see a small yellow and black R29, which appears to be delivered in 2010 livery.

A real homecoming for Renault, which returns to its original colors, dating from the Turbo. Note the presence of red on the ends of the front and rear wings."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2010 11:58PM by flat tyre.
Date: January 29, 2010 12:03AM
Posted by: EC83
It'd be awesome if Renault went back to their old-style livery from their first stint in F1 - or a version more like the special 30 Ans livery they made in 2007. It'd be better than any of their previous liveries from this stint(especially the ING-orientated livery of 2007-2009, which I couldn't stand).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 12:06AM by EC83.
Date: January 29, 2010 01:43AM
Posted by: Frantic
That red doesent fit totally into the car... but its not bad. In 1979 they used different colours to differ the numbers in each car: red number in #15 (Jabouille) and light blue in #16 (Arnoux)

Date: January 29, 2010 02:02AM
Posted by: chet
As we've come to expect with Ferrari, it was a conservative affair.

First thing noticeable, as with the USF1 and now the Williams and Ferrari... Exhausts are alot further forward this year. Persumably to allow for tighter packaging at the rear.

Williams by far the prettier car to look at. Looks like they've been going through force indias bins ;-)! Not much else you see in such a small pic other than what is looking quite a small low rear end. On the Ferrari, I dont understand why they covered the diffuser? I mean we're all going to be seeing it on Monday! Whats a few days difference?

I think this years cars will look much more in proportion than last year. I always thought the noses were too long, and sidepods too short. So far both cars looking better than most last year.

The big launch is tomorrow ;-)! Never really been excited about a Mclaren launch before ( i always assumed their cars would be awesome) but now for obvious reasons I very much am looking forward to it! If not just to see Button's helmet!

Vers - Such predictions about aero problems with the F2010 are insane at this stage. Before its hit the track. Predictions like these always happen but do they ever come true? I suspect with Kimi's absence you could be more willing to believe :p

RedBull for example are rumoured to suffer from overheating.

But wait, the car hasnt ran yet? How do they know yet? This is why teams tend to drill holes in the car at the track rather than design a suitable solution before.... Because they dont know until they are at the track. I would very much hold out to say the Ferrari is a flop. Aside from it being a silly comment, this is Ferrari, and a bad car two years in a row is just not right.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 29, 2010 03:17AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
Found this shot of possible Renault livery

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 03:18AM by Renault#1Fan.
Date: January 29, 2010 04:37AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Even with the red, something like that would look fantastic!

Hopefully any sponsors that Petrov or whoever brings to the team doesn't ruin the livery

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 29, 2010 08:21AM
Posted by: alexf1man
You could do one with the TW Steel logo, as it's one of Renault's official partners
Date: January 29, 2010 09:51AM
Posted by: fongu
New Mercedes?

Date: January 29, 2010 09:57AM
Posted by: gav
Are they exhausts sticking out of the back?
Date: January 29, 2010 10:01AM
Posted by: lukepm
that looks like the '08 Honda to me. probably a show car
Date: January 29, 2010 10:09AM
Posted by: fongu
yeah I should really recognise the RA108 shouldn't I ;)

Date: January 29, 2010 10:19AM
Posted by: vesuvius
here is some new reporst of Ferrari already planning a b-version because the problems of the current version has: [formula-1.updatesport.com]
Date: January 29, 2010 10:47AM
Posted by: MDBSnake
chet Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First thing noticeable, as with the USF1 and now
> the Williams and Ferrari... Exhausts are alot
> further forward this year. Persumably to allow for
> tighter packaging at the rear.

Didn't they move the engine closer to the driver for the bigger fuel tanks etc this year? Obviously that would explain the repositioning of the exhaust as it will be dull for them to make 1meter extra long exhaust pipes so they could remain in the same position

The presumed renault looks cool :)

EDIT:// Anyone wanna watch the macca: [carlaunch.mclaren.com] Currently a little more then an hour left on the clock (Y)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 10:48AM by MDBSnake.
Date: January 29, 2010 10:50AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
Where can i check the pics from the USF1??

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: January 29, 2010 10:54AM
Posted by: kimifanaat
About the Renault: amazing car, I would love to see that car on track!
About he 'Mercedes': I hope it is not the one they are going to use in 2010.
About the Williams: It looks like a shark to me, nice and aggressive!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy